VINE VOICEon February 18, 2006
Have sure missed seeing these Japanese metal veterans. Only time I ever did see them play live was, when they were support act for Motley Crue's 'Theater Of Pain' tour. Anyone else remember that? Also seem to recall another live release from them I had on cassette, just can't seem to find it at the moment. Anyway, if you ever even happen to have just one or two of their vinyl lp's, CD's or tapes, you will more than likely be glad to get 'Live-Loud-Alive...'. This CD like totally S-M-O-K-E-S!! Tracks that I found to be superior were "Road Racer", "Black Wall", the band's namesake "Loudness", the rocking "Sleepless Nights" and "Burning Love". Should appeal to fans of Bow Wow, Ratt, Kix, EZO, Fastway and AC/DC (specially Bon Scott-era material). An absolute must-have.
on March 25, 2006
well, if all goes well, in a little over 24 hours from now I will once again be seeing this great lineup perform live! It's been quite a while since I've been this psyched about a rock concert but these guys are the real deal! I saw them many moons ago and I couldn't be happier that they decided to tour again. This is a great live album by probably the greatest Japanese rock band ever.

I can only imagine how much bigger they might have been if they had gotten their English down as well as say, the Scorpions did. Half the time I have no idea what the singer is singing about but the music is so good that it does not matter.

Standout songs for me are ROAD RACER, LOUDNESS, SLEEPLESS NIGHTS and the great TUSK OF JAGUAR. Akira Takasaki is an ace guitarist with some great riffs and smokin' leads. I purchased this on vinyl when it came out and still have it. I have been a Loudness fan from way back and this lineup is my favorite. They have the chemistry that Deep Purple MKII had.

Those of you who need to hear all your lyrics in English might not get into this but from a music standpoint this CD is a must-have Loudness release. LIVE-LOUD-ALIVE indeed!

[...]
on September 15, 2005
If you're a fan of Loudness, this album is a must for you. If you like "Law of Devil's land", you won't be sorry since many songs of this album are present on this live version.

Exploder - Akira Takasaki's response to Van Halen's "Eruption"-

is played even faster (and as well)on this than on "Disillusion".

The recording is pretty good and the selection of songs is showing a large variety of styles.

Loudness is not doubt one of the finest Heavy Metal band ever. This live album is giving them credit for it and their fans can - once again - enjoy another living proof of that fact.
on June 10, 2005
Luckily for me, I lived in Germany back in the 80's and had access to all the early Loudness records that were released by Roadrunner in that country. This is a decent place to start if you want to find out what the big hubbub was all about with Loudness.

The LP is a gatefold, so you can do cleaning on it, if you know what I mean. The photos are great. Loudness had the whole "wall of Marshall stacks" stage setup going on. The live versions are very comparable to the studio versions. There's even the title track from Akira Takasaki's solo album on here, "Tusk of Jaguar."

"Roadracer" is great, it's kind of a galloping, poppy rocking song in the vein of "Barracuda" by Heart. One of the funniest/coolest things about this album is the between-song banter from Minoru Nihaara, the singer. He'll ask questions in Japanese (of course, it's in Tokyo!) and then throw out a few English phrases in broken/rough English, ("Are you ready?") and then roll out a Japanese phrase and then you hear him say the name of the song ("Animanalushi shigon sowan...I Was the...Suuuunnn!"). Speaking of "I Was The Sun" - it's a pretty killer tune as well. Kinda slow and grungy with a just out of control guitar solo. Think of Frampton's "I'll give you money" with J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. doing his solo from "Thumb" in the middle - brilliant.

Anyway, Loudness isn't for everybody, but I always do like digging this LP out of my collection and rocking out.
on July 4, 2012
Let me 1st say I am not a LOUDNESS Maniac, I only vaguely recalled them from their release THUNDER IN THE EAST, but I ran across this release on Amazon and became very curious about it, as I'm a big fan of Double-Live Albums. After months of debating & waiting I finally found a NEW Copy of the COLUMBIA Hi-Quality Double CD version for under $45.00 and pulled the trigger. Let me just say it was well worth the wait and the money. At 47 my Wild days are mostly behind me but this Album is pure adrenaline, I found myself doing 124 in my Camaro as I listened to the Track Sleepless Night on disc 2, and I wasn't even on the Interstate! This album compares to and even surpasses classic Double-Live releases like LIVE Without A Net, Double LIVE Gonzo, ALIVE, Strangers In The Night, One Night At Budokan, Priest LIVE, LIVE And Dangerous, World Wide LIVE, Yngwie Malmsteen LIVE!! and others! The technical level of musicianship on this release is nearly uncomprehendable, the band quite simply is on fire and so are the famously excitable Japaneese audience. The singer is also fantastic although the vocals are down in the mix occasionally, but Hey, its LIVE! Also of note is the fact that the majority of the singing is in Japaneese which may discourage some people, however I found it very cool! So if you are a fan of Hi-Speed Melodic Metal Music I cannot recommend this release highly enough, if you dont find your heart pumping out of your chest upon listening to this you may as well head on over to the morgue! A TRUE Underground Classic! The Holy Grail of LIVE METAL Albums!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2007
Nihongo wa wakarimasen? If you THINK you don't understand Japanese culture, just listen to this & you'll be convinced that perhaps the gulf between us is not quite so great as we had thought.

I had the pleasure of seeing these guys quite a few times in San Francisco back in the 80s and they were absolutely amazing. In fact, my friends and I were so blown away by them the first night, that we went back to see them just days later at another night club--and everytime they returned to California after that.

Still, when I listen to these guys, I think to myself "how the hell did they know to do THAT there in THAT way? THAT particular vocal touch THERE? THAT particular chord right THEN?" These guys were amazing live and this album does their live shows justice. After all these years, they still sound great, and in many ways--and quite ironically--they are THE epitome of American-style 80s hardrock.