Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Live at the Playboy Mansion
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 17, 2008
As a whole I like this 2 cd mix. It was much better than the former 'Western Dreams'(original Bob S'songs), This a compilation of mainly late 70's and early 80's dance artists. There's an interesting selection of tracks, most of them very pleasing to listen to,very stylish indeed. The BIG FLAW is that there are 3 tracks in cd 1 that are way far of being stylish, they are rather annoying and sooo cheap. (That's my taste!) Those tracks are; 'Church Lady", "Beautiful People" and "Midnight Train", What a waste of time in this mix. Horrendous tracks that just make you skip the to the next one, fortunately most of the tracks are sooo good. The mixing as you can expect from one of the best DJ in the world is just exellent . The opening in cd 1 with "From East to West" by Voyage is so nice and the first transition into the second Voyage track is just flawless. I have another complaint, it is about one of the finest dance tracks ever; "Dancer" by Gino Soccio. It was played in this mix a little bit on the high pitch side, it sounds kind of weird cause it loses its lusciousness and that's a pity! Tiny flaws in the track transition at the last two songs, but the songs themselves make you overlook these so tiny flaws (if so).
Cd 2 is for me a little better than cd 1, Track selection and mixing are to die for, only the last tracks are more into 80's style, which I don't dislike, but this track time could have been used to include those rarities that only Bob Sinclar can offer in their mixes. Hopefully he will release soon a compilation with all those oh-so-glamorous-gems of the underground, so sofisticated discotheque music.\
Give this cd set a try, if you are into great dance retro music mixed and selected by a little mixing genious like Bob S, go and get it now.
Hey, and please, listen to "Cerrone" by Bob Sinclar!. That's his finest.
on February 6, 2008
I was hopeful for a trip down memory lane. Disc 2 certainly delivered that for me. Nice to hear Comateens. Thanks Bob
Disc1 How many times do DJ's have to put Barbara Tucker on compilations YAWN. So many others out there to choose from be a little more daring next time, a fan. "Get off my case right Bob"?
on January 25, 2008
how could any fan of bob sinclar not love this compilation? the setlist is terrific, featuring thirty-eight uplifting, tuneful disco/discohouse selections. i had hoped there would be a third disc (per defected's "in the house" series), but this set is, otherwise, great as is.
on March 31, 2008
I love disco and have a very large collection, but I wanted a mixed collection. This was a perfect choice. I like how the songs are mixed together and I like most of the songs. The First disc starts out good but loses me during track 12 through 15. I love the Don Ray song. A little tried of Dancer (Even though it's a great song.) Space and Grace Jones make a nice ending. Disc 2 is perfection from start to finish. I also recommend anything by Ben Liebrand.