4.0 out of 5 stars Finest USB headset I have ever used.
Published on April 24, 2009 by Xenoaroe

3.0 out of 5 stars Great audio positioning, lackluster quality
Published on July 5, 2009 by El.Magio

4.0 out of 5 stars Finest USB headset I have ever used., April 24, 2009
Xenoaroe (Riverview, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Headset (Personal Computers)
Logitech's G35 really sets a mark for gaming headsets. Other surround sound headsets that I have used have been large and uncomfortable after sustained use, however the G35 has an adjustable headband and comes with three different cushions for whatever shape head you may have. The cups are padded rather nicely and do a pretty decent job of blocking out ambient sound. The USB cord is sleeved and the whole thing really feels well crafted. Features like the microphone automuting when you put it in the upright position make you wonder why this hasn't been done with every headset on the market.

The software is simple and easy to use, however i found it somewhat limited. The only balance controls are for bass and treble, with no presets or anything like that for types of music. There is no control over the surround sound to balance your own levels or test it; the only thing you can do is turn the surround sound on and off using the manual switch on the back of the left cup. The customizable buttons are a great concept and comes with custom actions for programs like Itunes, Windows Media Player and Ventrilo, however it lacks Teamspeak support. The voice morphing is fun, but superfluous. For the price of this headset I would like a little bit more technical features and control over the sound. Note: the program uses 19MB of memory when you are using the headset, but on my laptop (Intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz, 2 gigs of ram) I haven't noticed a performance decrease.

The sound quality is superb for a USB headset. It doesn't sound as good as my Creative X-Fi sound card, but it definitely gets the job done. I haven't heard any distortions or crackling while gaming, and the directionality of the sound is very distinct and enhances gaming for sure. The low end is undistorted and you can actually feel explosions and things of the sort. The microphone records crisp and clear, and while the microphone is advertised as noise canceling, it occasionally picks up some background noise.

130$ is a lot for a headset, but these things deliver. I'd prefer some more control over the more technical aspects of the sound, but I am satisfied and have enjoyed using this device. If money isn't an object, go ahead and pick yourself up a pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Fun., June 21, 2009
Sheryl Katz (Chatsworth, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These headphones are a lot of fun.

I'm not a gamer - can't play many games because I get dizzy, but I am sort of a collector of headphones. Frankly, I expected these to be awful and was more than pleasantly surprised to find that they are really quite good.

OK, so they look like some kind of boy toy science fiction gizmo. For me, I could do without all the buttons. But having a volume button on the headphone and a mute for the mic is very useful.

Most headphones depend upon the right combination of source and headphone to get a good sound. If you plug most high end headphones directly into your ipod or computer soundcard the sound quality is atrocious. The right mate of source and sound can mean that the right $20 headphone in your ipod can give surprisingly good sound if it is a good match.

The good (and the bad) of a USB headset is that it bypasses the amp in your computer soundcard. Instead, the digital to audio processing occurs through USB. This approach can allow very high quality sound, and in the case of this headset, it succeeds.

As to sound quality. I am impressed with the surround sound where normally I find surround unbearably processed and artificial, the software does a good job. With the surround sound turned off, and these headphones are in pure stereo mode, forget it, it's awful. But that isn't what these headphones are for. Bass is excellent with good low extension and not even the slightest touch of boominess. Artifical bass enhancement is one of the things I hate about most processed sound, and I was delighted to find that none was present. Logitech is to be commended for making that choice in the design because most people equate sloppy boomy bass with high quality (think car stereo woofer).

The mid range is outstanding. That's where the sound really excels. I have a few very high end headphones where the midrange is weak. With these headphones subtleties of tone and shading in human voices are easy to hear.

The high end of the sound spectrum is the weakness of the sound signature. Lost highs are the big price for processed sound. Imagine a bell ringing. After the bell rings the sound hangs in the air and slowly fades. When the highest highs are lost, and the sound is processed, the sound gets artifically cut off and the "air" is gone from the sound. At the present state of technology this seems to be unavoidable in all processed sound. The good news with this headset is that this loss of highs is not too horribly bad. I could listen to music (which is not what these are for) and it was not too distracting. The offset was the beautiful mids and the realistic sound stage.

