5.0 out of 5 stars Francis Chan's Companion for Living Crazy Love
I remember reading my first paragraph of Chan's several years ago. I was hesitant because I already "had" my favorite Christian authors who wrote about God and our relationship with Him. What a tragedy it would have been had I not picked up Crazy Love!

Published on September 13, 2011 by Caleb Breakey

I lead a small group at our church and we used this book to conduct a group study. It was a very intriguing study that was extremely challenging. I really enjoyed Francis Chan's treatment of a difficult subject - realizing how much God loves us and the response that should elicit from us as Christians.

Even though the book itself was great for use in a group...
Published on January 1, 2013 by Lauren Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Francis Chan's Companion for Living Crazy Love, September 13, 2011

Along with Chan's excellent videos--i.e. "Just Stop and Think"--Crazy Love continues to help the church live the love that Jesus taught. And now Chan has taken it a step further by writing this workbook, which is "meant to help you think through God's intense, relentless love and how that love should transform every aspect of your being."

Living Crazy Love: An Interactive Workbook for Individual or Small-Group Study uses an inviting format that works hand-in-hand with Crazy Love the book and the Crazy Love DVD Study Resource. While Chan notes that you can learn a lot just from the workbook, he also writes: "Ideally, you will read the relevant chapter from Crazy Love, then go through the corresponding session in the workbook, watching the appropriate video from the DVD when prompted."

The workbook includes helpful sections on:

* USING THE WORKBOOK ON YOUR OWN
* USING THE WORKBOOK IN A SMALL GROUP
* USING THE WORKBOOK FOR A WEEKEND RETREAT

Other helps within these sections range from being a discussion leader to setting up an effective small group meeting area.

The workbook chapters mirror Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God exactly, which is a tremendous help. Also, the start of each chapter features a paragraph dedicated to how you or your small group can best dive into the section (i.e. watch this video; read this chapter).

Here is a bare-bones summary of each chapter covered by the workbook:

* Chapter 1: Do we realize how crazy God's love is for us?
* Chapter 2: Do we live as though today is just a "normal" day?
* Chapter 3: Do we believe God is the greatest thing in the world?
* Chapter 4: Do we assume that we're the good soil?
* Chapter 5: Do we give God our everything, or just serve Him leftovers?
* Chapter 6: Do we act because of guilt and rules, or because we're in love?
* Chapter 7: Do we live lives that stand out among nonbelievers?
* Chapter 8: Do we get obsessed with Jesus and His Kingdom?
* Chapter 9: Do we learn from others who live out crazy love for Jesus?
* Chapter 10: Do we live our lives in a way we want to be remembered for?

If you want to biblically examine yourself and radically obey Jesus, Crazy Love and all of its material is a wonderful motivator and encouragement. Chan is easy to read and communicates God's Word in a way that's biblical, humble, and very passionate. His critique of the church and how we ought to live our lives is soaked with humility and grace. He isn't into stirring controversy--he's into discussing biblical solutions. What a difference this tone makes!

It was this book that drove me to mentor young believers and eventually start an online community for those who are passionate about putting their faith, hope, and love into action [...]. None of it would have happened had I not read that first paragraph of Chan's.

If you've been moved to action as I have by Crazy Love, then I'd also highly recommend his book about the Holy Spirit, Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit--an excellent read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good book for a group study, but the workbook seems to be lacking, January 1, 2013

Even though the book itself was great for use in a group study, I did not find the workbook to be that helpful. The questions in the workbook were only okay. They weren't very deep and seemed to only scratch the surface of what was learned in the reading.

In short, I would highly recommend "Crazy Love", but given the choice I would skip on the workbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars sahmof1, December 13, 2011
I bought this to go with the Crazy Love book. I love love love them both! I am not done reading it as we are doing 2 chapters at a time with my small group. But so far it's life changing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for small group discussion, April 14, 2012
Great Book. Bought this book to use in a small group study and so far LOVE it. This book makes it easier for those who have a harder time coming up with questions and also re-highlights the main ideas of each chapter---which is super useful. Crazy Love is a challenging and great book for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent workbook, with or without reading the actual book, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Living Crazy Love: An Interactive Workbook for Individual or Small-Group Study (Kindle Edition)
I was amazed at how good this workbook is. There is a lot of text in the workbook, not just questions. I think it adds a lot to the book, but you don't need to read the book to use the workbook. I bought the kindle version, which works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Small Group Study, October 25, 2013
This small group study by Francis Chan is easy to understand and great to do in groups of 10 to 12 or smaller. Everyone in our groups have been giving very positive feedback. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this in our summer Bible study, October 22, 2013
D. Terry (Fortson, GA USA) - See all my reviews
The book was great, but we got so much more from it by using the workbook and DVD. Highly recommend it for small groups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Crazy Love, March 15, 2012
I am currently read this book. I have heard that it was an excellent read. I have enjoyed, I am receiving insight and learning about things I never thought of about God. As I read and come across things I pray that God would show me the truth of Himself and of the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read if you consider yourself a Christian, or even if you don't, May 18, 2012
This is probably one of the best Christian books I have ever read. If you were brought up in church, it really challenges the "normal Christian life" that we know. Every thought is biblically based and lovingly opposes the thought once we are saved, we can live how we want to. Some of the topics discussed are lukewarm Christians, the poor and needy, and how to truly love God.

I love how passionate Francis Chan is about God in the book, this is exactly how we should all want to live for God.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info that could have been in original book, December 1, 2013
Asks some good questions on what the full book covers but seems as if they could have been asked as addendums to regular book's chapters. Wonder why another book needed to be written.