5.0 out of 5 stars Just Flawless!!!
Published on December 12, 2005 by B. K. Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Dorinda, but not this CD :-)
I was disappointed with this release although I love Dorinda Clark-Cole and the other Clark Sisters. Just something amiss with this entire CD. Not sure if it was writing/lyrics, or some of the music arrangements. I liked only one song on the entire CD, which is unheard of for me with a Clark Sisters CD. However, I'm a die-hard Clark Sisters fan, so I'm still going to buy...
Published on June 20, 2006 by renee

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Flawless!!!, December 12, 2005
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
This CD is sooooo great!!! I cant stop listening to it. Every song on this album is so good. I would say that "I Got A Reason" is my favorite song on this album. This whole album ministers to me so much. I love the whole Clark dynasty. i really hope that they will come out with a DVD for this CD. "Rose of Gospel" truly minsters to me. So i highly recommend this CD to anyone and everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dorinda Outdid Herself!, October 6, 2005
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
I loved the last album...let me begin by saying that. With THIS album, however, Dorinda has exceeded every expectation that I had. EVERY SONG on this album is strong...Her vocals are impeccable and the heart in which she delivers them is second to none. It is, as we would say in church, anointed.

It is, also, what I feel gospel music should be...Enjoyable, soothing, riveting, soul shaking and inspiring. Many of the new artists (to me) are waaaay too fussy in their approach...and Dorinda is a breath of fresh air...

Can't pick a favorite song...each one stands on it's own...and I mean that!

I highly, highly, highly recommend this album...

5.0 out of 5 stars DORINDA IS A LEAGUE ALL BY HERSELF!!!, September 3, 2005
Donald C. Manuel (Lake Charles, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
I must say that this project is so special to me, not only because I love Dorinda so much, but also because I was at the live recording for this project. I'm not sure if many of you know, but Dorinda actually passed out during the intermission. BUT THE SAINTS WENT INTO PRAYER, and she cam back stronger than ever. I love every song on this CD, but my favorites are "Nobody But God", "For The Rest Of My LIfe", "I've Got A Reason", "Great Is The Lord", and "So Many Times". She really ministered on "Nobody But God"! That song will make you shout no matter where you are! PLEASE BUY THIS CD!!!!! DON'T BURN IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rose of Gospel: In FULL Bloom!, January 28, 2006
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
Where does one start? Dr. DORINDA CLARK-COLE! The Rose of Gospel. The anointed BEAUTIFUL woman of GOD who has picked up where her mother, the awesome late Dr. Mattie Moss Clark, left off hits us for a second go-round with her sophomore effort THE ROSE OF GOSPEL...LIVE IN HOUSTON! This cd, from start to finish, is chock full of powerful songs of faith, hope, prosperity, and the goodness of God.

DORINDA, who has seen her career take off since the release of her debut project (DORINDA CLARK COLE) in 2002) is one of those singers who TRULY has a sound of her own. When you hear "yeyeyeye" in a repeated stuttered fashion, you know it's DORINDA CLARK-COLE. When you hear that high pitched rasp tackle a complex, multi-layered riff or run, you know without a doubt that it's DORINDA CLARK-COLE! Even when you hear a SQUEAK on a hit-and-miss note, you KNOW deep down in your soul that it's none other than DORINDA CLARK-COLE! And for all of these things and MORE we LOVE this dynamic preaching woman of GOD!

The cd starts off with a solid introduction from DORINDA's baby sister Karen Clark-Sheard which then flows nicely into the calypso-Carribean flavored "Great Is The Lord" (reminiscent of Clark Sister classic "You Brought the Sunshine"). This praise and worship track displays a very different vocal style for DORINDA as she flows in and out, up and down, and every which way through this song! Her modulations are clear and crisp and the message is even CLEARER! GREAT IS THE LORD AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED she proclaims as the choir (New Direction) accents and supports. Alex Ward puts a whoopin on the instrumentation which is TOP notch throughout the project. If you are a fan of instruments, then this cd is DEFINITELY one you should get!

Next, DORINDA is in her element on the churchy, uptempo "So Many Times" which DORINDA also calls "Rescue Praise"! My GOD! If you don't get your dance on with this song, something is definitely wrong. Anything dead should be...ahhh, I'm bout to get happy off of my own stuff (loool)...DORINDA works this song like only she can with a vocal delivery that is MIND BLOWING! This is a PRAISE FESTIVAL for real! My favorite on the cd! DORINDA, although known for her ability to wreck uptempos, is not to be played with on more mellow slow-tempos as shown on the powerful "Nobody But God" which she shines on. She lets you know that GOD is still in the blessing business as He still performs miracles each and every time we turn around. This song features an awesome reprise as well on which DORINDA's preaching (which she is well known for) is shown in a very dynamic way.

The following track is a song of hope and faith. "Everything He Promised" begins with DORINDA singing in a very laid back style over light instruments. The song picks up as she and her special guest, a young man who won DORINDA's Showcase at her Singers and Musicians Conference that she holds annually, swap vocals and proclaim the promises of GOD. Great song.

"Work To Do" from years ago (Clark Sisters Miracle album 1994) is a musician's treat! This uptempo song encourages the people of GOD to get on their posts! Time is winding up and when night comes no man can work! Get it together yall...gotta little more time to help somebody! Next is the INSPIRING "For The Rest of My Life" which speaks prophetically into the heart and soul proclaiming that our lives are going to get better and for the rest of our lives, we're going to have the best days of our lives! I receive that DORINDA!