Listening to movies, other than gaming, is where this headset excels. This is where location of sound can make a huge difference, and the ambiant sounds contribute to the experience. Watching a movie with these headset while sitting right in front of my computer screen is immersive and exciting. I can imagine that in games, where location of sounds is critical, that these would greatly enhance the experience and give the player an extra edge.

Finally, they are pretty comfortable. The choice of cushioning is very appreciated.

My partner and I both want to use them. I was given these to review but I might have to buy another set. The price, when you consider that it includes the digital audio converter and amplification, is very reasonable for a headset of this quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live without these for so long?!, August 20, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are a gamer, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have this headset. It can seem a bit pricey but when compared to other brands, Logitech often runs a bit cheaper but doesn't sacrifice quality in any way. Our peripherals are almost entirely from Logitech and they have never let us down. This headset is no exception. The installation was simple. You just pop in the included CD and install the software, plug in the headset, and you're done. You don't even have to install the special software if you don't want to, but if you want to make use of the G buttons and the hilarious voice changer you will want to install it. I was impatient and just plugged the headset in and started up World of Warcraft. I was completely stunned at the number of sounds I could hear that I had never heard before. I have a nice surround sound set for my computer and I've never desired for anything more than what I had because I've always had rich, clear sound from my speakers. But this is a whole different experience. I could hear the scattering feet of little creatures nearby, I could hear birds I'd never heard before, I heard details in the music itself that had just never been detected before. I immediately felt like I was *in* the world. I hopped into Age of Conan and again, was blown away by all the things I'd never picked up on my speaker set. I could hear my mount breathing! I could clearly hear NPC voices in the distance and I heard waves crashing against a nearby dock. All things I'd never picked up before. Rinse and repeat with EverQuest II. This headset alone made my husband and I want to replay some of our favorite PC games like Dark Messiah and Assassin's Creed.

Sound quality aside, this headset has some unique features that will definitely make your gaming experience more seamless. The three "G" buttons can be assigned to all kinds of different tasks, like controlling your media player in the background without ever switching out of your game. This was a big hook for me as I very often listen to my own music when playing. I also absolutely love the microphone. It's totally flexible and adjustable and I do not have to worry about it breaking, ever! The mic auto-mutes when you move it away from my mouth. How cool is that?! It also has a mute button if you prefer as well. The volume button is also great and easy to get at. I only play in the evenings when my little ones are in bed and if I hear something on the baby monitor, I can immediately silence the sound without removing the headset. A huge plus for me.

The headset is also super comfy to wear and comes with three different "pads" that you can switch out to find which is most comfortable for you. It's highly adjustable and has number notches on the band so you can remember your perfect setting if the headset is shared with others. Also a plus! The earpieces themselves are on durable swivel bases so it fits just right to the shape of your head rather than digging into the side of your face. They are pretty lightweight considering the size, much lighter than I thought they would be. I can easily wear them for several hours and have no discomfort. Even my favorite earbuds can't say that. Overall, the headset is a nice size, not too bulky but big enough to completely surround the ear and very effectively reduce most external noise, which really really helps you get into the game. Get yourself a big, bright LCD monitor and this headset and you will be completely immersed. I am hooked all over again on my favorite games as this headset has literally breathed new life into my PC gaming experience. I haven't tried these with my Wii yet, but I would assume they would work in any of the USB slots and the strong braided cord is 10 feet long, so I can see myself taking advantage of that as well. The entire headset just simply feels durable and expensive. It would take a lot of abuse to break this baby. It looks like it can withstand just about anything. Absolutely recommended for avid gamers who seek total immersion or even audiophiles who love to maximize the sound quality of their music. You can't lose with this headset!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great audio positioning, lackluster quality, July 5, 2009
For the past half-year, I've been using a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound card and a pair of Sony MDR-NC40 headphones. The combination provides wonderful control over sound quality, whether in music, media, or gaming. However, the CMSS Headphone "Virtual Surround" technology that the Creative cards use isn't particularly impressive to me. It works incredibly well for some people, but it doesn't "cut it" in my case.

Today, I purchased a G35. I was incredibly eager to try it out because, wherever I looked, the headset got positively glowing reviews, praising the clarity of the headset and the impressiveness of the Dolby 7.1 Virtual Surround soundfield. Driver installation was simple enough; I downloaded the proper driver from the Logitech website and installed it. I didn't have to restart my computer, which I always find to be a plus.

