Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 87 questions
votes
Enamel-coated cast iron has it uses, as does regular cast iron. Enameled cast iron is great, particularly with Dutch or French ovens when slow cooking is desired. The enamel coating is not as reactive as plain cast iron allowing for slow basting of reactive ingredients such as tomato sauce (acidic). Tomato sauce cooked for an extended time in a plain cast iron pot will react with the cast iron and also has the potential of stripping off the very carefully cultivated seasoning on your pan. 'Naked' cast iron is great for searing and cooking meat because you can safely turn up the heat under your plain cast iron (something you should never do with enameled cast iron). Enameled cast iron should not be used with burners over the medium setting, limiting their usefulness in searing meat. I have both types and use them for different types of cooking. For a grill pan such as this one...my preference is this pre-seasoned Lodge pan and NOT an enameled version of the same.
Nov 8, 2013 by z
vote
Yes, it has USA stamped on the bottom of the pan.
May 4, 2013 by Tronesia T.
votes
We use the pan on a regular basis and have no issues with weight of the pan. It is the perfect size. After several surgeries on my left arm I have trouble lifting the 12inch Lodge cast iron pan, but not this one. The ridges are deep enough to separate the chicken breasts, steak or hamburger from the fat in the bottom of the pan with an even cooking surface. I LOVE IT! I have no trouble with anything sticking to the pan either. It is a great and essential addition to my cookware.
May 7, 2014 by Kim Hammon
votes
6 lbs. and 11 oz. Less than a gallon of milk. Happy sizzlin.
May 21, 2013 by Jasaw1
votes
not with proper care - suggest using a cooking spray like "Pam" before cooking. Then add water as soon as the food is removed to emulsify the remaining particles in the pan. Wash in sink with hot water and a nylon scrubber or brush to remove any stubborn remnants. After washing dry off the outside of the pan and place back on the stove and heat for 1-2 minutes to dry the inside. There is a Lodge scraper designed for cleaning the pan - see http://tinyurl.com/l5aslzd for the Amazon listing. It works well. Don't use detergent in the p
Dec 9, 2013 by Peter J. Houck
votes
We found it ready to use -- a nice pan. We would recommend getting the glass cover in addition (even though it more than doubles the price). It's an odd shape and having the cover allows a perfect fit.
May 21, 2014 by Paul M. Brinich
votes
This pan weighs about 7 pounds.
Jan 3, 2014 by Lisa Hight
votes
yes, it can be used on an outdoor gas grill. It is great for carmelizing onions or sauteing up chopped vegetables.
Feb 16, 2013 by Raindrop
votes
where is it made Jun 28, 2014
USA
Jun 28, 2014 by M. Viehoefer
votes
I called Lodge, being interested myself, and they told me they will have a glass cover for it next week. It's rated to 400 degrees in the oven. Part #GCSQ10. Hope this helps.
Mar 14, 2013 by Jeffrey Fink
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers