Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Live at Austin City Limits
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 21, 2012
I was lucky to attend this concert in person and, after watching the show, I would say that this DVD captures the electricity of that night at ACL Live at the Moody Theater.

It's a near-perfect set list for any Steve Miller Band fan starting with Jet Airliner, ending with Rock'N Me, and filled with the hits throughout.

The performances are excellent as you would expect from such a seasoned touring band. The Austin City Limits cameras do a great job of bringing you into the action with multiple camera angles and deft editing.

The "extras" - including behind-the-scenes footage and a full interview with Steve Miller are cool as well.

Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2012
Hi Folks,

before you say NOT helpful because I'm not rating this 5 stars ... here is my reason. I am a huge Steve Miller fan, and I do love the show. From editing to the filming and performance all would be 5 stars. My problem is that this DVD is one of the worst I've seen since the early days of Platinum Entertainment with their pixelated messes. This isn't close to broadcast quality and goodness even decades old Austin City Limits DVDs look great... this isn't crisp, well saturated or anything close to a broadcast quality and its just too bad because the concert is a lot of fun ...it just looks second rate. Its frustrating and looks like pushed film or poor lighting but its so odd because although its a new venue for Austin City Limits...they are first class...so I assume this comes down to poor DVD authoring and decisions made to cut corners at that end. I did check and it is a very LOW Bitrate...

I'm still glad they made it , I'm glad I have it ...but am confused by the low res production.

UPDATE: I downloaded an HD version on iTunes that looks terrific, why this DVD is so poor is still a mystery and I wish they'd release on Blu Ray...it's a terrific show.
on November 23, 2012
So Glad...I bought this DVD !
I attended the (Austin, Tx) Moody Theather Live version of Steve's 1st visit to perform & tape an Austin City Limits segment. This DVD does not disappoint. This was one of the best shows (band was tight) and sound acoustics I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

Play this at your next party and watch the fun begin. As they do in Austin - Come early, Be Loud, and Stay Late. I have enjoyed reliving this amazing concert...and the best thing about this former Texan, Steve Miller, is he gives back to the community by raising over $500,000 for Kids Rock Free, a "free" music school in Corona, Ca.

To see a video preview as it aired, visit PBS website - Austin City Limits Program in Oct 2011

DVD Play List:

Behind the Scences
Interview With Steve Miller
Photo Gallery
on December 17, 2012
This DVD will rock your socks off. I always thought the broadcast version last year on PBS short changed the fans. Okay this makes up for it. Thanks.
on April 19, 2013
This concert by Steve Miller Band is another great example of the fabulous concerts in the Austin City Limits series.
Steve and his band are in top form and obviously enjoy themselves immensely. The set list contains 20 songs including all the big hits. Nobody should be disappointed with the set list. The show is filmed in The Moody Theater which is the new venue for Austin City Limits. A great concert and highly recommended.
on December 7, 2012
I have seen the Steve Miller Band twice in the last five years. They have never disappointed me. This concert audio is very good. The video falls a little short of what I have become accustomed to by watching HD tv. Even so, I would highly recommend this to any Steve Miller fan.
on April 5, 2013
The picture quality is very good. The sound is very good with solid sound seperation and placment. The set list could'nt really be much better. It has a nice balance of his biggest hits of the 70's era. The performance is dead on and solid. I feel any fan of Steve Miller will be pleased with this DVD. However if you have the live in Chicago DVD you might not need this one as the set list are very close and you already have a great show in that one.
on December 22, 2015
Steve Miller is still great! I'll give this 5 stars for video quality, content, and sound. What I really loved about this is the rendition of 'Fly Like an Eagle', I would buy this just for that song alone!
on April 23, 2015
UNIQUE CONCERT AS IT WAS FILMED ON LOCATION AND HAD A WHOLE NEW SOUND AND QUAILTY TO PREVIOUS CONCERTS !!! AS SOME BAND MEMBERS HAD DIED AND CHANGED SO HAD THE BANDS SOUND... BUT ALL AROUND IT WAS A SHOW OF FUN AND ENJOYMENT.... ALL THE GREAT SONGS WE REMEMBER... ALSO A GREAT INTERVIEW WITH STEVE MILLER AND HIS LIFES DREAMS AND LIFE TODAY !! FUN TO WATCH AND SEE HIS GUITARS AND TAPE SHOP AT HOME !!! SO COOL !!!
on February 10, 2015
I been a fan of The Steve Miller all the way back to 1969 and I was hippie living a crazy fun life. Steve Miller Band live here in Austin, Texas takes me back that time I was free to fly like and the joker was in me. Jet air liner was always a trip. Just a great sound here and the music still has magic to took me home to my youth now gone, but music plays on.