I recently purchased the Logan Slide Sorter, which is fairly old tech, but very helpful in deciding which of the thousands of slides from my parents and my family that I want to scan and save to CD.

Published on July 8, 2009 by Phyllis M. Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
It works, tends to come apart when you move it so don't try with slides on th sorter. A little brighter light than what is recommended will help with darker slides I tried a compact floresent bulb which has less heat.
Published on February 18, 2008 by John

4.0 out of 5 stars the slide sorter is fine, but don't buy suggested lamp or transformer!, July 8, 2009
This review is from: Logan 1055 E-Z View Flat Folding Slide Sorter for 40 Slides 12 x 16in. 750485 (Electronics)

I just wanted to warn other purchasers that the suggested Panavue Transformer and Panavue Replacement Lamp that are recommended on the Amazon site, to be purchased with the Logan Slide Sorter, are TOTALLY incompatible for the Logan Slide Sorter. Do not order them, or you will have to go through the hassle of not only returning them, but paying the return postage!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro's and con's, February 8, 2008
Pro's - easy to assemble and set up. Ability to review lots of slides at one time. Ability to review and arrange slides in the order you prefer.

Con's - The 60 watt they recommend does not give alot of light, need a little more illumination. Shelves the slides rest on are a little narrow, a slight bump of the slide and it will fall off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and practical, August 19, 2007
This is a sturdy, easy-to-assemble (less than a minute) slide-sorting aid. Using a flourescent lightbulb keeps the heat-production to a minimum. I especially like that it folds flat for storage.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic., January 27, 2010
Gary Peterson (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've had a Logan Slide Sorter for decades and it finally turned yellow with age. No problem, it still works fine. Recently, I tried to buy another as I have a huge supply (about 7000) of slides taken long in the past and I use the sorter to organize them for a variety of purposes. Well, new sorters are real hard to find and rather expensive when you find one. I finally found one at an obscure camera shop and it's practically identical to my decades-old model. Well, that figures, 35mm slides are becoming a thing of the past and everyone is going digital theses days. So am I. But I need to convert some of my slides to a digital format and the first step is sorting them out prior to conversion. The classic Logan Slide Sorters work splendidly. Alas, I miss the old days.

Gary Peterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Slide Sorter Works as Expected, April 30, 2009
jyoung (Leucadia, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I owned this product decades ago but got rid of it when I assumed I was done with slides. But I recently decided to convert 3000+ old family slides to digital format and needed to sort through them because its too expensive to convert the bad ones.

This product seems unchanged from what I owned years ago and works just fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, February 18, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for quick slide reference, February 16, 2006
Mark F. Seaman (Riverton, UT United States) - See all my reviews
Have to supply your own light bulb. The plastic display was marred, but does not appear to affect the viewing of slides. Like the way it folds for storage

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking design quality, July 6, 2010
I bought this sorter to review a large number of slides. My choice was poor, I did not realise that the image size would be inadequate to determine the clarity (and sometimes content) of my slides. I ended up buying a Panavue Automatic Sorter which is easier to load and gives a large clear image. This one may be best if you only want to consider the order in which you arrange the slides.

The sorter itself is difficult to use because the sorting surface does not fit well on the frame and periodically "pops off" scattering the slides. I fixed mine by taping the surface to the frame. Considering the quality, this item is over priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Tool, February 16, 2009
Gaye England (Salt Lake City Utah) - See all my reviews
We are very happy with our recent purchase of the slide viewer/sorter box. It arrive quickly and was in excellent condition. It will be a life-saving tool for sorting through our thousands of slides!

1.0 out of 5 stars Logan Electric EZ view Slide Sorter Lightbox, August 26, 2011
Item is not very sturdy. Slide tray does not fit properly and frequently pops off. Metal case is warped or bent making it impossible to fit tightly. Disappointed in the lack of quality and workmanship given the cost of it and the fact that its something I need to use frequently. Manufacturers should consider correcting these issues since they are only one of a few if any still making this type of product.