Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 14, 2010
I read the other customer's reviews before purchasing this mouse and read that it might be too small. So I looked at it in the store, but couldn't try it out so I purchased it, hoping it wouldn't be too small. They were right.

I LOOOOOVE the look of this mouse, so clean, and shiny and I love the neon green. I LOVE the combination of Any NEON color on black, not like the ugly gray slanty V design mouses they have out now. I liked the rubber grip, kudos for that. So aesthetically it was VERY pleasing. I like that it only has 3 buttons, and no stupid extra button. I love the corded connection so i NEVER have to worry about missing signal or interfering signal, batteries etc. I love that it didn't need software or setup. Just plug in and USE. YAY!

However, it was very small. And I don't have very big hands, I'm a medium in latex gloves and size 8 in women's gloves. I don't have super long fingers or anything. Still, it was too small, and only fit near the tips of my fingers. The buttons were kinda hard to press, i had to use a little force. The scroll button was very stiff, both up and down scroll and side to side scroll. ESPECIALLY on the side-to-side it was stiff.

I'm a graphic designer so for long usage it's very uncomfortable. I recommend instead the Logitech RX1500 Corded Laser Mouse. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CJ645I/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img
It's much fuller, rounder, bigger, simple design, still the 3 buttons, still the corded connection. But the scroll wheel us much softer, glider easier, i don't have to use so much force. It works up and down AND sideways, like a charm. I am currently using the RX1500 and I am VERY happy with it. In fact I wrote a little poem about it and it's on the rx1500 as a review.
Enjoy!
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2011
I bought this mouse because I wanted something cheap for my travel laptop. What surprised me was that it immediately became my main mouse.

It was perfect for the claw grip I use. I play RTS games like Starcraft II and HoN. This mouse is great for it. It's simple, light and very inexpensive. I couldn't believe that a 20 dollar mouse was the best gaming mouse for me so I bought several other mice including ones from Razer and Logitech. I kept coming back to this mouse. It's simplicity, size and weight felt natural to me. As a side note, I don't recommend Razer mice. They were all uncomfortable. I tried 3 different models.

When I use other mice, I start wishing I had this mouse instead. This happens a lot at work where the standard mice we have are gaming mice. (I work for a gaming company). The gaming mice we have were all too heavy and not ideal for my grip. I tend to lift up my mouse very often so weight plays a big factor.

I am not writing after using the product for 3 days. I have been using this mouse for about 2 years. And yes, I am on the computer most of my waking hours.

Short story is, I tried many mice for gaming and I kept coming back to this one. I love it.

My background: Professional programmer and avid gamer.
on August 20, 2011
Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse

I love this mouse. This is the third one I have purchased, and I am thrilled that I am able to get one _exactly_ like the one I had been using.

Some reviews have mentioned that this mouse is too small. I do not find it so, and I have a medium hand (size 8 women's gloves.) BUT, if size matters :-)) here are the dimensions of the mouse: from cord end to back end, 4"; from side to side, 2 1/2"; from desk to top of mouse, 1 1/8". Whoever wrote this "Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.3 x 2.4 inches" in the Product Details section of the page must have been smoking...

I am not a gamer, so I cannot review this mouse from that perspective, but if you want a simple, standard, corded mouse, you may be very happy with this one.
on April 8, 2009
I'm a complete mouse snob. I've never found a mouse I truly like, and may never still. This mouse is definitely one of the better ones. The buttons all have a very nice tactile click to them. The wheel has just the right amount of snap and stiffness to allow clicking of the wheel without causing the mouse to scroll. The side-to-side wheel clicks are also very easy to use. The laser tracking is the most precise of any mouse I've owned. The mouse shape and size are perfect for mousing with just your fingertips, keeping your wrist on the table (whereas large mice require the user to move their whole arm).

I only have a few modest complaints with this mouse:

1. The mouse is a little bit light and also somewhat top-heavy. I like a heavy mouse, which allows for easier precise movement of the cursor. Upon opening this mouse, you'll see that they added a zinc plate to the top of the mouse to add weight, which was definitely a wise move. However the weight is all just underneath the top panel, which gives it a subtly odd balance on your mousing surface.

2. The mouse software has a somewhat convoluted interface for creating application-specific mousing controls. In particular, if you create a new application-specific set of controls, it starts that new set from the defaults, rather than the system-wide set, which means much more effort if you're setting the mouse up for unique performance in more than just a couple applications. Also, the software does not allow for "chording", the clicking of both buttons simultaneously to create an additional function. Note: this is a criticism of the Mac OS software controls--I assume the software is similar to the Windows version, though I can't be sure.

