Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 2, 2012
Mr. Cymone,

If you're anything like me (I'm an author with books Amazon.com), you check these reviews every so often. I've been waiting for your music for over 10 years. I was a fan in high school ('84) and remain one today. The songs, instrumentation and production make this and your other albums classic "R&B New Wave" music. I was playing "Lovedog" a few minutes ago and my 8 year old daughter came and and just started dancing and loving every minute. You have a new fan. Andre Cymone- Great artist. Great musician. Thank you again!
on March 14, 2012
This release is very different; loved it then,love it now. Andre' Cymone came out in a time. Music was changing. So what the singles; aren't with it. I'm not into singles. Being a bass player,conga player. The longer the cut; the better. This release; startec a musical revolt. R and B; can't stand. Get this release; as anything by Andre'; is hard to find. I recommand this NuWave Funk release.
on February 27, 2012
Andre Cymone's first solo album is probably my favorite of his 3 albums, and if you're reading this, you probably know about the songs, and probably don't care that "Kelly's Eyes," is my favorite song off this release. As a huge Prince fan, I always bought everything I could from related artists. This is not on the level of "1999," or any other Prince albums, but it is still a nice work from Prince's former bass player. This had never been on cd before, and it sounds very good for a 30 year old recording. The bonus tracks that Amazon has incorrectly listed, are not here. Why? The company behind the remastering simply forgot to include them. An honest mistake, but a really bad one. They probably won't correct it, so if you like Andre's 3 solo albums, go ahead and buy it. They didn't make too many of these, and when they're gone, expect the price to go up. The previous reviewer rated the album poorly because of the bonus tracks being left off, and as much as I understand, it is not gonna change, but it is still a nice album, and a way to get a long out of print album on cd. Besides, the other mixes of the songs are nice, but not a deal breaker.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
Classic R&B from the 80's one of Prince's bros and he just walks that line of funk/R&B all the way! I love the production and the vocal power from Andre Cymone. It's that MNPLS sound!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
I really enjoyed this album, it brought back fond memories of the 80's, and reminds me how much real music is missed!
on February 26, 2012
Disappointed is putting it mildly. I was pleased to finally receive this out of print,groundbreaking album/cd. However,it was not as advertised, i.e. (EXPANDED VERSION). The price is too much for the original version minus the bonus cuts. I treasure adding this to my collection but at least a partial refund is in order. Sell what you advertise!!!