Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Living Your Best Life
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 30, 2002
"Living Your Best Life" is a practical guide on discovering what you want while presenting the skills it will take to get it. The foundation of the book is the belief that each person has their own innate wisdom that can be used as a resource. Once you have tapped into that resource, a change in attitute and perspective can help you create the life your wise self desires.
I purchased this book as an informational companion to my role as a coaching client. As someone in the midst of many personal and professional decisions, I found the client success examples illustrating each idea to be energizing and inspiring. Fortgang's perspective is a breath of fresh air in a world that tells you to push for your goals. Fortgang supports allowing your innate wisdom to pull you toward your passion and purpose.
"Living Your Best Life" is not about making lists, or even making plans. It is about knowing what you really want in life, instead of what you think you can have. It is about being who you are so you can do what you are meant to do in order to live your best life.
on May 7, 2001
"Living Your Best Life" is the key to tapping into your personal inner wisdom. As a personal coach, I often partner with my clients as they learn to create balance, connect with their intuition and inner voice, and design lives that are truly expressions of who they are and what they really want, and I am always on the look-out for tools to guide my clients through their own personal development process. Laura's book is a wonderful resource for doing just that! Through a 10-step process, complete with client success stories and exercises, she will guide you to uncover your personal Life Blueprint, which you can then use to create the extraordinary life you were meant to live! I will be using this as a coaching tool with many of my clients! ([...]
on December 2, 2001
This is the second book that Laura has written based on her years of experience coaching hundreds of clients. I'm a firm believer that real life experience is the best teacher and in this book, Laura has shared great wisdom with us. Often when we are faced with problems or difficult situations, we feel isolated and think we are the only ones in the whole world who are suffering this badly! The more accurate reality is that there are many others who have gone through what we feel. As a life coach, Laura has guided hundreds of people towards uncovering their inner wisdom. In this recent book, she shows you her 10-step process of using your inner wisdom to manage your most difficult life situations. For example, instead of saying "woe is me", isn't it more powerful to ask "what can I do to get myself out of this situation?" In the back of the book, Laura's includes a whole list of empowering questions to ask yourself. If you're facing tough times or want a better life for yourself, go to the bookstore, and look in the back of this book for those questions that will get you results.
If you are a personal, business, executive, or corporate coach, you will benefit from this book because it takes all your classroom learning, and puts all the theory into practical real life coaching experiences. Specific examples of situations that clients are facing are detailed, along with the approach that worked to get them unstuck. You'll be able to appreciate how Laura constantly uses the right tools for each client situation. You'll find yourself saying, as I did, "ahhh, so that's what my teleclass instructor meant when she said ...".
on November 12, 2003
The chapter on "defining" and "expanding" beliefs is worth the price of admission. So many people I work with as a coach have such definite beliefs about who they are, how they need to do things, and whether they can or can't accomplish something. Fortgang shows us how to move through those limiting mindsets and create new, more expansive thinking that is filled with hope and possibility. The simple act of changing one entrenched belief about something can, and will, create incredible break-through results.
on July 19, 2002
This book is definitely one of the best self-help books I've ever read. Unlike a lot of the other titles on the market that have very little of substance to say, this book is packed with genuine wisdom that you can apply to your own life. Highly recommended.
on October 14, 2005
This book is a different kettle of fish from many other self-help books, and it deserves a read.

A lot of books shame you about current life choices (you're dependent; lazy; immature; in denial; codependent; not actualized, etc.) and lecture you about how you must change in order to FULFILL your DESTINY*! "...You're right," you might say, sighing. "So if I should do something else instead, why don't I just DO it?"

Fortgang says you need reinforcement and continuity to bridge the change. Her strongest suite is helping you recognize how your life purpose is already being enacted, to understand how your essential nature already infuses your life, and build from there. For example: My nature is that of an observer, analyst, and expressor. analyst (duh). My purpose is not necessarily to write incredible novels like Chuck Palahniuk, but to analyze what I see, hear, or read and then to communicate that assessment effectively through my strongest means--which happens to be writing.

The cool thing about Fortgang is that she doesn't lecture you; she leads you to teach yourself and create the continuity you need to further work the change.
on October 28, 2004
This book walked me through the process of completely transforming my life. It is full of useful exercises that really really work. If you're unhappy with your life, don't run blindly to the next thing. Take the time, do the work, and figure out what it is your really desire, in order to find true happiness. I went from a point in my life where I was unhappy with my career, relationship, home, location, and general quality of life. Over the process of a year and a half, I now have my dream job in an incredibly beautiful location along with wonderful home, relationship, and lifestyle. If you believe you can do it and that you deserve nothing but the best, you CAN make it happen. So do it!
on October 13, 2001
Living Your Best Life is a "what-to" manual for building a life that not only feels right but is supported by a solid foundation.
Laura Berman Fortgang has provided all the required tools to escavate the raw materials, that are within all of us, to create a meaningful and productive life. Her book is the perfect guide to finding your own personal wisdom and is full of self-directed exercises to design your best life (worth buying just for the appendix). Laura Berman Fortgang is the real deal. She knows from where she speaks. Her book has had a profound and lasting impact on my life and the people who I care about. What is your dream?
on October 17, 2001
If you are looking to take your life or your business to the next level, Laura Berman Fortgang clearly shows you how to create your own roadmap to get there. This extraodinary guide provides a process for tapping into your own wisdom using empowering "Wisdom Access Questions." My personal favorites are: "How have people used you?" and "Who have you been for them?" -- questions that help determine who we are and what we are built for.
Strategies, tools and techniques for creating success (in your own terms) and living a life that is passionate and purposeful, are also provided in this brilliant book. Laura is truly a guru in the world of coaching, and she shares her considerable wisdom and coaching experience in this wonderful book.
on June 13, 2002
I've read other books by Life Coaches and none of them compare to the wisdom and power of Laura's book. She gets right to the heart of the matter without asking you to spend tons of time in "information gathering" mode. Her process is clear, succinct and to the point. The excercises are real-life, straight forward and very effective. If you are looking for a book where you'll see results without being overwhelmed by the volume of work you need to do, "Living Your Best Life" is a must have book.