Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lodge LGPR3 Pre-Seasoned Round Cast-Iron Grill Press
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 2, 2013
Great bacon press...keeps bacon from the massive wrinkling it normally suffers when cooking in an open fry pan.
Also works great with hamburgers, keeps them flat...otherwise they sometimes turn into more ball shape.
Made from heavy cast iron and will last a lifetime...
Packed very well, arrived at my house with no damage.
I recommend this for the bacon lover and hamburger lover
on July 24, 2015
Love this tool for making bacon. It makes flat bacon all the time and it has never squashed my bacon like another reviewer said.

What I like to do it lay this on top of the cast iron skillet and turn on the stove and truly let both cast iron pieces heat up, then after their hot I put on the bacon and this on top and the bacon cooks in no time. Though the handle does get hot, it dissipates heat but still be warned it gets hot at times, especially if there hot steam coming up from the skillet when your cooking.

I haven't tried to make anything else but bacon as of yet, but I will be in the future.

Also please make sure you use tools to assemble this, I tried to tighten the screws with my hands alone and while I was cooking it came apart. Wish it was designed differently so that the screws don't face out the bottom and a way for the handle not to get hot. Otherwise I love it.
on September 17, 2013
I always wanted a grill press to use for my bacon but had no idea how heavy it would be. It will flatten bacon like a pancake and make it stick to the bottom of the pan. I am sure there must be a lot of trial and error before I get it down to a science but I do enjoy having it and LODGE makes a quality product. MADE IN THE USA.
on July 27, 2014
I gave this five stars because of the very heavy weight which does the job for me. However I make Potatoes Anna, thinly sliced potatoes placed in a concentric circle in my cast-iron skillet and brushed with butter then weighted down and oven baked at high temperature. When I remove the skillet from the oven the top layer of potatoes has stuck to the grill press. I'm sure I can solve this problem by using a nonstick spray on the press next time.
The press does a super job of pressing grilled cheese sandwiches. The smooth bottom keeps food from getting into crevices as it does on other presses with a stamped design.
I would recommend this product because I find all Lodge products to be superior. This one is no exception.
on May 18, 2016
Just made a ball of about 1/4 pound of hamburger, put just a tiny bid of oil on the surface and press for a perfectly formed burger. Also, use as a press during cooking. Great quality Lodge product.
on March 17, 2013
This is a great press from a great company. I like the size of it. It is neither too small or too big. The weight is not overwhelming to handle, it provides plenty of pressure and it is larger than most presses. The reason I rated this 4 stars is because of the handle. Other reviewers mentioned that the handle was hard to attach. I agree. I had two sequential problems. First, it was hard to get the screw threaded into the nut enough to hold sufficiently to tighten the nut. Disregard the directions that say you can turn the lid sideways and insert the screws and the nuts. The handle is too heavy and the press is surely too heavy for two screws to hang suspended in the air while you try to attach nuts to loose screws. I threaded one hand tight and then turned the press with the handle aligned, affixed the screw and nut hand tight and then tightened them screws. Herein lies the other problem. The nut must be held stable while the screw is turned. The nut is, appropriately, not large. Getting a tool on the nut and then turning the screw is awkward. I ended up using a very small pair of vice grips and finally had spectacular success! I hope I got them tight enough to stay for a good long while. I love the press. It is just great. A sidebar, the 7 " press does not fit into the 8" pan because of the sloped sides of the frying pan. I love both. I just use a larger pan to use my press to its best advantage.
on October 9, 2014
I love my grill press and use it all the time. I'm now officially a LODGE ADDICT and can't get enough of their products.... This in conjunction with the grill pan... OMG Juicy tender meats..... FLAT Bacon! and tender crisp veggies..... This has REAL weight to it and in my kitchen... this never gets put away.. lives right on my stove! (no joke I use it with almost every meal).

Not sure if you need it? Well I'm telling you I don't know how I cooked without it now that I own it.
on January 7, 2013
It's a cast iron press for cooking meats and such that would otherwise bulge or curl up and cook unevenly. It does this exactly as it should. I dinged it a star for having a bolt-on handle, rather than a molded one, which makes me question how long it'll be before a nut or screw falls off during cleaning and ends up down the drain. So, a simple bit of regular checking for tightness will be required, but it could be worse.

Other than this, I can't imagine it'll have any problems. It is, after all, cast iron. And even the most well-made bail handles (which some have remarked gets hot on this) will get hot with enough time, so don't let its being a bail handle lull you into trying to grab it without a pot holder. But, also don't knock it for not staying cool to the touch. It's all metal, and there's simply no way to stop it from conducting heat to every part of itself.

The recesses for the screws that have caused some to comment that food gets stuck in them actually aren't a problem, because, if you know how to properly care for cast iron, you know that you scrub it with a brush under hot water, which will get rid of most of that crud, then you place it on the stove or in the oven for several minutes to heat-dry, which sterilizes anything left in or on it, before coating it with Crisco or other oil/fat to prevent rust, which will also prevent any new germs from getting into the now-sterile recesses to grow on any bits of food that didn't get burned to charcoal when it was dried.

Overall, it's exactly what I expected--including the bolt-on handle, which is clear from the pictures, but it's still a less-than-ideal design compared to a molded handle, so, again, that cost it a star--and I'm sure it'll last longer than I'll be alive. Gotta love something that's so durable you know for certain it'll even outlast you. :)
on July 26, 2012
 What a really neat piece to add to your cooking arsenal! Matt did a video review on this piece and goes over the quality and the different ways that he uses it.

This is so typical "Lodge", and what I mean by that is the quality of it. It's exactly what you might expect from Lodge. My husband was not disappointed with this at all. He loves it!
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
I liked this press so much I bought two. I have one at home and one at the cabin. I had never used one before but just put the bacon in your favorite cast iron skillet, place the press on top and cook on medium heat. No more curling up, very little splatter and the crispiest bacon you ever ate!