4.0 out of 5 stars continuous drip
A great product for the convenience of not having to refill water bowls for pets and providing fresh water. However, unless the lixit is at an almost perfectly vertical (right) angle to the ground, it will not completely shut off, but continue to drip or dribble with a heavier flow the farther it is from vertical.
Published on February 9, 2009 by C. Reese

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but one annoying flaw
This product works really well, and it didn't take my dog long to figure out how to use it.

Published on July 10, 2009 by J. White

4.0 out of 5 stars continuous drip, February 9, 2009
C. Reese (Santa Fe Springs, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just remember to check them from time to time, January 28, 2009
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
I've had several of these over the years. They work great but eventually they wear out. Make sure to check them cause if they aren't working it could be a real bad situation for your dog. I find that after a few years they start to leak and also hard water deposits will clog them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, rugged, and it works., April 22, 2007
JK (Dairyland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
The Lixit faucet dog waterer is a tough, reliable product that works as advertised. You attach the Lixit to an outside hose faucet, and turn on the faucet. The dog licks the control lever on the Lixit, and water momentarily flows down around the lever. The dog quickly gets the idea and repeatedly licks the lever, causing a slow, continuous flow of water, which stops when the dog stops licking.

The only problems I've ever seen with the Lixit are that it does sometimes leak a little (but since it is for outside use, this isn't a big deal), and that if it is attached to a faucet that is in the sun, the metal parts can get pretty hot. Other than that, it just works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but one annoying flaw, July 10, 2009
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)

HOWEVER, one day I noticed my dog was bleeding on the side of her mouth where she drank from the Lixit. Because it's metal, it gets really hot if it's in direct sunlight during the day - so I would suggest putting something in front of it to shade it if it's not shaded already. My dog was definitely affected by the burn and she doesn't use the Lixit very much any more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Auto Dog Waterer Waters Too Much, October 25, 2008
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
I ordered two auto dog waterers. I was unable to get either one to install without leaking continuously. I finally took out the hard plastic washers and installed good rubber washers to prevent them from leaking when not being activated.

Lixit needs to improve their quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 4 Paws, August 24, 2007
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
First Impression: At first I didn't know what Dad wanted me to do with the Lixit Dog Waterer. But after Dad showed me a couple times, I caught on very quickly. The instructions say you can put peanut butter on the lever, but Dad just pushed it with his finger. Also, he showed me that I can press my nose on the Lixit to make water come out. Fascinating!

Conclusion: Dad says it's well worth the money! He never has to worry about a water bowl outside. When I play outside and get thirsty, I use the Dog Waterer. I lick it and it gives me fresh water. It hasn't leaked so far. I now think that Mom's bath faucet will turn on if I lick it for long enough. The Dog Waterer was very inexpensive and is recommended for all outdoor dogs, or even dogs that just go outside when they have to (like me).

3.0 out of 5 stars These used to be great..., December 13, 2007
We had one for years for our dogs. Worked GREAT! When it finally gave out we bought a new one. It lasted 4 months before it started leaking. Bought another... it lasted about the same. I think they changed the design or the quality of the parts...? Hope you have better luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good waterer for dogs/cats, January 3, 2009
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
I got this for my two dogs to use and it turns out the cats like it better. Well made and works well. My dogs would just rather use a bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs Love It, December 8, 2012
Length:: 0:48 Mins

Here are my dogs enjoying the waterer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Faucet Does What It's Supposed to do, September 26, 2007
This review is from: Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer (Misc.)
Easy to install and not wholly unattractive, this dog faucet works fine. It takes the average dog about ten seconds to learn how to use it.

The only thing is, put it where you don't mind a few drops of water falling. Dogs are not always neat.

Lixit Original Dog Faucet Waterer