5.0 out of 5 stars Best cast Iron company
We have several Lodge products and LOVE them all. Made in USA, lead-free product. We have just about switched out all our copper bottom, stainless cookwear for cast iron. I highly reccommend Lodge cast iron products. They are preseasoned and come with a small booklet that is a handy basic "cast iron 101" guide.
Published 19 months ago by T. R.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware.
Published 11 months ago by AP

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware., October 9, 2013
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
Several reviewers wrote that they received this product with the lid shattered. I ordered it anyway because the overall product reviews were very good. When I opened the shipping box, which was way too large, there was a lot of packing material on top of the product box, but only one sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom. As soon as I lifted the product box out of the shipping box, I could hear something rattling around...and glass shards began to spill out of any open space of the box. I never even bothered to open it up because I didn't want a bigger mess to clean up. I have always had excellent packaging from Amazon and it's sellers. In the many years I've been shopping Amazon, I can't recall ever receiving a damaged item, so that's a pretty good track record overall. My main disappointment is that this seems to be an issue with this particular item, and I would think that a better effort to ship it properly could be made. On top of that, I could not get an automatic replacement, I would have to return the damaged one and reorder a new one. In the 3 days since I ordered the frying pan, the price went up $5. So between the hassle of the return and the re-order, and the price increase, I'm not going to purchase the pan again. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to using it. :( I've given it 3 stars because I can't fairly give the product a bad review, just the shipping and handling of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cast Iron company, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Same skillet as Lodge Mfg. L10SK3 Skillet With Assist Handle, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
I called Lodge and they verified that this is the same skillet as the 12" L10SK3. This package includes the glass lid. Mine was packed OK by both Lodge and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
I cook absolutely EVERYTHING with this skillet! I was raised on cast iron and was lacking any of my own when I first got married. I haven't found any other pan that cooks the way I want short of cast iron. This was a reasonable price and included a lid which is very helpful. So long as you know proper care of cast iron, this item will not disappoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken lid, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
We had read that the lid might come broken but decided to give it a shot thinking that by this time the manufacturer would have realized that their packaging was insufficient. We didn't even have to open the package to know that the lid was shattered as there were pieces of glass lying in the outer Amazon box. Not Amazon's fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars How do I use thee? Let me count the ways..., May 2, 2012
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
We often use this skillet for making pizza, and it is equally brilliant for wilting veggies, baking a skillet cookie, bread, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versitile cookware!, February 4, 2011
Indestructible! Oven to stove top and back. There are many special recipes that use iron skillets and now I have them all. I grew up with these as a mainstay and now I can recreate those dishes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent classic cast-iron skillet, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
We have an induction range and a beautiful set of stainless steel cookware. We wanted the larger skillet and like having at least one cast-iron skillet that we can move from stovetop to oven and back. We hesitated because we feel that the cast-iron would scratch our glass top induction range. But when we learned that we could just put a piece of parchment paper under the cast-iron skillet and protect the glass top we then decided to buy it. Works great. The induction range heats the cast-iron beautifully and with the extra handle on the skillet it's easy to take from the range top directed to the oven for finishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Nonstick, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch (Kitchen)
I love this skillet! My son's doctor directed me to get rid of every synthetic non-stick pan, years ago. Since then, we've been collecting cast iron pans.

I love that this pre-seasoned skillet is naturally nonstick. It heats evenly and is wonderful for making Spanish rice. Even eggs come out perfect in this skillet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best decision I've ever made on a pan, November 22, 2012
I have had this skillet for over a year now and I love it. My old non stick skillets were starting to chip and warp and I wanted to buy something that would last. Also I wanted something with a lid. I looked through a lot of skillets before settling on this one. The price was right and I knew that cast iron lasts forever as long as you take care of it. It gives a great flavor to food and works well on the stove top or in the oven. This was my first cast-iron pan and today I bought a lodge dutch oven for a deeper capacity.

Lodge L10SKG3 Skillet with Glass Lid, 12-inch