5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Cool, "No Fuss, No Muss," Wireless Mouse
Published on July 11, 2010 by Karen Joan

3.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for Basics But Lacks Accuracy ...
There are numerous positive and negative features concerning the Logitech Wireless Mouse M310. Your experience with this product will depend on your needs. Here's some notes on my experience:

-Ergonomically speaking, the Logitech is comfortable. I used it for several, consecutive hours and experienced no discomfort. That's a boon!

-Concerning ease of...
Published on July 4, 2010 by Dr. E

5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Cool, "No Fuss, No Muss," Wireless Mouse, July 11, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am quite impressed with Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310. First off, it is VERY EASY to install. Just plug in the teeny-tiny wireless adapter and go; the computer recognizes the device instantly, the mouse immediately starts working, and there is no software to install. YEA! This mouse is truly plug and play; it is up and running within seconds of being removed from the packaging.

Second, the teeny-tiny wireless receiver for Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310 can stay permanently in one of your laptop's USB ports without you noticing it, or it getting in your way. If you travel, this is a really nice feature, because it is just one less thing for you to remember to pack in your computer bag. No recharge dock, no big, unwieldy connection device, no tangled cables. I love anything that saves my time, as well as space and weight in my computer bag. (And if you do have to remove it from your computer, there is a handy-dandy little storage port for the receiver INSIDE the mouse. How cool is that? This way, you never lose the little connector.)

Third, Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310 is a full sized, basic mouse, very responsive and accurate. So even when I travel, I have the convenience and comfort of a regular mouse, instead of one of those small travel mice.

Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310 fits comfortably in my hand, is light-weight, and has soft rubber grips. And this new line is very pretty, too! It comes is a variety of colors and patterns, enough to match any user's personality. Mine happens to be Red Tendrils, which looks great in my home office and on the road. (Of course, I've never thought about having a stylish mouse before, but hey...) Additionally, it takes only a SINGLE AA battery, which can last up to 12 months. This is a significant improvement over other wireless mice which require two batteries that last only 2-3 months.

I really like the look and feel of Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310. Over the years, I have tried many, many kinds of mice: wired, wireless, battery-operated, rechargeable, different shapes and sizes. I have to say that, for me, Logitech's WIRELESS MOUSE M310 seems to combine the best ergonomic, convenience, and technical properties of all the others. It may be that I have finally found my perfect mouse. I'll let you know.

UPDATE: April 4, 2011. I just changed the battery for the very first time. 9 months on a single double-A battery. FANTASTIC. I really do love this mouse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, July 31, 2010
I was deciding between this mouse and the M305. My main concern was the size. I did not want a mouse that was too big, bulky and heavy - I find those to be just uncomfortable. At the same time, I was unsure about the M305 because I was figured it would be too small to be usable, as most portable laptop mice are. The M310 is a perfect size. It is light, comfortably shaped and fits in my palm nicely. At the same time, it's small enough to put in a small pocket of a laptop bag and convenient to carry around. The receiver is something you don't have to worry about at all - you can just leave it in your laptop when you go somewhere. If you're taking your mouse somewhere separately, there's a nice slot for the receiver right inside the mouse. Another plus is the "Invisible Optic" laser. If you need to turn the mouse over for whatever reason, (to use the handy on/off switch, for example) you don't get blinded by it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for Basics But Lacks Accuracy ..., July 4, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

-Concerning ease of cleaning, this mouse can be wiped with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol. The color will not transfer and the base will not lose its texture. Nonetheless, I have a feeling that Logitech doesn't recommend this ... so, proceed with caution. I have always used high-concentration SD alcohol (at least once a week) with my mice and experienced no problems.

-As far as aesthetics, this mouse perfectly compliments my work-computer ... a red Dell Studio 17. It is a spot-on color-match. And, for my work (evaluating student writing, composing lectures, etc...), it is perfectly appropriate. However, if you require fine movements, the Logitech falls short. I tried it with my gaming computer (an Alien M15) and quickly found myself frustrated. For instance, in WoW, I persistently overshot the icons on my action-bar. (It was a sad day in arena, indeed!) The mouse jumps and skips ... but in such a minute way that one would never notice it outside of gaming or design.

-I am dubious of the claim that this Logitech mouse will survive for twelve months on a single set of batteries. This is my third Logitech wireless ... the longest I have ever gone without changing the batteries is about five months. All have claimed a twelve-month life-span. Nonetheless, it warrants noting that my laptop is in-use for at least six hours a day.

Bottom-line: if you are seeking a mouse for casual use (like using the internet, composing documents, or uploading photos), this will easily meet your needs. However, if you are a serious gamer, a design student (or professional), or someone who relies on precise movement, this Logitech might not be your best bet. (In fact, you'll probably be better off with a traditional, "corded" mouse ... wireless is not quite perfected yet).

