Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 22, 2010
I always had problems removing my soft contact lenses at the end of the day. I would scrape with my fingertips and the lense would slide around until my eye would turn bright red. I'm sure the constant scraping wasn't good for the surface of my eyes. I was also always worried about my fingernails scratching my eyes. The soft tip on the tweezers allow you to easily grasp the contact lense. It almost always comes out at the first attempt now. I bought a second pair, one for my purse and one for my bedroom upstairs. By the way, I don't find I need to use the insertion tool. My finger always works pretty well for that, usually getting the lense in on the first try.
11 comment79 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2012
I am a first time contact user... I always wanted them, but didn't like the idea of putting things in my eye... I decided, i hate my glasses, and i want contact lenses..So many people have them... It was a disaster for me.. I kept on tearing them, or i couldn't get them in my eye... Once i got them in my eye, i couldn't get them out.. It was an expensive horrible mistake I THOUGHT... I then went online and i found this little soft tweezers and a little red stick... I was going to just give up.. I purchased it, and i was able to insert them on the first try.... I feared that i know wouldn't get them out... On the first try with the rubber tipped tweezers it was easy to grasp the contact... Very easy to insert, and now its just as easy to remove without any tears.... I love my contacts....
0Comment47 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2008
My old set finally broke I had to get a new one. Have been using it for few years now and wouldn't be able to live without it now.
11 comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2010
When I purchased this item I also purchased two others as I was not sure which one would be the best. This kit is my favorite as it gives the perfect tools to handle and apply the lenses to the eyes. I would be lost without it. I also liked the Lensvue2, but not for application, simply for being able to view the markings on the contact lense, so I could tell if it was inside out or not. I would recommend buying both these, but I really think that the Lobob Soft Contact Insertion/Removal Kit is the best for handling the lenses. However the DMV Soft Lense Handler was no use for me. The lense stuck to it, and it just didn't help in inserting the lense to my eye. This was my experience, I hope it was helpful.
0Comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2010
The Lobob Soft Contact Insertion/Removal Kit has been a blessing for me! Have had alot of problems getting my contacts out of my eyes.Was ready to give up and just wear glasses. With the removal tool, there is no more going to bed with a lens in my eye! Thanks for a "GREAT" product!
11 comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2011
I ordered three different available contact removal kits as I was desperate about not being able to take my contacts out, I would slide them and try to grab them with my fingers and by the end my eyes would be red. I was about to give up wearing contacts. This product is amazing! Eye doctors should give these out to every contact lens user!

I would say it takes 1-3 tries for each eye to get them out, so maybe 10-30 seconds total! I would recomend this product to anyone having trouble getting their contacts out. I can not judge the insertion piece as I never had issues putting them in.
0Comment33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
My optometrist "doesn't believe these things are really necessary." Well, excuse me! I'm a hobby mechanic, and often my fingertips aren't as clean as I'd like them to be. Further, they are also callused. Since I'm putting a contact over a cornea transplant, I'm really not very fond of scraping my cornea with my fingertips. The fact that this is actually two separate tools allows me to pick up my contact from the case with the tweezers and set it on top of the insertion cup. Bingo! Contact is still clean when I stick it in my eye, no matter how much imbedded, can't-get-the-d###-stuff-completely-out is still in the creases of the calluses. Getting the contact out is even better. The little container for the tools is something these things should not be sold without. Can't imagine continuing to wear soft contacts without this tool.
11 comment31 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2012
Doesn't work for me but seems to work for some people.

I have worn contacts for decades, all varieties: hard, gas perm, and soft. I never had any trouble removing soft lenses until a new pair that I was trying out. I never knew soft lenses could stick to your eye so tenaciously.

Each night I would slather my eyes and contacts with rewetting solution and after many tries and increasing desperation I would finally get the lenses out. So I researched removal gadgets and ordered this one.

I tried over several days to get this to work but I couldn't. It's pretty disconcerting for starters because it says to position the "tweezers" over the center of your contact, exert gentle pressure, and squeeze the "tweezers" together. So basically you're tweezing right over your pupil. Not for the faint of heart. And I am a veteran of contact handling, so much so that an optometrist once mentioned how little blink reflex I have.

Accidentally I learned a new removal technique that is working great for me. I don't use a mirror. (I always did before). I just look upwards and and use my thumb and index finger to grasp the bottom half of my lens and slide it downward and together. Sometimes I blink to help force the lens downward. My sense of touch lets me know when I've "got it" rather than my being distracted by what I see in the mirror. I haven't even had to use rewetting solution.

I don't have super long fingernails so if you do, maybe you'll be able to get this gadget to work, because I don't know what other options you have.
33 comments19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2008
The shipping was very fast. The products work great, but they are a little pricey. However, I'm very happy with the tiny case that came with the kit. That's probably the main reason why I chose this insertion/remover kit over the other one. It would be nearly impossible to keep them clean without a case.
0Comment19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2007
These are great helpers -- make your contact lenses last longer too. Great service from the provider.