Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes

on November 4, 2010
I chose the Gray Color Dot lunch bag; it's compact and measures about 7"L x 5.5"H x 4.25"D. The contents of the lunch bag are: one 380 mL. (~ 1.5 cup) and two 160 mL.(each ~ 2/3 cup) borosilicate rectangular-shaped glass containers, three matching lids with silicone sealing rings, and a pair of collapsible chopsticks with its own case. The containers may seem small for others; but it's great for portion control. Do not buy this set if you want a big meal. Come lunchtime, I remove my bag from the frigde, take out the containers, remove the lids, place a paper napkin/towel over the glass (to prevent splatters), and microwave the food that I want to heat up. Great for small separate dishes (bento box style). Regular-sized sandwiches will not fit. The sealing rings are thicker than those in the Snapware containers that I own. In researching this product, I have read some reviewers say that the ring is difficult to clean. So far, I have no complaints regarding this issue. I separate all the parts when I come home from work and wash them as soon as I can. I love this set!
review image review image review image
on March 6, 2011
I was looking for a new insulated lunch bag, and the glass food containers were a nice bonus. I'm happy with the overall quality, but the bag is not designed to seal shut at the top. Because of this, it does not keep food cold very long, and there's not enough room for an ice pack. If you need to keep your food cold during a long commute, you may want to consider a different lunch bag.
on February 1, 2011
At first look this set seems a bit small, but on closer inspection you see that it simply compact and conveniently sized. The containers are actually "just right" for a sensible meal. If you want a sandwich the sandwich will have to be cut and stacked, but will fit nicely. I like to bring leftovers to work. These dishes are oven safe (not the lids of course) so if I am baking something such as lasagna I bake a small portion directly in my dish along with the family meal. When it's cool I pop the lid on and put it in the fridge for my lunch the next day.
You can pack "wet" items such as fruit in juice and sauces , these will not leak. The rubber seal IS removable from the lids and I THINK the instructions say to remove it when washing, but I can only go by the diagram as the instructions are in Japanese. I personally would not place these seals in the dishwasher but the lids and dish go through just fine.
I have no use for the chopsticks but they add a nice touch. The little case they come in works great for other items such as salt and pepper packs, or even as a pill box if you take medication with meals. I put a rubber band on it if I use it for medication.
My only con to this set is that the straps/handle are too short. If they were just a tad longer I could carry this bag in the crook of my arm. As they are they hardly even fit over my wrist (and I have a small wrist) WORTH EVERY PENNY STILL!
on March 3, 2012
I hope you read the reviews before purchasing because you need to know that this is a small lunch set. I posted some pictures with items to use as a reference. One small pre-filled applesauce bucket completely filled a side container. I use mine mostly for Asian cuisine, which works well with this design as most of the meal is rice with small side items. I think you could use this for non-Asian cuisine in the form of fingerfoods, sandwich pinwheels, or maybe a couple of really small sliders and sides, but it would still be a tiny portion. With rice, you get almost no negative space, and it's still just barely enough to keep me full.

Nicely constructed, the containers are made of a heavy Pyrex-like material and the lids plastic. The materials were my main reason for purchase as I've developed a sensitivity to plastics recently and can taste it on any foods stored or heated in plastic containers (except, for some reason, my Zojirushi bento set). The upside is that my food tastes like it should. Downside with this set is that it's heavier than any of my other lunchsets.

Please note that this is NOT leakproof, despite the fact that it looks like the plastic leakproof Lock and Lock containers. I found this out when I packed some berry flavored applesauce. With microwaveable glass opening up the possibility for sloshy foods and maybe a small serving of thick stew or soup, I really think they should have included better seals for these containers. So I deducted one star.

There are additional drawbacks to this set, but I couldn't take away any stars for the following because it really is designed the best as it could be. If the containers were larger, it would add more weight to an already "heavy" (by lunchbox standards) set. If the glass were thinner, it wouldn't be as durable and convenient for everyday use. If the bag were bigger to allow for extra snacks and such, the glass might jumble around and get damaged. The simple truth is that glass just doesn't make the best lunch sets, but this is as well thought-up as it gets...well, unless someone came out with a divided single tier.
review image
on July 9, 2011
My husband and I have two of these sets. We keep one empty set in each of our cars for when we go out to eat at restaurants. Instead of taking our leftovers in environmentally unfriendly styrofoam or plastic boxes, we bring in our little kit with the glass containers and box up our own leftovers. I did make one change, replacing the two small containers in each set with another rectangular container of the same size as came with the kit. The two rectangular containers have so far been large enough to pack up our leftovers from every meal, even though the whole kit and the containers look quite small.