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and ultra sensitive mouse, January 23, 2011
Isabel Chen (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M310 910-001675 Wireless Mouse (Silver) (Personal Computers)
Out of frustration and great need for a mouse that would enable me to handle the vast amount of drafting and graphic design work that I do on a day to day basis, I was looking around for a mouse that was not going to die on me within 3 months or malfunction or 'ghost', sometimes i find that the mouses i use tend to either ghost on me, or are not very sensitive and require me to pick it up and reset it. however the logitech wireless mouse makes my life so much easier with drafting, and scrolling in and out within design programs like autocad, illustrator and photoshop and rhino, making the final crunch for projects hassle free and most definitely hassle free. although many architects and practising architects are out there using 200 dollar mice, the logitech m310 might be my mouse of choice for a while.
i bought this mouse in october 10 and its 2011 january now. due to the high intensity usage i put this mouse through(its on 24 hours a day except when i remember to turn it off, i've changed the battery on it once) and the one time i had a important national presentation, i'm pretty surprised at how long its lasted. i've used the mouse at a presentation and the mouse is sensitive up to 15(?) feet away from the computer. and i use it on all conceivable surfaces even my lap sometimes. the only downfall is that if you are on a glossy or slick surface the mouse might not 'catch' as well and you might be better off putting a mousepad or a matte surface under it. i'm very impressed with the m310.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pretty - inexpensive, easy to setup/use too, July 7, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Surprisingly, because some of their gadgets can be on the pricey end (also known as the 'high end'), Logitech has become an industry leader for to inexpensive mice, computer speakers and keyboards. Not surprisingly, when it comes to Logitech gadgets, quality stays high even at the less expensive low end. The M310's are some of the prettiest no frills wireless mice you can buy and they perform well too. And, calling them 'no frills' may not be entirely fair because these mice, besides being 'pretty' - and at the time of this review Logitech had five colors/patterns styles - they are also good mice and I am in fact planning to keep using my 'Red Tendrils' as my office mouse.

Very briefly, this is what the M310's have going for them:

- EASE OF INSTALLATION -

On purpose, I attempted to set up my mouse without looking at the 'manual', a folded, English/Spanish/French 'Getting started with' sheet. 3 minutes later I was using my new mouse. Everything was quick and easy, beginning with the 'Easy Open' tab that allowed me to quickly take the mouse out of the bullet-proof plastic enclosure and do it without heavy-duty shears.

Installation goes like this: insert the supplied AA battery into the mouse body, plug the small 'nano' receiver into a USB port... THE END. You are ready to use the mouse. Or so it went on my Windows 7 laptop. By the way, I plugged it into a docking station USB port and it worked without a problem.

- SIMPLICITY -

This is the mouse 'for the rest of us'. There's no need to install anything from Web sites or discs and the 'buttons' are down to the minimum: left button, right button and a clickable scrolling wheel. And there is an on-off button on the bottom but you don't need to worry about that because the mouse will turn itself off when not used for a while. And, THERE IS NO MANUAL, because there's no need for one.

- EFFICIENT, INNOVATIVE -

There are quite a few power-saving features that should allow the mouse to operate for up to 12 months on one AA battery, or so Logitech claims. Besides the auto-off feature, there are no LEDs and the 'laser' seems to be a very low power one because no visible light is emitted.

The 'nano' style receiver becomes almost invisible once plugged into a USB port. This is a very good thing, especially if you are using this with a laptop or a Netbook.

- DESIGN, ERGONOMICS -

The M310 is a lot more than a pretty face but being pretty does not hurt. Sure you can pick the 'silver' style but if 'violet' or 'blue' or the more flamboyant 'red tendrils' or 'big top stripes' match your environment and your lifestyle, you can get one.

The symmetric shape ensures that the mouse can be operated with ease either right or left-handed. Buttons can be swapped and some customization is available with Logitech's SetPoint 6.1 software installed (see note).

This is a 'medium size' mouse with a comfortable shape. The rubberized sides allow for an easy, comfortable grip.

- SPECS -

I only used the M310 on a Windows 7 but Logitech claims that it should also work on XP, Vista and MacOS X 10.4 or later. As I mentioned already, a USB port is needed.

What you get for you money is the mouse, the nano receiver, one AA battery and the quick setup guide (not really needed).

Logitech promises a 3-year limited warranty with the emphasis on 'limited'.

- EVALUATION -

I am very happy with this mouse and anyone who wants a basic mouse should be happy with it. Following a few weeks of use, I was unable to detect any shortcomings. I am compelled to rate the M310 a 5-star.

______________________________________

Note:

Even though I couldn't find any reference in the supplied documentation, some customization is possible via SetPoint 6.1 which can be downloaded from Logitech - search for M310, select your operating system and you should be able to download the software. Once installed, SetPoint will allow you to:

- swap right/left buttons
- assign specific functions to the middle button/wheel
- configure the scrolling size
- control pointer speed/acceleration
- check battery status
- enable 'game mode'

These are all nice things but I was happy with the defaults. Left-handed users may WANT to download SetPoint.

