Questions & Answers
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,218)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 100 questions
votes
Lodge Manufacturing's small line of enamel-coated cookware is imported from China. All the rest of its cast-iron cookware branded Lodge or Lodge Logic is made (and quite well, I would add) in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, USA.
Dec 1, 2010 by Wesley Everett
vote
I have not used this specific Lodge product on charcoal but I have used a very simple one with a different handle. I think it will work fine. You will need to position the top so the handles are not overlapping making it easy to remove the lid to check the contents when cooking. Cast iron is very durable and can be used on the stove top, in the oven, on a fire or even in coals.
Feb 14, 2014 by JP
vote
recipes Nov 28, 2013
My two main sources are Foodnetwork.com and then I click on Alton Brown. His fried chicken recipe for the cast iron is why I bought it. My second main source is the whole foods app. It's great because it has an "on hand" feature. So plug in what ya got and it will give back recipes using those ingredients.
Nov 29, 2013 by David Gold
vote
I did have a couple of sticks the first few times I used it, but as you use it, it gets to where it won't stick anymore. Althought it's "seasoned", it's not like that "black" cast iron skillet your mom has. It takes time to get it to "black" which is when it is really good!
Feb 12, 2014 by crackerjacknewton
vote
The deep pan is 3.25 inches deep, diameter is about 10 inches.
Dec 26, 2013 by JboneCA
vote
It came in a sturdy box but I don't have tha box anymore. As it is now I measured from front end to the other end (lenght) is 17", side to side (width) is 11", and 5" top to bottom (depth) stacked.
Oct 21, 2013 by Linda Haddon
vote
I have not used this camping, however; I see no reason why this combo would not work. The Meat Rack would be an extra safety measure to prevent scorching. The combination is great..I love it. You can make corn bread or use both for a beautiful roast. I use the bottom for frying chicken, fish, veg. Getting back to your question...I believe the Lodge Trivet /Meat Rack will work splendidly...It's great for searing your meat prior to adding your onions, wine, chicken stock, tomato's etc...I hope this was helpful....
Nov 13, 2013 by sunshine
vote
No, it's smooth like regular fry pan - I love this for making artisan bread in & frying chicken! It's one of my favorite pots, it's small & we're a family of 5, but I brown the chicken a few pieces at a time, put it all back in, put the lid on & cook until it's done - amazing! The bread I bake in it turns out perfectly every time & I've used the lid to fry eggs & other misc. things. Can't beat this little gem for the price & functionality.
Sep 5, 2013 by E. Johnson
vote
The BASE of the pan is 8 inches on the inside, 8.5 inches on the outside.
Jan 8, 2013 by Christina
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers