5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims!
Published 22 months ago by HFM1102

3.0 out of 5 stars Living proof full shampoo
Leaves hair shiny and clean and manageable. Doesn't thicken as much as some other brands. Not good for my thin hair
Published 8 months ago by Joan

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims!, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
ME: Color treated dry-ish medium length thick naturally wavy hair. I usually wash with Goldwell Colorsense every 2-3 days, use Moroccan oil after wash/prior to styling. I blow dry with a round brush, flat iron, or use a curling iron to style (I do NOT have "wash n wear" hair). Normally use a Goldwell spray wax for styling, hairspray for special occasions. Normally takes me about 30-45 minutes to style "everyday" hair from start to finish.

Went to large well-known beauty supply store for a dry shampoo to extend the time between washings. Salesperson directed me straight to Living Proof and asked me what my needs/requirements were. She then told me that the "Full" line is designed to extend the time between washings and improve the fullness and life of your hair. She also showed me a conditioner and the Prime style extender cream.

So, on day 1 in the evening before bed I washed/conditioned with the Full shampoo and conditioner. I towel-dried and applied the Prime extender as directed. I then blow-dried with a round brush into a style. Went to bed.

Day 2: woke up, brushed, used a curling iron on maybe 3 errant pieces of hair. All in all took me about 3-5 minutes. My hair looks really healthy, full, not overly-styled, and shiny.

Day 3: same thing. No change. I told my coworkers this and they don't believe that I haven't washed my hair. I have no other products in my hair because I don't need them. No hairspray, spray wax, pomade, nothing.

I am a huge skeptic and am COMPLETELY surprised by this. I do of course want to give this a few more weeks to see how it holds up, but so far, I'm sold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmatched shine and bounce, December 1, 2010
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
I was one of the fortunate few to be able to buy this shampoo as part of a trio via a special offer. I rec'd the shampoo, conditioner and thickening cream for less than the price of just one of these. Holy cow.. this is amazing stuff! My hair has never looked this great before! It is smooth, shiny and SO bouncy!. I have fine, very straight hair. I shampoo, condition, towel dry and work a little of the thickening cream through my hair and it looks and feels amazing. I normally use a little bit of flat iron cream to style my hair with the iron but did not need it with the LP thickening cream. I will really hate when I run out of these products as I cannot see myself paying 60+ to replace them. In the meantime, I think I will reserve them to be used only for special occasions when I really need my hair to be gorgeous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Proof Full Shampoo---AMAZING, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
This is, hands down, the best volumizing shampoo that I've EVER used. I first was exposed to the product when I received a couple mini samples (the shampoo and the conditioner) from Sephora. Background: I am 26 years old and I have thick-ish (but not very thick--getting thinner all the time) hair, very fine strands, lots of them. I noticed a difference the first time I used this shampoo and conditioner, and if I can afford it, I'll never use anything else. I would like to try the thickening cream next. What I love about this shampoo is that it makes my hair look like it never has before--thick, BOUNCY, SHINY, and so EASY to get a brush through it, right out of the shower--and it's very rarely easy for me to get a brush through this hair--it tangles SO easily. My hair smells great and feels incredibly clean, and soft.

You don't need to use a lot of this stuff--use as little as possible, and make it last longer! Another tip: when you only have a little of the shampoo left in the bottle, fill it up with water. What's left of the shampoo will mix with the water and, voila, you have a whole new bottle of shampoo--a lot runnier, but it still works!! You can even do the same with the conditioner. Believe me, if I'm going to spend this kind of money on shampoo and conditioner, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.

