Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 24, 2008
1992. Iron Maiden went on tour support of "Fear of the Dark". In August, they played at Donington Castle in support of the annual "Monsters of Rock" festival. They played late and put on a very good and solid performance!!!!!

I can't understand why people hate this album? Yes the production isn't that good, yes 'Arry's bass dominates the album, but this is very good and a live performance. I will now go over the details of the album!

FEAR OF THE DARK (1992):
SONGS: Be Quick or Be Dead, From Here to Eternity, Wasting Love, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Fear of the Dark
COMMENTS:As soon as Be Quick starts, you're in for an explosive ride. FHTE is a great sounding song live, especially when Brucey gets the crowd involved

NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING (1989):
SONGS: Tailgunner, Bring Your Daughter... To the Slaughter
COMMENTS: Tailgunner sounds awesome, and while I really hate BYDTTS, it sounds amazing live.

SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON (1988):
SONGS: Can I Play With Madness?, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant
COMMENTS: They all sound amazing live. TETMDM is longer, but that's because of Bruce's speech before AFTSS.

SOMEWHERE IN TIME (1986):
SONGS: (none included)

POWERSLAVE (1984):
SONGS: 2 Minutes to Midnight
COMMENTS: Whoa, talk about amazing! The way the crowd gets involved is especially great.

PIECE OF MIND (1983):
SONGS: The Trooper
COMMENTS: The Trooper, in its usual amazing live form. This song may be over played, but it still rocks live!!!!

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (1982):
SONGS: Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name
COMMENTS: Awesome sounding. HBTN, my favorite Maiden song, has awesome finish by Janick Gers.

KILLERS (1981):
SONGS: Wrathchild
COMMENTS: Awesome song live, but 'Arry's bass sounds like an acoustic guitar on this one...

IRON MAIDEN (1981):
SONGS: Sanctuary, Running Free, Iron Maiden
COMMENTS: I love how Bruce shouts to every person in the back on Iron Maiden! Sanctuary is pretty cool live. And Adrian joins the band on Running Free. Cool!

OVERALL: This is an amazing live album. Way better than "A Real Live Dead One"! And I can't get how people hate this, yeah I know it's in the FOTD era, but they still freekin' rock!

And I'm seeing them on June 6th at Rexall Place here in Edmonton Canada. w00t, can't wait, it's gonna be an incredible Up The Irons experience!
on May 20, 2006
From the moment you hear this album, it flat out rocks! THe raw energy of Iron Maiden is still there, even if they had a depressing last two albums. (Which are actually some of their best albums. Maiden never had a low point.) The exitement of this live performance makes you feel like you're actually in the crowd that night. Not only that, but the song list is everything i've wished for, (but not better than the set list in A Real Dead One. You can't beat that.) But overall this is a solid live album, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

UP THE IRONS!
on November 27, 2015
About the purchase, excellent price, delivery time, and the conditions of the product. This CD is awesome and for me is one of best of Iron Maiden showing as always that they rule, for those who like good heavy metal it's amazing. Check the site to find more CD's related with them.
on August 3, 2015
Just got it today-8/3/2015!! I love it!! Awesome!! Fantastic!! Amazon is like a Xmas Wonderland!! I will be doing all of my shopping here!! Great music store!! Great!! Amazon has everything you could ever imagine or want!! :o)
on June 14, 2011
So here is my humble opinion for whatever it's worth (I believe the going rate is 3 crayons and a carton of strawberry milk). Anyway Like the title says this isn't quite live after death but it certainly is not as bad as death on the road (to me their weakest live album). While Steve, Adrian, Dave, and Nicko sound great for the most part Bruce was missing the mark a few times. don't get me wrong some moments there he shines (be quick or be dead and wrathchild for instance). Overall not a terrible performance but not thier best. If your a casual fan I'd say skip it, but if your like me a die hard maiden fan then I'd buy it (if for no other reason just to add to the collection of other maiden memorabilia you have)
on August 20, 2008
From the moment I put it in the cd player untill the time I pulled the 2nd cd from, it rocked and it rocked HARD! Excellent sound quality,song lineup and the same amazing Iron Maiden energy! What more can I say? A must for the Maiden fan!
on October 1, 2006
You got to have this if you're a real Maiden fan. It's a great live production with the main hits and some others like Heaven Can Wait etc. Of course, it can't compare with Live After Death..but then again what can?
on December 5, 2009
not their best live album, but being it's maiden live it's great. very good document from the FEAR OF THE DARK TOUR.
on September 18, 2012
And this one at Castle Donington (now the Download Festival) included the old original singer Paul DiAnno before Bruce Dickenson was discovered if I am not mistaking. But it can't outdo that Live After Death tour because it was recorded before that. I've seen this go for as much as $40.00 or more in the stores because of it's classic quality. This was before Jamick Gers joined the band. The liner notes in the double LP set said that the sound was so loud at 50,000 watts of power that it was louder than a 747 Jet airplane in the Reunion Arena in Dalls Texas where I attended it at in 1982 or '83. My ears were ringing for at least 4 days after that. I absolutely dug it when the backdrop split apart and a giant Eddie statue came up behind drummer Nicko McBrain on rollers and sparks started shooting from his eyes and I believe there were lightning bolts in his eye sockets also. They have not done that since that I am aware of. That was a one off deal.
on February 18, 2008
Good mix of their music, good sound quality for a live album, good buy for the price