Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 12"|Color: Black|Change
Price:$84.95+ Free shipping

on October 9, 2013
Several reviewers wrote that they received this product with the lid shattered. I ordered it anyway because the overall product reviews were very good. When I opened the shipping box, which was way too large, there was a lot of packing material on top of the product box, but only one sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom. As soon as I lifted the product box out of the shipping box, I could hear something rattling around...and glass shards began to spill out of any open space of the box. I never even bothered to open it up because I didn't want a bigger mess to clean up. I have always had excellent packaging from Amazon and it's sellers. In the many years I've been shopping Amazon, I can't recall ever receiving a damaged item, so that's a pretty good track record overall. My main disappointment is that this seems to be an issue with this particular item, and I would think that a better effort to ship it properly could be made. On top of that, I could not get an automatic replacement, I would have to return the damaged one and reorder a new one. In the 3 days since I ordered the frying pan, the price went up $5. So between the hassle of the return and the re-order, and the price increase, I'm not going to purchase the pan again. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to using it. :( I've given it 3 stars because I can't fairly give the product a bad review, just the shipping and handling of it.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
We have several Lodge products and LOVE them all. Made in USA, lead-free product. We have just about switched out all our copper bottom, stainless cookwear for cast iron. I highly reccommend Lodge cast iron products. They are preseasoned and come with a small booklet that is a handy basic "cast iron 101" guide.
on November 27, 2011
I cook absolutely EVERYTHING with this skillet! I was raised on cast iron and was lacking any of my own when I first got married. I haven't found any other pan that cooks the way I want short of cast iron. This was a reasonable price and included a lid which is very helpful. So long as you know proper care of cast iron, this item will not disappoint.
on August 1, 2014
Having read several reviews by Amazon readers stating the glass lid was shattered, I contacted the seller when I placed my order. I was delighted to connect to a professional and caring customer service rep who made sure my order was well-packed and all arrived perfectly and QUICKLY. Plus - superb price. The 10.5 skillet is extremely beautiful, well made, cooks food well and the glass lid is lighter than expected. I am very satisfied with this purchase.
on March 12, 2013
We have an induction range and a beautiful set of stainless steel cookware. We wanted the larger skillet and like having at least one cast-iron skillet that we can move from stovetop to oven and back. We hesitated because we feel that the cast-iron would scratch our glass top induction range. But when we learned that we could just put a piece of parchment paper under the cast-iron skillet and protect the glass top we then decided to buy it. Works great. The induction range heats the cast-iron beautifully and with the extra handle on the skillet it's easy to take from the range top directed to the oven for finishing.
on September 4, 2014
I have used an 8" and a 10" version of this skillet for years and liked them. I finally broke down and purchased this 12 version after years of trying to cram too much into my 10" skillet and spilling things. The glass lid is convenient feature and I am pleased to report that mine arrived intact (June 2014). The bottom of the pan is nearly perfectly flat for today's modern flat-top ranges. My older skillets have a raised circle on the bottom, near the perimeter.

There are a few caveats with this large pan. It is obviously, much heavier than other 12" pans and my old 10" cast-iron pan. This pan is 7 lbs 12 oz. compared to my 10" pan (5 lbs 10 oz.). When pouring the contents out of the pan, the second handle opposite the primary handle is a helpful addition. This pan also seems to require a slightly higher setting on my range to compensate for all of the heat radiating off the larger pan. Either that or I need to wait a little longer for the whole pan to heat up before I start cooking.
on October 31, 2013
We had read that the lid might come broken but decided to give it a shot thinking that by this time the manufacturer would have realized that their packaging was insufficient. We didn't even have to open the package to know that the lid was shattered as there were pieces of glass lying in the outer Amazon box. Not Amazon's fault.
on June 24, 2013
I love this skillet! My son's doctor directed me to get rid of every synthetic non-stick pan, years ago. Since then, we've been collecting cast iron pans.

I love that this pre-seasoned skillet is naturally nonstick. It heats evenly and is wonderful for making Spanish rice. Even eggs come out perfect in this skillet.
on January 8, 2011
I called Lodge and they verified that this is the same skillet as the 12" L10SK3. This package includes the glass lid. Mine was packed OK by both Lodge and Amazon.
on August 25, 2014
I never did get the hang of stainless steel frying pans,....everything always stuck while cooking. I tried this skillet and started to have the same problems. Most items would stick to it and I would have to scrape it, re-clean and re-season it. My daughter used it one day and used Pam. It acted just like a non stick skillet. Now, I spray a bit of Pam in it followed by a bit of Canola or Olive Oil and it works great.