I plugged in the phones, fired up a DTS demo, and... it sounded terrible. I went into the drivers and tried playing with the provided settings. Unfortunately, the "equalizer" consisted of simply main volume, bass, treble, and mic volume. This was pretty disappointing to me. Every sound card I had ever used had had at the very least a 10-band equalizer, if not 12- or 24-band. In short, I couldn't customize the G35 to have anywhere near the audio quality of what I had before.

I will say this; the Virtual Surround positioning is indeed excellent. It's the best virtualization of a 7.1 surround sound system that I've ever heard. That said, I can't sacrifice quality sound for "more" sound.

If you don't use a discrete sound card with your PC, then you'll probably think that the G35 sounds like audio heaven. If you have used a discrete sound card and a decent pair of headphones, you probably won't be particularly impressed. If you do end up getting a G35, I'd suggest purchasing a pair from a location with a no-questions-asked return policy, just in case it's not what you thought it'd be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality. Looks very sturdy. Breaks quickly. [Updated Feb 2014], December 24, 2013
weirdphil (TX United States) - See all my reviews
I've previously used a Turtle Beach x12 with the DSS adapter for true 5.1 and simulated 7.1 surround. The turtle beach was great until one of the earpieces broke off after about a year of regular use. I take care of my headsets, I hang them up on a spot where they won't fall to the floor while I'm not wearing them. I like to take great care of my hardware so it can last as long as possible. The Turtle Beach was broken and I needed something else that looked sturdier, with earpieces that weren't held in with pegs. I saw the Logitech G35 on sale for almost half off, and it was a truly superior product in every way... until it broke 3 months later. Same deal, regular use, an earpiece is now falling off as I type this. This is very frustrating to spend so much money on something that looks as sturdy as this does. I see metal and screws, great sign in my opinion. The plastic around the screws is falling apart and the earpiece is not sitting tightly against my head as it used to. It cost twice as much as the Turtle Beach and lasted half as long. Very disappointing considering the price tag and the quality of the audio. The mic is great and mutes when you turn it vertical, and has buttons on the side panel that you can customize. Luckily, Turtle Beach replaced my X12 for free. Now I need to get this one replaced. The serial number is tucked underneath the headband and is extremely small, you'll need a magnifying glass to read it. I'm about ready to swear off using any other Logitech products in the future based on this experience.

Update: Feb 17 2014
The replacement headset Logitech sent me weeks after I contacted them did finally arrive, only now the replacement is already breaking in the very same way the original had, except on the right ear instead of the left ear. Honestly, I love the headset, but I cannot recommend this product with a straight face. This is very cheap plastic. I took better care of the replacement than the original. I pick them up, put them on my head, and hang them up when I'm done using them. I don't drop these things, I don't throw them around, I take very good care of my equipment. This is absolutely garbage and it's terrible that such a good headset has such a horrible design flaw. I refuse to contact Logitech every month for a replacement, this is absolute horse crap. Now, I'm looking for stainless steel replacement parts.

This is a warning to anyone, even a casual user of headsets, who may be thinking of purchasing this particular headset.
DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. PRODUCT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome headphones... but don't buy them., July 29, 2014
These headphones are awesome... but don't buy them. I've purchased 4 sets of these headphones. They are some of the best headphones I've had for gaming especially the position-aware boom mic, but seriously, don't buy them. Logitech has a serious manufacturing issues with these and they crack right where the earphone connects with the headband on both sides. The plastic they use in this spot is super brittle at this connection point and even if you are careful they WILL crack and eventually break from just regular use. $120 headphones should not have this problem. Google image search "logitech g35 crack" to see this is a very common issue. The frustrating bit is that Logitech gave me the run-around EVERY SINGLE TIME I tried to have mine serviced for warranty even though they know this is a known manufacturing issue (and why they are discontinuing this product, per a logitech rep at PAX-East).

I love these, but I'm done with the G35's and replacing them every 6 months. I'm switching over to the G430's, similar sound and much lighter, but no smart boom mic. The mute switch is on the cable and no indicator to tell you when you're muted vs when it's not, but at least there's an included USB adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones provide surround sound, October 26, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used these headphones for a couple months now - I probably should have written my review already, but I wanted to give them some real use before using them. I use them on Windows Vista 64, with a gaming laptop.

