Published on August 24, 2009 by Susan Schenck

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Not what I expected.
Published 10 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring, easy to read, and proof of the power of raw foods!, August 24, 2009
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
I loved Living Food Cures. Though I have read hundreds of books on nutrition, and nearly every raw food book out there (while researching for my own book), I nonetheless found this book fascinating. Why? Because the great testimonials of healing were mind-blowing, even to someone like me who has "heard it all." Also, the style is a conversational tone that makes it reader friendly. There are many references to science to support the author's arguments.

One of the 11 testimonials that really stood out for me was the woman (Judy Livingstone) healed of multiple sclerosis. She had the condition for decades, with 8 lesions in her brain, and was nearly in a wheelchair. Within a few years of eating mostly raw foods her tests showed a gradual reduction of lesions--to the point that there were none. Now the woman hikes up 6 mountains a year with her husband!

In addition to this, we get to read testimonials written by those healed from brain cancer, lupus, severe arthritis, and even bi-polar disorder! In one of the testimonials the doctor didn't recognize the person, and had tears in her eyes as she saw the complete healing (OK, 98% healed!) of severe arthritis!

Scientists may scoff and say these cases are "anecdotal evidence"--but when you have case after case, this documentation is classified as "empirical research" and qualifies as scientific in that numerous observations are made over and over again. At many healing institutions in which living foods are used, there are tens of thousands of cases on file. In fact, the vast majority of the patients either heal completely or regain a huge part of their health, without using drugs or surgery.

Why isn't this healing method making headlines all over the world? Sadly, medicine has been hijacked by the pharmaceutical companies, a trillion dollar business. They pay for the vast majority of advertising in the media. As a result, TV, newspapers, magazines, etc. depend on them to stay afloat. This is why the raw food movement is only a grass roots movement. But when someone heals of a disease (despite being told by their doctor that there is no cure) they want to shout it on the rooftops! Hence, more and more raw food books and websites are being self published.

This book is a must for anyone seeking inspiration to heal, or more knowledge about the power of a raw food diet in allowing your body to heal itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Health Reform Begins Here, October 16, 2009
Art (Middletown, Delaware USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
LivingFoodCures is an easy and very compelling read. With all the current debate in regards to healthcare reform this is where reform needs to begin. As a result my family and I have adopted a new lifestyle that as a by-product resulted in weight loss without hunger and without counting calories. This is not a fad diet, but a principled and tasty way of nourishing our bodies for a lifetime. We are using the resources recommended in the book like Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman and enjoying our journey!

If I could recommend one book that will encourage you to reform your healthcare, LivingFoodCures would be it. There is an old adage that says "The proof is in the pudding". There is abundant proof that health's pudding is most proved and improved by the fuel we put in our bodies.

Kudo's to Joe Farinaccio for reporting the amazing stories of 11 people who beat disease using raw and whole foods. This is not to be seen on nightly news midst the plethora of pharmacology and weight loss advertisements. Goliath has met his David. Armed simply we can slay the giants of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, auto-immune and countless other maladies.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK!!! - Must Read, May 9, 2012
D. Garris (New Bern, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
This is an easy to read and easy to understand book on the Amazing health recovery story of eleven people who completely reversed major sicknesses and diseases via whole raw living foods!! I've read MANY books on the subject and this book puts the info in simple understandable language along with amazing stories by 11 different people who each had the same reverse meant of a different health problem that was incureable by standard medical practices. I loved this book and I highly recommend it to others. The body is Self-healing therefore we need Living Food for our Living Body!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great motivator..., August 8, 2011
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book after reading just the title... as a Mother who's daughter suffers from Crohns disease, I was very interested to learn how just changing your diet could possibly alleviate such diseases.

Although no one suffered from Crohns it still gave me a positive outlook as to what I could do to help my daughter ease her symptoms or even possibly eliminate them!

A very easy read with sections about facts on conventional medicine vs. alternative medicines, cooked food vs. raw food, and why so many of us "believe" what Doctors say... in between the testimonials. Also the book made it very clear not to stop your prescribed meds without consulting your primary care doctor first. I found it very uplifting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing miracles of food, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. The information shared and the reasoning given for diet change is so understandable that you want to make those changes right now. The testimonies are so inspiring. I would tell anybody who is not feeling well to read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamite Comes In Small Packages!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
An Awesome Book That Is A Quick, Easy, Enjoyable, Read, And Has So Much Good Information On The Subject Of Nutrition, Cures, Healing, And Prevention Of So Many Diseases!

You Will Want To Purchase Copies Of This Book For Your Loved Ones.

David In Honolulu, Hawaii

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to begin your life change of diet, August 20, 2014
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
Great book to begin your life change of diet. Only wish it had some recipes in it. But it does a good job of raising awareness.

4.0 out of 5 stars but it seems to be valid and useful., September 6, 2014
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Kindle Edition)
I have not finished this one yet, but it seems to be valid and useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, February 22, 2015
Not what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received as expected, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Living Food Cures (Paperback)
I received the ordered books in excellent condition and in the time expected. I would buy something from this seller again.

Living Food Cures
Living Food Cures by Joe Farinaccio (Paperback - July 15, 2009)
$9.95