5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Read for all Creatives and Entrepreneurs
Published 23 months ago by Wildchild1111

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed The Mark For Me
I didn't give it two stars because, according to Amazon, that means I didn't like. Three stars says it's ok and that's more how I feel about it. Unfortunately this book missed the mark for me. To others who are really new creatives and just starting out, this book might be great for them.

A lot of the information I've read numerous times before. It's just...
Published 22 months ago by B. Tremblay

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed The Mark For Me, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Living the Dream: Putting your creativity to work (and getting paid) (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)

A lot of the information I've read numerous times before. It's just packaged and worded differently. It used a very broad brush when giving you "how to" information. I personally would have liked a few more concrete steps to take. I didn't really find any. Usually in books like this I come away with one or two nuggets of information I can use. In this case, I didn't come away with anything.

If you're a creative you'd might want to look at books by Maria Piscopo, "The ASMP Guide to New Markets in Photography" as well as "ASMP Professional Business Practices in Photography". A book that really planted some great ideas was "Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition" by Jay Abraham and one of my favourites: "Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling" by Michael Port.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Read for all Creatives and Entrepreneurs, February 3, 2013
This book has been amazing to read. I've been a Video Director for 14 years and this book seems to catch MANY of my blind spots as a creative entrepreneur. It addresses holistic living for creative types- dreams, business, creative, family. It then takes this holistic approach and applies it to the details of running a creative business. Of the many books I have read, this book is really standing out as one I will be reading numerous times so that it fully soaks in. I would even say it's shifting how I run my creative business - for the better. I have been referring Living the Dream to other creative entrepreneurs and they have been having the same response as me.

4.0 out of 5 stars buy it or steal it, but own it, February 4, 2013
There are a number of must-reads that anyone motivated to be or stay in business for themselves must go cover to cover on, and this is one of them. Surprisingly, even for a know-it-all like me, it had insights and real world, practical examples of what you gotta know and gotta do to get it done. Like attending a seminar without having to leave the house. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super practical and insightful., February 4, 2013
Here's a book that takes the voodoo out of being self employed in a creative realm. It is super practical, really insightful and gave me a mountain of really unique ideas of running my own creative firm. I personally found great value from it and I keep going back to it to find new tips that I didn't pick up the first time I read it. If you are making a living (or wanting to make a living) from your creative bent - you should get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, December 29, 2012
Photog_71 (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a great book if you're a creative wanting to break free from "the man". There's no fluff here, just solid good business advice. Read it. You'll be glad you did.

$34.99 $26.11