I am amazed at the quality of the surround sound. First thing I did with them was to go to Second Life and watch a movie at the drive the theater there. And a motor scooter went past on my right side, from back to front. PERFECT sound location.

I talked to some people with the mic. They all thought the sound was great.

Next I tried playing WoW (Worlds of Warcrsft). I always use the sound, and I was disappointed that I was getting no sound location. Then I turned on the advanced sound. Much better - I could at least tell the approximate direction of an attack I could not see.

WoW has a problem - every now and then when things get very busy, the sound is turned off by the game so that it has less to do. The game does it, the sound is turned off in the game options spontaneously, and you have to turn it on again. This happens just as often using the sound hardware and drivers in the headphone as it does the sound hardware and drivers built into my laptop, so my guess is that the headphone sound drivers don't slow the game down.

Vent works fine with the headphones. They show up as G35 mic and G35 headphone

The headphones provide a good level of isolation from the room sound. There are two issues. One is that they are heavy. After some hours, they become uncomfortable because of the weight. I suspect individual tolerance will vary, and if you play with your head supported like in a recliner you will be able to tolerate the weight better.

They are about as comfortable as they can be for their weight and size - with three interchangable head pieces to match your head shape, and the ability to extend the earpieces to fit even a very large head (I wear a size 8 hat, they fit me, and still have a click to go).

The mic is designed to be pushed up and back, out of the way against the head strap. This is supposed to be so that you can have it out of your face when you are not using it, and it also mutes when pushed back (it can be set to light up when it is muted). This allows you to brush it back and not be heard by others, and then move it forward and they can hear, assuming you are using voice activated game sound.

After about six weeks of daily use, the mic started descending of its own weight. It is "hinged" where it attaches to the headset and when you push it up the mic just slowly descends over a few seconds. This means that the "push the mic out of the way and it mutes" function is essentially broken, since the mic is not staying back.

I assume Logitech would replace the phones if asked - but I don't want to give them up.

I gave the headphones 5 stars despite the weight and despite the mic problem since I almost always want the mic where I can talk and I use a mouse button for push to talk. If these factors matter to you you might consider them in your decision.

But I just do not know how you can hear something all out of one ear and still get a front-back "location" out of headsets that are sealed. Obviously the driver or headsets are doing something with phasing and repeating the sound from one headset to the other to make you have more than simple side to side location. This is really why I gave them 5 stars. Being able to do full 2d apparrent location positioning in a headset is just an amazing feat, well worth the rating.

The Windows installation was smooth.

This is probably the absolute best headset gaming on the market. No one ever complains about my mic on vent anymore. The good seal around the ears means that there is never any feedback or echo. I can understand people if anyone can, and if I need to quickly adjust my level because someone is blasting or feeding back, the roller on the side of the headset works perfectly and is right there.

But you really can't do top quality sound and isolation without mass. Light headsets are always deficient in something - the specs may be amazing but they just don't sound right to my ears. This headset sounds perfect. And these headsets take the issue of, "we will not be deficient in sound in any way - no compromise". I appreciate that - but after 8 hours or so they have to come off.

Finally, I will point out that they do not use your existing sound system in any way. They plug in using USB and windows sees them as a completely different set of sound hardware. In fact, if you are careful, you can set up so that (say) music comes out of your system speakers, using one player, and your game sound comes out of the headset. Or if your sound is broken, or is lame, well, these take the digital stream and all the reproduction is done in the headset. This is actually a good thing, as long as you have a USB plug available.

The USB cord is high quality. Everything is top notch except for that silly hinge, and that is not important enough to me to get fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Gaming Headset, September 28, 2009
For many years I have been using a Speedlink 5.1 headset for gaming purposes. Recently, at my own fault, I broke those headphones which at the time cost over $200. This turned into a blessing in disguise.

After reading various reviews, I somewhat reluctantly decided to try these G35's out. The price was 1/2 of what I paid for the Speedlink's, but I was concerned about these being USB headphones which meant that they wouldn't be using my quality SB sound card. Frankly I needn't have worried. These headphones are absolutely tremendous for gaming and easily beat out my much more expensive Speedlink's in terms of positional audio. Besides testing it out with the demo, which had me looking all over the room it was that accurate, I have also used them in Batman Arkham Asylum. Thundering sound that absolutely transforms the game even coming from a previous 5.1 setup (the G35's are 7.1). I cannot say enough about these headphones for gaming. I also tested these with various forms of music and for that they are good but not exceptional.

