Take the stress out of tests and meetings with an Echo™ smartpen from Livescribe. Record everything you hear, say and write, while linking your audio recordings to your notes. Quickly replay audio from your Livescribe paper, a computer, or a mobile device – all with a simple tap on your handwritten notes. It's never been easier to take notes and stay organized.
For a limited time only, anyone that purchases and registers a Livescribe smartpen will receive a free one-year subscription to Evernote® Premium! Get access to more online storage to easily organize and play back all your Livescribe pencasts on the go.
*Redemption code delivered upon smartpen registration. Offer valid through 4/30/2012.
A pencast is a digital version of your notes
and audio. Pencasts allow you to hear and see your notes exactly as they were captured.
It's never been easier to share notes and audio.
Record and Play Back
Smartpens record everything you write and hear so you’ll never miss a word. Replay your meetings or lectures simply by tapping on your notes¹.
Save, Search and Organize
Livescribe™ Desktop saves your notes and recordings to your computer for fast, easy access to what’s important. Search for words within your notes and find what you need fast.
Send and Share with Livescribe Connect
Easily send notes and audio to people and destinations such as Email², Google Docs™², Facebook, Evernote®, Microsoft® OneNote, Google Sites™², MyLivescribe, your mobile device or your computer³ — all from your paper or Livescribe Desktop!
2GB of Memory: Room for Recordings and Notes
When digitizing your notes and audio you'll need storage space; with 2GB of memory, your smartpen has it. A 2GB smartpen can hold over 200 hours of audio* or 32,000 pages of notes.
Included Smartpen Applications
Your Echo smartpen comes loaded with applications ready to work right out of the box:
- Livescribe Connect Basic: Easily send and share notes and audio to Evernote®, Facebook, Microsoft® OneNote, MyLivescribe, your mobile device or your computer
- Quick Record: record audio without using dot paper with just a press of a button
- Quick Calc: Write an addition, subtraction, multiplication or division problem on dot paper and get the answer on your smartpen screen
- Launch Line: launch your favorite app by writing it's name
- Password: protect your recorded paper replay sessions with a 4-digit number
- System Utilities: multiple language support, time, date, storage info, and battery charge
Livescribe Dot Paper
Livescribe dot paper uses regular paper printed with a unique pattern of tiny microdots. This tiny pattern works a lot like a GPS system for your smartpen. It allows a smartpen to capture everything it writes or draws on dot paper.
Livescribe smartpens only work with Livescribe Dot Paper, so we've created a variety of dot paper sizes and types: College-ruled Notebooks, Lined Journals, Blank Journals, Mini Journals, A5-sized Notebooks, Grid Notebooks, Flip Notepads, and Sticky Notes. You can even print your own dot paper for free from within Livescribe Desktop on many printers.
What You Get in the Box
- Echo smartpen with 2GB of memory and included applications
- Livescribe Connect Basic: Facebook, Evernote, MyLivescribe, your mobile device, and your computer
– an upgrade pack for Email and Google Docs is available separately
- Livescribe Desktop software for Mac or Windows (download)
- 500 MB of personal online storage
- Starter dot paper
- Micro USB Cable
- Interactive Getting Started Guide
- Smartpen Tips and Tricks
- 1 Smartpen cap
What You Need: System Requirements
- Windows XP® 32-bit SP2 or higher, or Windows® Vista 32 or 64-bit, or Windows® 7
- Intel Mac with Mac OS X® 10.5.5 or higher
- 600MHz CPU or higher
- 300 MB minimum free disk space
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Livescribe Desktop 2.7 for WIndows or Mac OS
- Smartpen firmware version 2.7 or later
- Internet connection
*Actual recording time varies by audio quality setting.
¹ Livescribe paper required – don't record without permission
² These connectors are available only with Livescribe Connect Premium
³ Mobile device access requires Pencast Player App or Flash®—enabled web browser