My advice? If you have thin hair that you're just not happy with, buy this shampoo and conditioner in the SAMPLE sizes. They are only a couple bucks, and you will get to see whether or not the product is for you. But I am willing to bet that you will love it, just like me :) Seriously, this is amazing. My hair is soooooo thick and lovely, I just can't stop touching it. And my boyfriend can't, either!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for fine hair -- works, but is drying for me, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
I have baby fine hair. In terms of hair volume (number of hairs on my head), it isn't thick or thin --- kind of in between. This shampoo leaves my hair full and fluffy all over. It absolutely does NOT leave my hair flat on top or anywhere. (I'm surprised by the review that said it leaves her hair flat on top. I wonder if she is putting conditioner on her roots?) I'm careful not to use conditioner at the top of my hair. The only problem is that over time this shampoo left my ends very dry and fly-away, even using full conditioner every day. Ironically, dry, fly-away ends make my hair look thin. In an effort to moisturize and calm my ends, I used other Living Proof products: No Frizz Styling Spray, Restore Spray (aerosol -- forgot the name), Restore Targeted Repair Cream, No Frizz Leave-in Conditioner, and No Frizz Styling Cream. None of these products worked to moisturize and defrizz my ends! Finally, I figured out (duh) to stop using Full Shampoo. I've since switched to Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo. I use it with Full Conditioner, Full Styling Cream, and No Frizz products (I'm still trying to work out which product is the best for me). The result is fluffy, bouncy, conditioned, juicy (for lack of a better term -- I mean full and healthy at the ends) hair. I'm still tweaking products to combat frizz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shampoo I've ever tried, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
For a sulfate-free shampoo it lathers well, gives lots of volume and oh, so much shine and silkiness! I am in LOVE! Same goes for the conditioner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for oily, limp hair, but not magic, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
All right, everyone. Let's get real about our hair. Mine is a little on the thin side but not extremely thin. I do not color treat. I do not use any post-shower product. By the end of the day I usually have extremely oily hair, enough so that I have to pull back into a pony tail. Whatever body I had in the morning is promptly gone by the afternoon. Once a week I used Neutrogena's build up removal shampoo (that smells like crap by the way) but it does the final cleansing I need for the oily build up I get. I usually use shampoos for normal to oily hair and am very cautious about using too much conditioner or getting it near my roots. I have tried every sulfate free shampoo out there and most don't lather very well or really feel like they're doing a good job. Enter Living Proof Full. I gasped at the price but my sister swore by it so I bought it have been using it for about two weeks. [I am using the Full Shampoo and Full Conditioner so this review is about both.]

After my first use of the product, I could feel a difference. My hair felt clean, but not stripped. The body I had was great. However, this product is not magic, and I didn't expect it to be. I still get oily hair in the afternoon but it is not nearly as bad. I can leave my hair down all day and not be self-conscious about my hair looking oily. Example - I shampooed and conditioned yesterday morning and am writing this review the next morning. Before Living Proof Full products, my hair would be so oily right now it would be borderline disgusting. But I can run my fingers through my hair right now and although it feels a little heavy and limp, it physically looks ok. Another bonus - I've noticed fewers breakouts on my back in the last week or so. -->Bonus!<--

The price is high, but for my needs it's completely worth it.
The bottles are small, but you really do use less of the product than traditional shampoos and conditioners.
Overall, great results for this oily-haired gal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
Over the past few years i have tried endless thickening products. This one is by far my favorite. While the price is high you dont need that much so it will last a while. My hair has never looked or felt better. Its soft but not the unmanageable soft that a lot of products produce. No more flyaways and no additional products needed i used the shampoo and conditioner and mousse and only needed a little hairspray. Hair looks just as good at night as it did in the morning. Does not weigh down hair at all. Highly recommend and will definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed., July 9, 2013
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
I really like this shampoo. Very gentle and smells clean. My hair which is getting old and grey reacted very well to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thicker hair from a bottle, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Living Proof Full Shampoo 8 oz (Health and Beauty)
I love this shampoo! I have thinning hair which is worn short by necessity. I was skeptical when I first tried this product but loved it immediately. Shortly after I began using it, I had a haircut. My hairdresser commented on how much thicker my hair seemed. I have been using it for some time now and the effect has not worn off. I have recommended it to others and they have had the same result. In at least one case the hairdresser also commented on the improvement in fullness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Living proof full shampoo, March 28, 2014