5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty recipes! and no fuss ingredients!
Published 23 months ago by Scott D. Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing
Published 10 months ago by Augustina

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty recipes! and no fuss ingredients!, October 28, 2012
I have made the whoopie pies, the hamburger casserole, the pumpkin bread, and a few more items. They have all turned out delicious! This book has recipes that use ingredients that are found around most homes, as the Amish use what they have. You won't have to go buy any fancy spices and spend a fortune only to use a pinch and throw it away. If you are looking for budget friendly, traditional cooking, this is for you. Highly recommend this book. I got it from the local library and am thinking of buying a copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars COOK BOOK, June 12, 2013
A GOOD VARIETY OF AMISH COOKING.MOST OF THE RECIPES ARE EASY TO MAKE IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS WRITTEN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I love this cook book., May 26, 2013
I like all the old recipes like my mom and grandma made. I can now make them just like they did so long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars cookbook, February 18, 2013
Love using the many recipes found in this book. Lots of recipes use ingredients already on hand. Tasty and delicious meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie's Amish Cookbook: Favorite Recipes from Three Generations of..., February 8, 2013
Mary Lloyd (Sears`, MI United States) - See all my reviews
WOW, I have thoroughly enjoyed this cookbook, and have shared it with my Amish friend. We've been using recipes from it, and have been so happy with the results! Upon receipt, it was like new, and it was received before I expected it. Great all around transaction and product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Lizzie's Amish Cookbook: Favorite Recipes from Three Generations of Amish Cooks (Kindle Edition)
I read the preview of this book available via the "Look Inside" option and saw the positive reviews, it seemed ok, so I bought it. Really the only good thing about this book is the baking section and the little snippets of stories from the author's novels (which I have not read). The snippets reminded me of the Anne of Green Gables books and the recipes included in the preview were basic, old fashioned, and entirely from scratch. Once I read the full book, I was really dissappointed in how many of the recipes used processed foods. Her cheese dip uses American Cheese. The Crispy Chicken recipe uses Cornflakes. Her casseroles use Cream of Mushroom soup. And some of the recipes are just bad, she fries chicken in butter?? Butter will burn and smoke up your whole kitchen! Some aspects of this book remind me of something that would make a "first cookbook" kind of gift for a young adult, but with some of the cooking techniques in the book just outright wrong, I am not even so sure of that.

I really like the idea of the book, but the execution fell flat. When I buy a cookbook that says "from 3 generations of Amish" I expect things to be made from scratch, not from processed garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade goodness, September 25, 2013
Love the book. I have made several things from it already and the food turns out great every time. Homemade goodness

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Simple to Make Recipes, August 15, 2013
Heather (James Creek, PA) - See all my reviews
I have tried a few of the recipes included in this book and they have been easy to make with ingredients I already had on hand. I'm sure I will continue to use this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow, January 9, 2013
Have already tried some of the recipes, which are easy to follow and very yummy!! Also love the books by this same writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the recipes, July 13, 2014
Simple recipes, easy to follow. No special ingredients needed. Everything I needed for recipes, I had in my pantry. Enjoy!!!

Rate and Discover Movies