Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Live from the Hard Rock
Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room

on October 5, 2005
I just bought this album today and I was suprised that it has a hardcover booklet with pictures of their tour. The CD and the DVD that are both inside the book are songs from the concert except the acoustic version of Crazy, Welcome to My Life, and Perfect. This album also includs a Simple Plan patch and a "I Love SP" pin. This product makes a nice gift. I really like this album because it was recorded in a live concert, but they should have wrote more songs. THese are all their old songs from previous albums. Other than that, this is a great album.
on December 4, 2005
SP rocks on this CD because they are excellent live performers! This CD is my favorite because they don't hold back and just unleash with the vocals and music and really show how amazingly talented they all really are. I saw them in concert after hearing this CD and WOW!!! They give 100% out there for their fans, and it's awesome to have a CD to capture a little bit of that. The music blew us away and I can't say enough about this band. I have all their albums now after seeing them live. Hard Rock Live is still my favorite one. Check it out!
on February 21, 2006
This CD is great, even for people who don't like the sound of a live show. Most of the songs sound the same as they do on the albums, and some sound better. Pierre really is a "hyperactive cheerleader," but that's not such a bad thing when you're playing for a few thousand people. There are sing-alongs (Perfect), and screaming contests (I'm Just a Kid). Many funny moments, like David yelling at all the guys in the crowd to "grab their balls and make some noise," Pierre saying that he wants to make out with the crowd, and David calling their first record "No Pads, No Helmets, Just Bizzles." The CD is also enhanced with two live videos, Shut Up and Jump.
on August 10, 2009
These live renderings of Simple Plan's earliest hit songs are closer to hard rock than the punk rock originals available on their studio albums. I for one like these versions of the songs better than the studio recordings, and unlike many other live CDs - this one's sound quality is excellent - almost as good as when recorded in a closed studio. If you love Simple Plan, then you'll enjoy these revamped versions, and if you didn't like Simple Plan before, then take a listen to these renderings with an open mind and you may discover your new favorite band.
on December 4, 2005
I can't say enough about this CD! Out of all of their CD's (and we have them ALL!) we love this the most. They are amazing live! We saw Simple Plan in Canada recently and they rock...their personalities really show through when performing live and you have to hear this CD! The music is incredible and they don't hold back at all. Awesome CD!
on October 4, 2005
I was at this concert & it was awesome! We are so excited that SP & MTV have released the show on CD & DVD (special edition fan pack). The guys looked & sounded great that night in Orlando. This is an awesome buy for the biggest & smallest Simple Plan fans.
on February 3, 2006
SP is my favorite band and this cd actually shows the above music. It lets you listen like you were ACTUALLY at the concert. It has funny parts and it cracks me up every time. This cd has new songs and old songs. If you want a cd that you would like to listen to over and over again, buy this cd.
on August 30, 2010
8. Thank You
9. Welcome To My Life
10. I'm Just A Kid
11. I'd Do Anything
12. Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me?)
13. Perfect
14. Crazy (Accoustic Version)
on January 27, 2006
Without a doubt one of the most popular modern punk rock bands today, the Canada based Simple Plan continue to impress me with their fantastic albums and brilliant live shows. This DVD, in particular, shows exactly why this group is at the forefront of punk rock today. It is quite simple: if you are a fan of this band and you haven't yet bought the DVD, punch yourself for not owning it yet, dig out twenty or thirty bucks from your wallet or purse and go and purchase it. If you happen to be one of the few unfortunate people who doesn't own a DVD player, buy it anyway just for the CD version which features every song they performed.

The reason why Simple Plan are a favourite among punk bands these days, is because they are the voice of every angst-ridden, troubled teen out there. They cover all aspects of youth culture, eg. love ("I'd Do Anything", "Addicted"), broken relationships ("I Won't Be There", "You Don't Mean Anything"), family issues ("Perfect"), general stress ("God Must Hate Me", "Untitled") and of course, partying ("Jump"). Every teenager who has these sort of complications in their life, has a form of emotional release when they listen to Simple Plan. The listeners connect with the band through their heartfelt and emotional lyrics. Oh yeah, and they just happen to make some kick-a*s music too.

This Live DVD/CD set captures the group at their best, as they perform their most popular hits in front of a ten thousand plus crowd in Orlando, Florida at the MTV Hard Rock concert.

My personal favourite on the DVD, is "Perfect", their closing track. I believe every teenager on the planet can relate in some way to this song. Everyone has issues with their parents. The song starts off as an acoustic version, with Pierre letting the crowd provide the vocals. This is fantastic to listen to. Knowing that everyone out there feels the lyrics and connects with them, and singing them out as loud as possible, is enough to send a shiver up AND down your spine. After the audience sings the first chorus, the music kicks in and the band rock out. Pierre takes over and delivers the rest of the song.

"Perfect" is the stand out song for me, but the entire DVD is just dead-set fantastic.

The only negative thing I have to say is about the CD. The tracks "Shut Up" and "Me Against The World", two of the best songs on their 2nd album Still Not Getting Any, don't go for the full song. For example, "Shut Up" only goes for 1:54 mins and it automatically finishes right after the first chorus. "Me Against The World" ends after Pierre says "say what you want to, we'll never let you in..." and goes straight on into "Crazy". Apart from these two small mistakes, the album is superb. The DVD is even better. It captures all five members at the peak of their talents, lifting the roof off with their insanely catchy music.

And there just happens to be acoustic versions of three different songs on the CD. That just tops it off.

I reckon Simple Plan will be around for years and years to come.
on June 25, 2009
I love the intro for this cd. They sound awsome live. David sounds like the lead singer of Green Day. You'll know what I meen in Shut Up. A must buy.....if you like simple plan.