UPDATE - March 2, 2011

Battery seems to last forever. 7 months later, I'm still on the first battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse I Have Ever Owned, July 22, 2010
I recently purchased this mouse, but before I did, thoroughly compared it to every other wireless mouse on the market by Logitech, Microsoft, HP, etc. Here is why the Logitech M310 is the best:

1. THE SIZE (It is nearly a full-size mouse and is very comfortable to use if you have have medium/average hands or larger. Those ubiquitous mini or small mouses are hard/uncomfortable to use).

2. THE NANO-RECEIVER (You stick the Nano receiver in your USB Port and forget about it. It only sticks out 5 milimeters so you don't have to take it in and out every time you turn your laptop on and off. It's always in there.)

3. THE RUBBER GRIPS (It has nice, comfortable rubber grips on the side)

4. THE PRICE (the price was in the medium range overall but it was the best priced one for a full-size mouse)

5. THE BATTERY LIFE (It uses one AA battery. It also has an on/off switch on the bottom. I just keep it on 24/7 and the battery is still running very strong)

SUMMARY: FULL-SIZE, GREAT DESIGN, GREAT PRICE, NANO-RECEIVER, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, LOGITECH DESIGNED A TRUE WINNER!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on many surfaces, November 2, 2012
I am not picky about my mouses. We have three different Logitechs in the house, and they work fine. This mouse worked fine for a month or so, then it became very jerky and erratic on some surfaces.

It did NOT work on:
Solid wood tabletop desk (two different desks)
Sofa couch
Kitchen laminate top
Light or dark paper (flat or reflective)
La-Z-boy arm chair

It DID work on:
Wood laminate floor
Denim-type fabric

I tried the mouse in two laptops and one desktop and got the same behavior. The mouse worked the same if it was 1 inch away from the receiver or 24 inches. The battery was replaced. The lens was blown off with compressed air to clean it. The Logitech drivers were uninstalled. Then installed. I'm very disappointed in this mouse, although I see lots of people seem ok with it. Maybe mine was a dud, but I thought I would warn you!

I'm going back to the old faithful V220 even though the receiver sticks out more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this mouse, August 1, 2010
I've used a lot of wireless mice both at work and with laptops but this is the best. I bought one for the laptop, one for my PC, one for my wife's PC and specifically had them order this one for work. It's responsive, batteries last forever, comes out of sleep mode immediately (had one from Microsoft that you actually had to turn it off for two minutes before it would reset from sleep mode...ridiculous) and the downloadable software allows you to set the center wheel for many different functions. If you are looking for a wireless mouse, look no further than this. Two extra nice features are that the USB connector only sticks out about a quarter inch from the machine and the laser is invisible, not that bright red light that others have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected but OK, May 17, 2011
chuckwalla (United States) - See all my reviews
I picked one up from Office Depot for $17.99 on sale. Although it does its job and is priced low, I'm not really impressed.
- It's a bit too narrow in the middle.
- The scroll wheel turning action is not smooth (somewhat rough), has too much resistance and actually squeaks when turned slowly.
- The rubber side portion feels good, but the upper plastic part looks and feels cheap.
- The left and right buttons click nice and soft.
- For best accuracy, download and install the Logitech mouse suite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, responsive, easy to use - this mouse doesn't scare me!, June 19, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike the real deal this cute product is one I want to put my hand on!

The style is quite engaging - the red swirls provide a lot of class to a (let's face it) otherwise ho-hum piece of office equipment. The red part is plastic but the black all around is a rubber type material. It provides a very solid grip for your hand and fingers. It is not sticky either.

The mouse really took no set up at all. Just plugged in the little mini receiver (and can I take a moment to say how utterly fabulous this is? Plug and Play has an all new meaning for me now!) and off I went happy as a cat. The sensitivity on this is amazing - previously I've used the Microsoft wireless Intellimouse and just a regular old generic wired mouse and this new Logitech one has both beat by a mile. The precision is quite remarkable and there is no lag whatsoever. None.

According to the box that battery can last up to 12 months. That will be great. My microsoft one doesn't last that long. One other thing (that I won't really be able to comment on for a few months) but my Microsoft intellimouse had just all plastic - so what eventually happened is my thumb "wore down" the plastic and made it smooth. Almost like a groove in wood. Unfortunately it also makes it slippery and so it was not really comfortable for me any longer. As the Logitech M310 has the rubber I would not expect that problem, thankfully!

I have always had wonderful luck with Logitech products and this is yet another winner. A stylish high quality mouse that functions well and maintains a low profile. I have a sort of desire (no, no it's not a fettish I tell you) for red, well, anything. The color is so vibrant and just screams elegance and adventure. In fact I think I'm going to go get a new skin for my laptop to match my new mouse. What more could a girl want?

Logitech M310 910-001675 Wireless Mouse (Silver)
$29.99 $18.95