3. The rubber sides of this mouse are slightly tacky to the touch and end up picking up a bunch of fine lint and dust. There are better materials out there for this type of application.

I previously had an RF mouse that I was fairly happy with. However living in the city, there is just far too much EM floating around to use a wireless mouse, so I had to switch back to a wired mouse. It's nice to see that quality wired mice are still being built, despite the popularity of wireless models.
on January 25, 2012
I've been working on a Mac since '91 and this mouse tops anything I've used from Apple, including the new Magic Mouse. This Logitech mouse is smooth, responsive and very comfortable to use. I am an average size guy with average size hands and this mouse fits me perfectly. Personally I still like a wired mouse because I don't care for the extra weight of a wireless mouse. But then there are those wired mice that are TOO light. This thing is just a nice little package all the way around. I bought 2 of these. 1 for home for use with my Mac Mini, and 1 for work because I prefer it to the Apple mouse that came with my Mac Pro tower. The styling is very cool too.
on January 7, 2013
I use my computer for about 14 hours a day. I've owned many mice... You could say I'm a bit of a connoisseur. I've found that A ) Logitech makes the best mice. B ) Laser mice are the best technology. C) The fewer "special functions" the easier it is to use. D ) Wired mice are less of a hassle.

This mouse is perfect. I love it.
on November 10, 2009
i bought this to improve my overall ergonomic set up because i would be spending inordinate amounts of time at my desk as i am starting medical school.
1. figure out what kind of mouse shape works for your mousing style. eg do you like to rest your hand on the mouse and use your arm to move the mouse or do you like to use your fingertips to move the mouse instead?
2. if you are the latter this might work for you. if you are the former, move on and find something else.
3. after using this mouse for approximately one month, i began to experience ulnar nerve pain. no matter how i tried to place my hand on the mouse, how i had my forearm, etc. this thing would not work for me. yes, i tried the fingertip style and i still had pain. (this is coming from a person who works in the field of physical medicine and so pays a lot of attention to ergonomics and posture!)
3. buildwise, it's fine. it's nicer than one would think for how inexpensive it is. it's pretty much the only corded laser i could find at the time. it shows fingerprints and the like a little too well though it tracks just fine. it's pretty lightweight.
4. ergonomic wise, it did not work for me and was the worst possible mouse i could ever possibly purchase. yes, worse than the cheapo ones. it's quite short (heightwise) and fairly narrow as compared to other mice. i ended up buying a logitech mouse, probably their largest, and yes i have medium to large hands for a woman (size small gloves in men's, medium or large in women's gloves), and THAT is so much nicer -- better feel, smoother, better build.
just spend twenty bucks more and get something that you'll love. but go to a store and try different shapes out and see how they feel so you know what to look for.
on April 3, 2016
So, it's a mouse and it's built pretty well. But it's smaller than a traditional desktop mouse. How much so? Well, the full sized laser USB mouse it is replacing is 4.75 inches long, 2.375 inches wide, and shaped like a smoothed rectangle with rounded edges. You know the type. This little lady is 4.00 inches long and 2.5 inches wide and shaped a bit like a chicken's egg sliced down the middle from top to bottom. The fat part of the egg is in the back of the mouse, and sits in your palm. This is a smallish mouse, especially if you have large hands - something I'd expect to see being used with a laptop. It is, however, made well and sports the typical Logitech quality & features.

It has very good DPI resolution for fine control and a laser that isn't the ubiquitous red. In fact, when I first plugged it in & turned it upside down expecting to see the laser light up as indication my OS had found it, I saw nothing which is what it puts out when its running - "invisilaser."

All in all I'm happy but it's smaller than I expected. Five stars for operation, four stars for size.
on April 21, 2012
This mouse is really nice. I use this mouse for several hours a day, and I have never had a problem. The laser's performance is extremely accurate. I really notice how many tracking mistakes normal mice make after using this mouse. My only complaint would be that it doesn't work, at all, on glass surfaces, or shiny granite/polished rock. But overall, I LOVE this mouse, and I would recommend it to anyone.
on August 6, 2012
Background. I have small hands and Logitech mice always work much better than Microsoft mice for me.

Pros:
1. Excellent tracking -- much better than standard optical, especially on tough surfaces.
2. Higher dpi -- must compensate by slowing mouse down in software.
3. Price -- reasonable at under $20.

Cons:
A. Mouse is too high -- considerably higher than the other Logitech mice I have.
B. Ergonomic hump is bad -- other Logitech mice have a hump in the middle of the mouse, but this one has it on the front-edge -- clearly a bad design feature. This forces my wrist into a higher position.
C. Not as comfortable for long use.