5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
Published on December 1, 2011 by Erin

3.0 out of 5 stars It works.
I bought this (like many others) because my headphone jack had broken on my laptop. As far as sound quality goes, it is par with my laptops sound card (as far as I can tell).

Pros: It works. Sound quality isn't bad.

Published on July 12, 2012 by Aarikz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I recently bought a cheaper $3 audio adapter, which worked pretty well for about a week, but it was poorly built, and encased in a large plastic box which stuck right out of my laptop and was very inconvenient. Needless to say, after a week it just quit working, even after I had been very careful not to bump or yank on it. I dropped $15 on this logitech version and can honestly say it was worth it. The small length of cord allowed it to be flexible enough to keep from getting broken and Logitech is a trusted name brand as far as I am concerned. It even came in a nice magnetically sealing fitted box which is great to store it in. I definitely recommend this over a cheaper version.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works., July 12, 2012
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)

Pros: It works. Sound quality isn't bad.

Cons: The price is a bit steep in comparison to a few other usb audio drivers found on Amazon, but I decided to go with this logitech since it was a brand I knew.

The design of the USB is convenient and doesn't block other ports, but is also a major flaw. Due to the weight of it, if you leave it hanging it will continually disconnect and reconnect the driver (though not a major problem if you're on a flat surface).

The worst part about this device (mentioned a few times already) is that it cuts into static. And whenever that happens, I would have to plug and unplug the driver, and restart any application that was running if I want to hear sound on it again. It is very inconvenient for gaming.

Other Thoughts: It is good for a temporary replacement, but if you are looking for something long term, I'd look somewhere else. You might get better luck with the other brands that are offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars plug and go, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
plugged it in, everything just worked. no hassle with setup, it just did what it was supposed to do. works great!

(Running OSX Lion, imac 27")

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, with a (possible) catch, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I ordered this adapter to serve as a replacement for the no longer functioning 3.5mm audio-out jack on my older Dell laptop (running Windows XP). It works exactly as advertised - I plugged it into an open USB port, and Windows immediately recognized it as a USB audio device. The sound quality is nothing to write home about, but neither is it terrible - again, it's exactly as advertised.

There was, however, one strange issue that cropped up; which I am at a loss to explain. For some reason, whenever I would open a flash or javascript heavy website in Firefox, while playing audio (from any source), the sound would crackle, buzz, break up, or pop. This distortion *only* occurs while running Firefox, and does not occur when loading the same pages in IE or Chrome; nor have I heard any distortion at any time while running other applications. I haven't (yet) been able to find *any* reason why it does this, or even another person for whom it has the same error; so your mileage may vary. Just be aware that it is a possibility if your preferred browser is Firefox.

I give it 5 stars for simple functionality as advertised; minus one star for a very strange potential compatibility issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great USB Sound Card, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
Bought one of those cheap USB sound cards and it had a lot of noise. And I mean a LOT.

Searched around and found this Logitech USB. And this one has no noise that is audible. The S/N ratio is great! Using it with Win7 64bit.

Don't waste your time with those $5 cheap USB sound cards. This is the one to get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible and Works well, February 15, 2012
David Jones (LAS VEGAS, NV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I have one of these that came with a headset that broke a long time ago, so I already knew its quality. When my wife and I got new headphones I gave her mine and was pleased to find this to order for myself. So far it works every bit as well as the one I already had.

Its flexible, and holds the headphone jack in snugly. Windows 7 recognizes and installs it without issue and its a simple matter of using windows' built in ability to switch between audio output.

The first real test was the Mass Effect 3 PC demo and I could detect no issues with sound, nor any difference between going directly to the soundcard. It was worth paying a little extra for the brand and the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly On My Mac, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I have a Macbook Pro that I partitioned and installed Windows 7 on for gaming. However, i found out that Macbooks do not have a dedicated microphone jack and would not recognize the Microphone on my headset. Enter this adapter: I was worried at first because of previous reviews about loose connections, but so far, I've had great luck with it. My headset microphone sounds wonderful through it and the USB jack was the perfect fix.

I'll update this if i encounter any problems with it in the future, but for now, i would highly recommend this adapter to anyone in a similar situation. Logitech is a trusted name, and so far, it has yet to disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter, February 17, 2013
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I was unable to use the dragon naturally speaking system with my Apple Mac Computer, until I got this Audio Adapter.
The delivery was on time and the packaging was secured. I would recommend this product too others.
Thank You... Cindy California USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device!, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
My wife uses her laptop to play music for her DJ Service, using her headphone jack as a line-out into her sound board. Unfortunately the headphone jack cracked and the connection was lost. I searched Amazon.com and found the Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter. It was exactly what we needed. Just by plugging it into an available USB port it took over and allowed both headphone and mic to be run from the USB Adapter. No settings had to be changed. This is a great tool and saved us a lot of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows RT 8.1, October 30, 2013
This review is from: Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (Kitchen)
I was hesitant in buying this only because I wasn't sure it would work with Windows RT 8.1. After receiving the Logitech USB adapter, plugged it in and the drivers began installing, though it took about 3-4 minutes to complete. It was stuck around 60% for quite a while but eventually finished. When plugged into the USB port it creates an extra playback device in the volume settings (Speakers USB). The volume was outstanding and definitely improved the quality of sound compared to the built-in headphone jack on my tablet (Asus VivoTab RT TF600T). I'm not sure if it will work for every Windows RT device but worth the try for much better sound quality.

Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter