4.0 out of 5 stars Finest USB headset I have ever used.
Logitech's G35 really sets a mark for gaming headsets. Other surround sound headsets that I have used have been large and uncomfortable after sustained use, however the G35 has an adjustable headband and comes with three different cushions for whatever shape head you may have. The cups are padded rather nicely and do a pretty decent job of blocking out ambient sound...
Published on April 24, 2009 by Xenoaroe

3.0 out of 5 stars Great audio positioning, lackluster quality
For the past half-year, I've been using a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound card and a pair of Sony MDR-NC40 headphones. The combination provides wonderful control over sound quality, whether in music, media, or gaming. However, the CMSS Headphone "Virtual Surround" technology that the Creative cards use isn't particularly impressive to me. It works incredibly well for...
Published on July 5, 2009 by El.Magio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 484 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful sound quality, cheap material, no insulation., May 4, 2014
This review is from: Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Headset (Personal Computers)
The sound quality on these is terrible. If you have the surround sound turned off it sounds worse than the 1 dollar headphones you can get at the 99 cent store. When it is turned on the sound is barely ok, until you decide to turn the volume up, them you realize there's no base, and you can't use any equalizers because the headset can't handle it. The microphone picks up everything, there is no insulation so you can hear everything going on around you while wearing this headset. Don't waste your money, I wouldn't use these is someone paid me to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quailty build materials, February 28, 2014
Pros:
Great Sound
Good Noise Cancellation
Inexpensive

The reason I had to rate these at one stars is durability and poor phone support:
I have had a return these headsets 3 times:
1) Mic assembly broke.
2) Material around the speakers started to peel off.
3) Plastic piece around swivel arm broke.

I use them on a daily basis for work, It seems like they are made for the casual user.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., December 6, 2013
The sound is exceptional. However the drivers/software keep resetting with various games on origin. These are bulky and uncomfortable, the complete covering of outside sounds is problematic when life happens. And to add insult to injury, one of the ear pieces broke off after a couple of months.
I have had other breakage problems from Logitech, but the price point of those products was forgiveable and they lasted somewhat longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 3 gaming .. with G35, October 21, 2012
Itai Schweitzer (Tel Aviv, Israel) - See all my reviews
I bought these Logitech earphones back in 2011 when BF3 (battlefield 3) came out.
I have used these for hours and hours during the last year playing this game.
G35 have saved me from enemy knife 100s of times ..
You can hear so clear and so realistically, that playing hard core with no spotting or map is easy.
You hear enemy foot steps, Vehicles and aircraft positioning very correctly
I love this product.

last month there was some cosmetic issue developing with the headset and I contacted product support at Logitech.
The issue was some peeling off of the semi-leather that covers the ear cones which are placed over the ears.

Logitech asked for some visual proof of the product, defect and ownership.
After I sent all they asked, they promptly replaced the product with a bran new one.

I definitely recommend this product for ANY true gamer and also it is important to know Logitech backs its product for real!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good overall, lackluster build quality ruins it., March 4, 2012
I received this as a Christmas present in 2009. For a few months, it worked great, and the surround effect was outstanding. Software was a bit iffy, but it worked. However, one day (around July 2010), I knocked it off my desk and it fell about 3 feet onto soft carpet. The earpiece fell off exactly as in one of the customer pictures above. I was going to RMA it, but they needed my serial number. Logitech, in all their good wisdom, prints this serial number IN BLACK on a black product, making it absolutely impossible to discern. So I'm left with a useless headset and no solution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 2 weeks, June 11, 2014
I had bought these back in 2011 due to the great reviews. Not even 2 weeks later the plastic piece that holds the earcup to the head band shattered. Eventually did the same to the other side and only thing that held them together was duck tape. I ended up buying a pair of Corsairs vengeance 1500 of newegg and those took a beating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the Best Gaming Headset, November 12, 2010
Logitech have a history, at least in my experience, of producing top quality headsets for a good price. I got my G35 from a "dented box" deal on Logitech.com. I paid half the price of MSRP with free shipping, and it's been worth every penny! This is the best value surround sound gaming headset.

This isn't my first surround sound headset, I've also owned the SteelSeries 5Hv2 USB, which also supports 7.1 surround sound. Comparing both of these, I'd recommend the G35 for better overall quality. The only advantage the 5H has over the G35 is the directional sound quality. I've found that with the SteelSeries it's much easier to pinpoint the footsteps of enemy players in FPS games. Though I must admit, the difference is barely noticeable. For competitive gaming, the 5H is probably the better choice, especially since it's quite easy to pack up.

