4.0 out of 5 stars Great, inexpensive solution.
I bought this after my apartment was robbed. Since then I've been taking measures to make sure my place is as secure as possible. Along with physically locking my computer and external hardrive to my desk, I needed something to store priceless things to me, like my Jewelry and portable external hard drive (where I have my design work, home videos and photos stored)...
Published on July 27, 2012 by Laura Temple

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product but rare
You dont find many safe books that are good quality, and if you have this on a bookshelf you wouldnt notice a thing, but if you have it laying flat... its very noticeable. The white dosent really look like pages and its bulky and loud.. but it works for its simple task and the safe part is very sturdy, just not the rest of the product.
Published on January 5, 2012 by heretohelp

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, inexpensive solution., July 27, 2012
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)

I wanted a discrete safe, because unless the safe is bolted to the ground (in plain view or closet), they WILL be tempted to take it regardless of not having the keys. I thought this would be a great option for me because I have a huge bookshelf with many books it can blend in with.

PROS:
- The title is generic and something everyone would own. I read reviews of other products similar to this one but with a different title. Their main complaint was the title was so "out there" that guests actually wanted to read it sometimes (I think one was called "Food for Millionaires").
- There is plenty of room for things like Jewelry, Money, keys, even a small firearm.
- The spine and outside construction looks like a real book. It even has some imperfections that show when you own a regular leather-bound book.
- The actual safe is made of real metal and very durable. The lock as well.

CONS:
- There is really only one (and reason for 4 stars instead of 5)- The sides don't look exactly like book pages. The sides are faux pages made of plastic around the safe. But I guess there is no real way to get around that unless you cut through a real book. I placed my book safe on the highest shelf so even a tall burglar couldn't see the top and become suspicious. I also placed it between books and not by itself. You can also sandwich it between two taller books so they will create a shadow on the safe, making the sides less obvious.

I currently have my portable external hard drive, my computer lock keys, my SS card and birth certificate in the safe. When I traveled, I always brought my good jewelry with me just in case someone broke in while I was gone (regardless whether or not I was going to wear it). Now I will be putting them in this safe, knowing they're hidden away.

I would recommend this product. I might even get one as a gift for someone. The only thing that could make this product even better is if it was fire proof!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love my Locking Booksafe with Key!, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
Its exactly as described in picture, I have had it for two months and its great for what I needed it for,it holds a 22 cal.revolver nicely with room to spare,but not a s&w 38sp revolver with 4" barrel, that will "NOT FIT".hope that info is helpful to you. It is a perfect size, fits right in with my other books and looks just like a normal book,worth every penny, I would recommend it to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fooled me!, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
This safe is very well camaflauged! Fits right in among my college texts. Gonna buy one as a gift as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product but rare, January 5, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars product came as described for the most part, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was unaware when I got the booksafe that there would be loose pieces inside the box and I would have to assemble the locking mechanism for the lock box myself it the loose pieces was one washer, one lock washer, and one bolt. after assembling the lock myself everything seemed to work fine but I work in a machine shop and with people these days I can forsee some people having a hard time putting the lock back together. also the writing on the outside rim of the dictionary was quite faded and is starting to become hard to read. other than that everything came on time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great delivery!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
Very sturdy lock box, great appearance, and highly recommended. Blends in well with other books. Very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Great, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
On a bookshelf surrounded by other books it's hard (but not impossible) to detect ... Holds more than I expected, NOT strong enough to trust it with a gun ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Depticted, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
I don't give many 5 stars, and truly their probably is no such thing... but, this product exceeded my expectations, and it looks totally normal, mixed in on my bookshelf with all of my other reference books. I was really surprised at what a good job they did. If you pull the book out and handle it, you will immediately know it is not a book, but on the shelf it is totally convincing. Bigger items such as a small handgun, cash, etc fit nicely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell Apart, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
Major shopper on Amazon. I do not review often. But, this product fell apart in my hands when I took it out of the box. I am so dissatisfied and kick myself for not heeding the warning of other reviewers. Its so bad I do not even want to go through the motions and trouble of returning it, because I don't want another one. Geez!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good..., May 28, 2014
This review is from: Locking Booksafe with Key Lock (Tools & Home Improvement)
While the locking part of this booksafe, the outer cover ripped off almost immediately after being opened. Not a happy camper.

Locking Booksafe with Key Lock