Installation was very simple with the included CD which automatically went out and got the latest drivers from Logitech. The control panel is very simple to use for basic tone adjustments as well as programming the side buttons and any voice effects you may want. My only gripe is that they don't appear to allow you to disable the side buttons. I really don't have a need for them and find it somewhat easy to accidentally bump them which then brings up programs you didn't want. This, however, is a minor issue.

If you are a gamer looking to get great positional audio at a tremendous price then these headphones are definitely for you. For pure music I'd look elsewhere, but one likely would anyway as surround sound equipped headphones (which you can disable and should for music) aren't intended primarily for music use.

Update: After using the headset for about a month, I do have some updated points. First, I have found that over longer gaming sessions this headset can get uncomfortable. They press quite a bit and I found my self readjusting them to try and get some relief. The Speedlinks I mentioned earlier could be worn for hours on end with no discomfort. If you are playing in short bursts it may not be an issue, but if you have extended sessions then these things do get quite uncomfortable. A second point relates to the mic light and support. The microphone has a little red light on it that defaults to "on when muted". There is a setting in the software that enables you to turn this light off at all times. Unfortunately this setting does not save and thus on reboot it goes back to "on when muted" while all the other presets do save their settings. I emailed Logitech about this, but their support is horrendous. It has taken at least a week to get replies from them and their replies are extremely basic. After a week they suggested I reinstall the software (wow, it took you guys a whole week to come up with that gem?) When that didn't work, it took them another week to reply that I should try it on another computer. At this rate it will be months before we even get so far as to suggest trying a different USB port! Laughable support. Overall I still consider this a great headset, and the light issue while annoying isn't a deal killer, but the comfort is a disappointment. I would adjust my star rating to 4 if I could update that portion of the review. Logitech support gets a -10 by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was worried but now I am a BELIEVER, January 26, 2012
I almost did not buy these because of the few bad reviews it received and boy am I glad that I took a leap of faith in the brand that is Logitech. Let me list what I was looking for in a gaming headset and explain in more detail if the G35 fulfilled these requirements or not.

1. I wanted a headset that was going to enhance the gaming experience to a whole another level.
2. I wanted a comfortable headset that I could use for hours and hours.
3. I wanted my product to be made of quality material which would increase the chance of years of use.
4. I wanted it to be wired so that I can plug and go
5. I wanted a mic that was going to allow me to be heard clearly and drown any background noise.

Alright lets start with 1. I don't understand some of the negative comments on why this product does not sound great. When I plugged it in and downloaded the most recent software from logitech website for this product it sounded amazing. This headset is made for GAMING ON A PC NOT XBOX OR PS3 (maybe they have an adapter IDK) not really for music although I encountered no problem with listening to music through it. Lets be honest Im sure there are plenty of other headsets that are especially built for music and would blow the waters out of this headset BUT this headset is first and foremost for gaming, if you are looking for a headset for music look elsewhere. Let me note this is a VIRTUAL surround sound( meaning it has only two speakers physically built in the actual headset and that the surround sound is given via logitech software NOT be your sound card on your pc. ALSO...I read that people wanted an equalizer for the headset and logitech has provided that with the latest software update.
-I rate the SOUND QUALITY an A

2. I also read a lot of negative comments about the comfort of this headset, that it wraps your head like vise grips, and that it is too loose. Some of the people who wrote those comments must have had watermelon/peanut sized heads; maybe they did not see the 2 other pads that logitech gives you which you can switch out to make the headset tighter so it does not slip off your head.
These headsets are extremely comfortable...I was worried because all the reviews about this headset says that it is suppose to cover your ears entirely. I was worried because I have pretty big ears and my other headset (turtle beach) that I use for my xbox the padding on it rest on my upper ear and hours of playing make it really uncomfortable BUT with the G35 they completely cover my big ears and feel amazing even after hours of use. Also because they DO completely cover your ears it really drowns out any background noise, so if your girlfriend is yelling at you or your doorbell is ringing it might be difficult to hear with the sound blasting in the headset. But I found that you can still hear if you just reduce the sound the headset so if you r waiting for a pizza delivery you will be able to hear it.
With that said, Im 6 feet 4 so I don't have a small head but I don't have a huge head either so right out of the box the padding size felt great. But if you have a smaller head remember they provide you with two other size pads that u can place in. Also unless you r batman your ears will be completely covered.
-I rate the COMFORT an A