"Say Yes" is a song that reminds us to stay faithful and just wait on GOD for He will make a way. If you know He's going to make a way, SAY YES! DORINDA's greatest vocal performance perhaps is on the next song "I've Got a Reason"! She is in rare form as she gives reasons upon reasons why she was created to praise GOD! DORINDA is a vocal beast on this song as she shreds each and every note riff and run! "He opened my mouth and now I can ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-talk." NOBODY BUT DORINDA! This is a must hear! "Worked Out For My Good" follows as yet another churchy track from DORINDA! Everything that the enemy meant for bad, GOD turned it around and made it work for your good! DORINDA pours her all into this song! The final song on the cd is "I'm Out and Over" which is considered the sequel to the popular "I'm Coming Out" from DORINDA's debut. This song is rockish! Just take a listen and I'm sure you will be pleased!

One thing that sets this cd apart from others is the featured spoken word track on which DORINDA reads the word of GOD (select passages of scripture) over original scores of music. A nice touch and uplifting...thy word have I hidden in my heart! Thank you DORINDA!

Overall, this is THE cd of 2005! VOCALS, MUSIC, INSTRUMENTATION, and EVERYTHING is EXCELLENCE! DORINDA wrote more than half of the songs on the cd and her writing skills are superb. You should definitely check this cd out! DORINDA has taken her ministry to another level and it's definitely her season! Looking forward to that DVD! GOD bless you MUCH EVANGELIST DR. DORINDA CLARK-COLE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, November 9, 2005
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
My introduction to Dorinda's music came about after viewing Dr.Bobby Jones' Gospel on Black Entertainment Television (BET) and I was flabbergasted by her beautiful voice; consequently, I decided to purchase, without any regrets, her latest CD "The Rose of Gospel." This CD, I feel as though, is a Devine Intervention from God because every song coincides with my present life's ordeals. This CD has uplifted my spirit, motivated and inspired me to pursue my dreams, but most of all it has helped me learn how to cope with situations in life in a more Christ like manner.

I strongly recommend this CD because it will change your outlook on life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love for Gospel Music, December 10, 2005
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
I have to say that i love this album and its one of the best I have heard in a while; My favorite song has to be "So many times"

It is truly a testimony that most christians share about the daily walk and relationship that one establishes with God the father and Jesus the Son. I just hope she has continued success and God bless her and her family

4.0 out of 5 stars Singing With Conviction and Authority, February 6, 2006
k.e.v. (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
Oustanding! Historically known as "the skinny, jazzy one" of the renown Clark Sisters, Dorinda's sophomore album is a wonderful follow up to her self-titled debut effort. Dorinda ministers through her music like no other singer does and she sings her heart out with pure conviction. She just makes you feel like you're in church on Sunday morning (the 1st Sunday). Somebody say "Amen."

For those of you that couldn't adapt to younger sister Karen's experimentation with so called "non-traditional" gospel, Dorinda gives you what you want with "So Many Times" and "Worked Out For My Good." Many fans have identified "I've Got A Reason" as a favorite and I like that one as well. It's arranged extremely well. However, other heavy hitters are: "Everything He Promised," - a beautiful, inspiring duet that just makes you feel good and encourages you to keep pressing on despite disappointments and hard times. Currently, my personal favorite is, "Nobody But God." Whew, Dorinda is really singing her face off on this one - some of you are sleeping on this one but it immediately stood out when I first listened to the CD. Pure conviction and authority. "I've Got A Reason" is good but this one really takes me there.

Overall - this is a good CD and I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Rose!!!!!!!!!, August 30, 2005
J Harris "Jerry" (Capitol Heights, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
First off this woman is so beautiful. She physically embodies the true meaning of what a rose is. The band on this project is worth the money alone, not to mention dorinda's jazzy vocals over smooth and polished background vocalists. Every song is wonderfully arranged, and so annointed. I love every aspect of this project from the singing,preaching, and can't forget that awesome music. I often times find myself repeating the songs for my listening plesure. Go Alex "Asaph" Ward you did it again. My favorite picks from this album are ALL OF THEM!!!!!. If you love great music that is sprit-filled and singing that will make you simply say "WOW", then this is definitely one to add to your collection. Trust me when I say that this project has blossomed beautifully!!!!!!!. PHENOMENAL!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We're Out & Over, September 3, 2005
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
If you're looking for a carbon copy of Dorinda Clark-Cole's debut album, then you'll be disappointed. However, if you're looking to hear Dorinda take her ministry to the next level, it is IMPERATIVE that you purchase this CD. Clark-Cole takes her ministry to brand new heights with this project with an intricate culmination of songs that stir your soul and songs that no person with a pulse could resist dancing to. Filled with rousing praise and worship songs such as "Great is the Lord" and "So Many Times" while being balanced by songs that minister to the spirit such as "I've Got A Reason" and "Everything He Promised". Don't allow the tracklisting fool you! Clark-Cole has packed so much into the thirteen tracks on this album! You will not be disappointed with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Dorinda.......Live Again, September 2, 2005
Jr Green (Oxon Hill, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel (Audio CD)
Man I have been waiting on this album for a long time and today I brought it man she held it down for real. I mean she really kept it real again on her second project and it is worth every dime. My favs are Work To Do, Say Yes,For The Rest Of My Life and Great is The Lord. Then there is the inside man for being 41 dorinda looks good lol the pictures are very nice. Now Im waiting on Karens and the Clark Sisters reunion albums Im 25 years old and I felt anointed after listening to the cd she has something for everyone on this album GO GET IT

Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel
Live from Houston: The Rose of Gospel by Dorinda Clark-Cole (Audio CD - 2005)