The trick is to have a few extra empty rectangular glass containers, repack the kit and put it back in the car ASAP. The containers with food go from the fridge into our regular reusable lunch bags, and I'm happy to be microwaving my lunch in glass, not plastic.
on November 14, 2010
So, I was a little reluctant when I first saw the containers in this lunch box, but was pleasantly surprised when I actually went to put food in them to take with me for lunch. They look a bit small but hold the perfect amount of food for lunch, especially when you are trying to control your portions. The borosilicate containers are awesome because I can just throw them into the toaster oven at work or even in the microwave. It's pretty cool that they come with a set of chopsticks as well.
on December 24, 2010
I've been looking for bento-style lunch boxes for about 6 months now, uncertain about the microwave and durability issues of plastic. Although this one looks like it's just a simple typical lunch box, I liked that the containers are microwavable AND oven-safe. Plus, it's small enough to not get in the way. And spill-proof.
I'm not that fond of the lunch bag itself, but that's personal preference. The lunch bag is sturdy and stiff. I prefer softer material, so I use a make-up bag--which fitted all of the contents nicely!
For anyone who cares about where it's made; this is made in Korea.
on July 7, 2012
I bought this kit to save money, and I ended up realizing that it is the perfect kit to lose some weight. It comes with:

1 - Bag (small handles, I just put it in another bag to carry)
2 - Small containers with sealing lids (about 1/2 to 1/3 cup of food, depends on the type)
1 - Large container with sealing lid ( about 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cup of food, depends on type)
1 - Fork and Spoon (some reviews say chopsticks)

The small containers are great for canned fruit (I like canned pineapple for a dessert) or rice. The sealing lids to take up a bit of the usable space, but since they seal completely I think its worth it. If I leave one of the out of the bag there is enough space for a 12oz. can of soda. The large container will fit a sandwich cut in half and stacked (slightly smooshed) or a cooked chicken breast ( i always pre-cut my lunch meals, so it will fit a breast cut up, you may have to 'trim' a whole one depending on size). I paired this item with these:

for salads, soy sauce or any dressings / sauces I might need. There is enough space left in the bag to include these on the side, or to add a half peice of toast (wrapped of course) on top.

Like the description also says these are oven and microwave safe (not the lids), and I have used these containers in both with out any issues. The lids needs to be disassembled to be cleaned, which means pulling the rubber seal out of the slot in the plastic lids. It's super easy.

All in all this is a great lunch kit for anyone who wants to control their portions and save money. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who needs a large meal.
on July 18, 2011
This is a fabulous lunch box combo! Yes, the containers are small but if you jam the food in/cut up into small pieces you can get a surprising amount into the containers, and for me portion control is optimal with this set though I would not recommend this for someone with a large appetite (I do pack fruit/raw carrots/snacks etc. in a separate bag). I love the compactness of the entire little bag that I fill at night, throw into the fridge and then just pop it into my backpack for work. Also, work fridges tend to be um stuffed to the brim and I can just slide mine into the crisper, no prob. People at work are amazed when they see it, wanting to get the info etc...I'm like a little lock-n-lock ambassador (I work in two places). This was a birthday (requested, after much research) present and it is one of the best I've had for years. It is great quality, very easy to clean and should need be I would replace it in a heartbeat. Take the plunge!
on February 7, 2013
I've been trying to limit how much I eat because I'm trying to lose weight. I love these containers because not only do they force me to be creative when making foods, they force me to pay attention to what I'm eating and how much of it I'm eating. Lately, I've been filling up the bigger rectangle with fruits or veggies, and using the smaller ones for meat and fruit or another veggie. I'm paying attention to my portions because of these containers and I LOVE having all my food in an adorable, compact little carrying bag. I also like that everything is in glass; it makes me feel like my lunch is just a little fancier. AND it helps me work on my chopstick skills!

I heard Lock & Lock is going out of business, but I want to buy more Lunch Box sets from them! T_T