3. I wanted my product to be made of quality material. The g35 is made of what seems to be metal and a hard rubber shell which gives it both flexibility and strength. As I stated before they are comfortable and the metal like material does not reduce the comfort level at all. I traditionally take care of my things really well and I never throw them down in rage. With that said, just because these headset r made of metal and a strong rubber I would not go throwing it around like it was a football. Come on they are headsets...they are meant to be worn not thrown.
-I rate the QUALITY an A

4. Well, pretty simple I wanted it to be wired and it is (lol) the cord is VERY sturdy made to take abuse and long term. It looks to be a braided cord of some sort which I am seeing more often in gaming products...looks the same as my Razer Naga molten cord but thicker. I did read some comments about the cord being too long. They must have changed the length of it or maybe they did not but it does not seem to be crazy long...I would say just about the right length. As it is wired it is easy to transport and use when on the move...no problems...so far.
-I rate the plug and go/ wired an A

5. Finally, I wanted a mic that would allow me to be heard clearly and I have had no qualms from my friends about the quality or the clarity of my voice.
However, I was getting some "hate" from A friend about the sound of my new mouse buttons being too loud in the background. Now, when I use skype there is an option to play back the noise and my voice of my headset. AT FIRST, I could also hear my mouse clicking in the background, So what I did was go into the settings of my G35 and reduce the microphone noise then I used skype again to play back my voice and the background with the newly adjusted microphone volume; I could NOT hear the mouse clicking AND I could still clearly hear my voice like normal. I trust my friend but I think he is just bitter because I did not get the headset he recommended or maybe he has some crazy hearing ability that I cannot be for certain....What I am certain about is that when I adjusted the volume of the mic it helped reduced the background noise of my mouse clicking.
-I rate the mic an B ( for my friend)

So I hope this helped you decide whether to get the headset or not. As you can see I still ranked the headset 5 stars even with the complaint from a friend. If you do get it Im sure you wont regret it. Cheers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I pictured, but still quite good!, June 8, 2010
I didn't really know what to expect. I have a crappy headset that I have been using to play left 4 dead 2. I just use the computer speakers and leave the headband around my neck only utilizing the mic. I wanted a change. I play at night so in order to avoid waking up others I always had to keep the volume low, it was hard to tell where the infected(enemy)are and such. I got a great deal on these for a one day thing on another site. Windows detected them after plugging them in before installing the software. However i was disappointed to find out that in order to get surround sound you must install logitech's crapware. BTW you need to get it from the logitech website if you are using windows 7. After i installed their software is when i had a few problems. i wasn't getting any sound from anything but the mic. restarted. seemed to fix it for now. I have had to keep switching the playback device back to the headset though which i found a little odd.

Here is the lowdown from my point of view

Con's
-software is crap, my voice changer thing doesn't even work.
-software is a little confusing to customize to bind the buttons on the side.
-you can only bind the buttons to a music related program in their system(most are supported, itunes, WMP, Winamp etc.)
as you can see almost all my problems are not with the hardware but with some buggy drivers for windows 7 and annoying bloatware.
I have not had the problems that some have said where they hear some buzzing, the only time i hear background buzzing is on some youtube videos, but thats because the buzzing is part of the sound because the mic on their camera sucks. if i play a game or listen to music there is not white noise.

Pro's
-Cool looking, i love the muted mic light so you know if its muted.
-buttons you can bind on the side for listening to music while gaming.
-side volume control, AWESOME, love it
-surround sound, great for hearing the enemy as well as watching video and listening to music, everything is very clear.
-not too heavy, for the performance its fairly light actually
-comfortable, i rarely game more than 2 or 3 hours.
-cord is sturdy and LONG which is a huge bonus.
-good mic clarity

i have hear people having problems with them breaking at a certain joint. i don't see any real weaknesses in the build but i will update if i have any problems. I would definitely recommend this but maybe not so much for windows 7 yet

Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Headset