Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 22, 2001
I am not a very technical oriented person but this books talks to you in plain english not "techie" like most books do. It also doen't assume you know everything so it starts off at the beginnig basics of sound and it builds from there to more complex ideas and concepts. If you have never run live sound or run sound at chuch or for a band this is the book for you. You will not be disappointed.
on September 30, 1997
This is an excellent overview of the wide range of sound reinforcement concepts and technology. Everything is explained with clear language and diagrams that are accessible to non-specialists. Yet, the material is covered in impressive depth.
Highly recommended for anyone wanting to learn more about this fascinating subject.
on December 23, 2014
If you love audio "theory", you'll love this book. The author goes to great lengths explaining the "whys" and not just the "hows". The book is far more technical than I thought - which is fantastic! May be over your head if you're just looking for the quick "how-to". If you are the type of person that love's to understand how something works and not just how to make it work, you'll love this book. Some of the hardware mentioned in the book may be outdated, but the theory is still sound (no pun intended).
on February 6, 2015
Live Sound Reinforcement is a must have resource. Used with your experience and additional resources, Live Sound Reinforcement will help you gain a better understanding of live sound concepts and applications. I often refer back to these pages to answer questions or to explain concepts.
on May 4, 2007
I received a copy of this book when I was preparing the curriculum for a college course I taught as an adjunct professor for two years. I believe it gave my students not only a good classroom study book, but also a useful reference book for the "real-world" after graduation! Scott Stark gives great rule-of-thumb knowledge, as well as deeper technical fundamentals behind the knob turning and fader moving decisions that every sound engineer will face at the helm of a live sound reinforcement system, no matter whether for 100 or 100,000 listeners!
on March 8, 2013
I like the way this author explains the basic concepts of sound reinforcement. This was VERY helpful and, as it turns out, essential to my understanding of some pretty expensive equipment that I decided to invest in.

I had no formal training in this subject matter and I'm very impatient. I needed a very explanatory reference and this was it.
on March 14, 2007
I've used this book myself and have been referred to it by the best sound guys around. Great for beginners wanting to get a handle on how a sound system works from power amps, pre-amps, microphone differences to why feedback happens and how to stop it, and lots of other practical advice on how to mix live sound. Good for more advanced sound people who want to advance their skills.
on January 21, 2013
Very good reference with extensive explanations of all aspects of sound reinforcement. From the fundamentals of audio to the exotics of digital signal processing, this book has it all and continues to be updated.
on August 30, 2005
This book is exactly what I was looking for when I was trying to improve my knowledge of sound reinforcement. This edition is the hardcover textbook and so it is a little more than the paperback but what really makes it worth the asking price is the bonus DVD. I really endorse this book for anyone needing to expand their knowledge of sound reinforcement.
on May 9, 2007
This book is fantastic! The author has an incredible ability to explain complex phenomenon in a concise manner that is easy to understand. I learned a great deal from this book.