Everything else, the G35 does best. The ergonomics is incredibly well designed. The volume control, mute and three programmable buttons are on the left side ear cup of the headset. It's much better than in line headsets where, usually the volume and mute is on the cord. The cord by the way, is quite long as well. It's also USB only, so if you are thinking about using it with your current sound card, you might want to look into something else.

I don't know why you'd want to do that though, the sound quality is amazing. Especially games and movies that take advantage of surround sound, whether it's 5.1 or 7.1, this headset does both. Music also sounds good and the base and treble can be adjusted, though the default settings are generally fine for most users.

One thing I've noticed with Logitech headsets (this is my 4th Logitech headset) is that the mic is always of top quality. Like the SteelSeries and many other headsets, either the speakers are good and the mic sucks, or vice versa. Not with the G35. The noise canceling mic is amazing. When I'm on Skype with my friends, if I'm not speaking or making any noise, my friends have to ask if I'm still here as there is barely any background noise! Another great thing about the mic, is that there is a light on the end that turns red to let you know when it's muted. When you raise the arm, the mic automatically mutes itself as well. Again, this is great, forward thinking design from Logitech.

There is also not a lot of outside noise either, so if you are worried about say, waking up room mates with the noise, don't worry about it. The ear cups are also square, not round and go around the ear instead of on it. This actually makes it incredibly comfortable after long hours you can barely feel it on your head! This is the most comfortable headset I've ever used!

The only real downside to the G35 is that it doesn't work with the PS3 or 360, just PC. Otherwise, this is the best surround sound headset money can buy, especially if you're looking for value for money. Nothing else compares to this, I'd strongly recommend it.

Side note - if you hate wires, the Logitech G930 is the exact same thing as the G35, but wireless. It's a lot more expensive however.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used for Making Training Videos, July 16, 2009
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm reviewing this from the perspective of an novice audiophile and video producer, not a gamer. I have multiple sets of headphones and headsets but the closest match in quality is my Sennheiser HD-555.

Plugged into my NAD C715 receiver, I can listen to any of my CDs or downloaded audio/video with ease. The quality of the sound is as clean and complex as my non-expert senses can detect.

I'll also be using the G35 as a more expensive alternative to the cheaper Logitech headphones I had been using to create training videos. Although I didn't have any problems with sound quality using the cheaper headset, my training suggested that I needed to invest in a higher end set and the G35 certainly meets that need.

The only problem I have with this headset is weight. When I create videos, I might have the headset on for four hours at a time. Although they feel fine when I first put them on, they weight heavy on my head and ears after a couple of hours.

When I get a chance, I'll try plugging the USB plug into a stereo plug adapter to see if they'll work with an older stereo system.

Update: After several months of regular use, I find the quality of my recordings to be superb. However, the tightness on my ears and the weight on my head makes this headset a real pain after even just an hour of use. Maybe I have a fat head.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding with some huge flaws, March 21, 2012
As others have said this headset sounds great but has a huge structure flaw above the earpieces. I have bought 2 pairs of these as I thought the first might have been a fluke but the second broke in the same place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know if WOW is the word. I think it's more than wow!, August 19, 2010
Well, i bought this headphones for gaming. And let me tell you, wow. The sounds from this headphones is just amazing. I play call of duty MW2 and Counter Strike Source and World of Warcraft. And this headphones just boost the experience and makes you better at those games. In MW2 i can hear every single detail in the game and footsteps giving me an advantage. As well in counter strike source, after getting the headphones i was accused of hacking for knowing when other players would pop out. Some people thought that i hacked *lolz and some other players that play with good headphones know what i'm talking about. Now, for world of warcraft, the sound is beautiful. You hear every single detail and the music and ambient sound is just amazing. It gets you into the game and i started playing in 3D with Nvidia 3D glasses and i was more amaze on the sound then the 3D effects. Now, for movies. This headphones are amazing. I have a logitech surround sound that cost me over $500 dollars and when i got the headphones, i wanted to watch movies with the headphones instead. The detail is great. It's a plus too that the cord is extra long. If you're looking for headphones that will blow you away, buy this ones. Don't think twice, just do it. You won't regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 484 | Next ›