5.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food Adventure & So Much More
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:16 Mins
Published 15 months ago by Sandy M; Focus Reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars I admire Mimi Kirk, but this wasn't the book I was looking for
I purchased three books at the same time, and was hoping for easily accessible ingredients I can have around every day, and food that appeal to my palate. This wasn't it. There seemed to be far more talk about the destinations and the types of foods in the different areas she visited, but it wasn't the kind of book I was looking for.
Published 10 months ago by J. Oshansky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food Adventure & So Much More, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Live Raw Around the World: International Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty (Paperback)
Length:: 1:16 Mins

In Live Raw Around the World, Mimi Kirk provides the ingredients for a healthy lifestyle in addition to ingredients for mouth-watering raw dishes. This is not a fad book on raw food nor is it about how you can lose x pounds in y weeks--Mimi instead offers lasting advice on living a long, satisfying life. This book blends insights on different culture's foods, inspirational advice, and life philosophy. Not only is the verbal content fascinating, but the interior design and photography is especially vibrant (check out my video to get a better idea).

If you are a seasoned raw vegan or dabbling in the realm of health-conscious eating like myself, you will not regret checking this book out.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELISH, August 27, 2013
I received my copy of Live RAW Around the World two weeks ago.
It was EXACTLY what I needed to open my possibilities.
I've made the cashew cream --- DELISH

Some of the recipes call for a dehydrator.
I don't have a dehydrator - but, I do have an oven that goes very low - and my toaster oven has a low/warm setting also.
So far, SO GOOD!

The pictures and Mimi's experiences are worth the price of this book ~
Can't wait to get some cooking time this upcoming long weekend.

THANK YOU Mimi for your dedication to our health.

♥T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, August 9, 2013
This book is wonderful. Such gourmet but easy recipes. So many things that appeal to my tastes. Usually I only use a few recipes from any given recipe book but I want to try all these!! And Mimi is such an inspiration as well as a genuinely awesome chef. And even though I've been raw for ages I have learnt some great tips from Mimi such as an easy fast way to prepare wild rice. Better than all other methods I've tried. Oh and the german pancakes!??? YUM. I'm just about to make some more. I have many raw food books and this is now my favourite. I would recommend it to anyone starting out or already familiar with raw. Thank you Mimi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love in Every Page, September 19, 2013
Mimi is beautiful, inside and out. I love that she shares her travel experiences and how she is influenced by different cultures in the preparation of her meals. The pictures in the book are beautiful, and the words she shares are so inspiring to me. I first purchased her original book, "Live Raw, Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty", and enjoyed it so much,I purchased this book for myself and for a friend, who was also thrilled with the book. I don't always eat healthy, and am not a raw vegan, but there are so many recipes that nudge and encourage me to implement more healthy and raw foods into my diet. Thank you, Mimi, for taking the time to inspire others, and to do so with the love that is felt in every page of your beautiful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Books is Full of Rawsome Experiences, August 27, 2013
I love reading through this book and following Mimi Kirk on her rawsome adventures of dining around the world. It is a total treat to go along for the ride with her through different countries and culinary landscapes. I have been a raw foodie for a few years, but definitely learned some new amazing techniques in this book. I will continue to treasure it and dive into it for new ideas when I get into a raw food rut! Thanks Mimi!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this World, September 18, 2013
Love Mimi's awesome cookbooks! I highly recommend buying both awe-inspiring books! The kale tabouleh salad is so delicious and easy to create! The blackberry cheesecake with the maple cream topping is to live for!!! I have never used capers before I bought her books. I so love them in the ratatouille recipe. The photos in both books are magnificent!
I cherish her beautiful necklaces that she sent with the cookbooks!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, August 14, 2013
The photography is fantastic.
The recipes offer great ideas.
The only issue I have is that I don't have time to make this a full time job.
I am a very busy person and got frustrated that there are so many ingredients,
some are very hard to find. If time is not an issue for you, i'm sure you will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life, August 29, 2013
I love the recipes, they are far more tasty than one who has never prepared raw food before would expect. I feel so much better eating raw and it is because of THIS book and Mimi's first book as well. Mimi's words of wisdom are inspiring. Since reading her suggestions, I have joined some raw food meet ups and pot lucks as well as other meetups of those of my interests. My life is eternally changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Raw,everyone should own a copy!, August 28, 2013
I have purchased four LIVE RAW books, two for friends, one for my daughter and one for myself. I am not a Vegen, but I do have some health issues. I have found that LIVE RAW, has given me alternatives to many of the foods that I eat and that were not really good for my health issues!

I do believe, it is not a naturopathic book, but a guide and a great reference book for a change of life style, a volume that will enhance your life style!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worldly tasty informative infectious...must read for health fanatics, September 17, 2013
The book positivity plus! Pouring with upbeat attitude. It's very infectious.
Mimi is an accredited cook, so it's important to her to associate food with emotions, pleasure and family. Also presentation of food, which is all great.
It's very informative about vitamins and health and the environment. Also lots of information on the raw vegan diet curing a lot of diseases related to older age and weight issues.
The book is best for giving a beginner, the simple tools needed to begin being raw vegan, eg food dehydrator and juicers.
Most important the meals are just delicious and not at all time consuming....you're not cooking!!!
It emphasizes that you are more satisfied after a raw vegan meal than cooked.
And how much better you feel in general.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›