4.0 out of 5 stars Great effect that anyone can do!
Published on August 9, 2006 by Diamond Jim Tyler

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!
The light is not bright and impressive. It goes off not according to the instructions when just touching any metal object, but ONLY! when wrapped completely in the metal foil, which is noisy and hard to hide. Failure!
Published on March 24, 2005 by Yulia Bronstein

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!, March 24, 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Great effect that anyone can do!, August 9, 2006
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
This light does not illuminate a room. But if you follow the directions you can have fun with this item. I pretend to scoot my feet on the floor to cause a static charge and then magically the light bulb will come on in my hand. Or better yet I'll put the end of the light bulb in my mouth, scoot my feet, pull my ear and it comes on. Of course when you pull your ear again the light goes off. What's great about this item, is that you can immediately hand it out to your audience and they'll never figure out the trick (unless you do it poorly). My motto is that every trick is good trick if done well. I think the first reviewer was too harsh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncle Fester had to have it., November 25, 2011
Victoria Pratt (Alto, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
Bought this for an Uncle Fester costume prop. Our own Uncle Fester wrapped the wire from a twist tie around the base so he could light this up while it was in his mouth in true Addam's Family style. It was a hit throughout a Halloween party and would have kept on going if it was not dropped. It served our purpose and was worth the money. As an educational item, it has a bit of value, but more as a novelty item.

3.0 out of 5 stars bulb fun, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
i use this in a magic act. as long as they light up i am happy. so far so good

3.0 out of 5 stars Follow directions!, November 28, 2009
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
If you don't follow the directions, it may shatter, as in the case of my husband that left it on too long and it shattered....

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good!, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
I bought this for a school presentation for my 3rd grade son. After fooling with wire and a washer, we decided to try tin foil. Voila. The connection between the button on the bottom and the screw on the side needs to be made with something metal. Instructions on the side of the package are pretty useless. Once my son put a small piece of foil in his hand that covers the side and bottom of the lightbulb, the light flickered. Just what we needed for our Thomas Edison biography presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked as advertised, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
the person who used this is the same person who was dressed in the Uncle Fester costume...there could not have been more laughs

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of trouble, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
This is not "PRESTO" and you operate it effectively. It is not SIMPLE, and requires some enginuity to operate as an illusion. If you have never had one of these bulbs before, you can not just get it out of the box and present a trick or effect. Practice is required. It requires two elements, the bulb and some metal. You must incorperate some form of metal into your act. It must be a single piece of METAL that must come into contact with both the metal side and the metal bottom part of the bulb at the same time. No metal apparatus was included with the purchase of the bulb, you are left to your own devices. I am currently using a strip of aluminum fold. I would love some ideas as to how to present the "illusion" more effectively, other than putting foil and the bulb in your mouth. And as for the bulb....The bulb will light, and is moderately bright. Let us say that children are amused....but adults may not be as impressed with its brightness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cool, July 30, 2011
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
this trick is really simple but gets great reactions on little kids. Its easy,fun,and cheap...but the only problem is the durability after using it for a while the light stops working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Light Bulb trick, January 14, 2011
D. Jakway "doug-O!" (anywhere there's coffee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Light Bulb (Toy)
Gr8 product. Easy to photograph. It's not very bright (as the copy clearly states)Got a LOT of 'mileage' out of it.

Magic Light Bulb