Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: SilverChange

Showing 1-10 of 405 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on August 31, 2014
I've owned three of these mice of late, and both have run into similar problems.

I will preface this review by stating that while they work, both mice functioned well. I like the size and shape, the extra buttons are useful for my editing work, and the mouse is precise and responsive. Most important to me, it's comfortable. But with both mice, they would stop registering input or create input of their own. My last one acted like it was haunted, but it was out of warranty and I figured it was easier to just replace it. This one is only a couple months old (a replacement through Amazon for another purchased one), and will no longer accept a left-click input (and will actually randomly toss in its own). It's not the receiver: right now, I am using the keyboard I picked up with the original mouse and an older mouse through the Logitech unifying receiver. That's right, I've got a four year old mouse that outlasted this model three times.

Logitech makes great products, ordinarily, but I cannot recommend a model that has malfunctioned on me three times--especially since it's failed in roughly the same way all three times. I've contacted Logitech support, but I'm buying a different mouse in the meanwhile, because the loss of functionality is too much of an inconvenience to keep suffering. I don't give this product a bad review lightly. I wanted to like it so much I dealt with two bad versions.
77 comments34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
I hate this mouse so much that I was inspired to write a review to warn others from buying it. It has a 4.5 with over 2,000 reviews so I doubt this will do much to change the overall rating, but I hope some potential buyers get to read this. First of all, the pros of this device are the extra buttons on the side, the full size, and the comfortable shape. However, these pros don't mean anything when the mouse tracks so poorly. This mouse is so inconsistent with its tracking that it's distracting and it reminds me every time I start using it. This mouse can only perform decently well on a smooth matte surface, but clearly states in the product description "enjoy precise laser tracking..... on almost any surface" I've read elsewhere that it actually uses IR so this seems to be false advertising. I was not expecting this thing to work on a glass table or a blanket, but it can't even handle tracking on a typical wooden table.

The reason I am giving this mouse a 1 is because of the software. Installing the setpoint software seemed to make the mouse perform worse so I removed it. Then a few days later, I get a popup notification from logitech at startup asking me to rate its products. I checked everywhere to see if I had any logitech software left on my computer, and checked startup and service options. There was no trace or option to disable this popup. It is extremely frustrating and unacceptable that a company install basically spyware on your computer. Any skeptics can just google logitech ereg.exe, this type of app is difficult to remove and some have complained that the popup still shows even after they've rated the product. I've tried manually removing the offending program and hopefully it won't return. Logitech, don't force your customers to rate your products with computer pop-ups that you can't opt out of, and maybe you won't end up with reviews like this.

I recommend looking at the gigabyte m770, I originally had the bluetooth version and was really impressed by responsiveness and tracking ability on my laptop. It was slow to respond with my Dell Venue 8 Pro, which is why I decided to go for a wireless usb mouse. At the time I didn't notice that gigabyte makes a usb version of the same mouse, so I wish I'd gone for that. The Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3500 is also an extremely solid performing mouse, but lacks extra back/forward buttons which I'm so used to.
33 comments26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
This mouse has lag. The laser often shuts off when you don't want it to. Doesn't work on some surfaces. The slider pads also drag. After hours of just tweaking various settings, I'm giving up and tossing it all together. Buy another model. This is the only logitech wireless mouse I've had issues with.
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2013
I have been a loyal Logitech user for many years and had always been very happy with their products until I bought this mouse. This is without a doubt the worst tracking, most aggravating mouse I've ever owned. I'm TRYING to use it now. Constantly jerking, lagging or freezing. Do not buy this mouse.
11 comment40 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
This mouse doesn't track very well. I know most people don't seem to find a problem in that regard but for me it was really awful. The cursor is jumpy and is very difficult to point where u want to. Sometimes it seems to have a mind of it's own. I tinkered with the settings to no avail and I know distance from the receiver is not an issue since my computer sits by my side. I ended up purchasing an Anywhere MX mouse also from Logitech which works like a charm. I think is worth nothing that the M510 has it's tracking laser on it's right side while the Anywhere MX has it centered. If you're already used to one particular position I'd recommend that you buy one with the same positioning of the tracking laser, otherwise it may feel weird for you until you get used to it.
33 comments26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2014
I've had two of these in the past 2 years and both have failed in under 12 months. The left button starts to become ultra sensitive and ends up double-clicking at the slightest touch. It is definitely not a software issue, something with the hardware is acting up. I will say that the battery life is phenomenal though, 12 months with time to spare on a single set of AA batteries. If only the buttons could keep up.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2013
I've owned Logitech mice for the las 13 years, from the old MX300 to the MX Performance. Maybe it's just the unit I received, but the movement of the pointer is inconsistent with the movement of my hand. I've already tried all the tricks by customer support to make it better but it didn't fix the issue. Also, the construction feels cheap, specially on the side buttons. I'm very dissapointed, I have no problem with having less features for a 25$ mouse, but quality should be better.

Fortunately Amazon service is great, I've already spoke with them and the item can be returned no questions asked.
on February 10, 2013
I've been using computers since the 1980s and between work, home and travel, I've used most brands of mouse over the years. Things have certainly improved since the days of the rubber ball beneath the mouse, which periodically got clogged with lint and dust. But today's mouse is not yet a perfect device, as my experience with the Logitech M510 Wireless demonstrates.

My previous mouse for my home computer was a Logitech corded mouse, high precision model. It was a good size for my hand. It finally died after 6 years of heavy use. I was very pleased with it. Overall, I considered it the best mouse I had ever used.

I decided to go cordless. I wanted a full-sized mouse. I use a cordless Logitech mouse at work that performs well enough and is a good fit for my hand, but it is now 5 years old and is no longer available. The reviews for the M510 were mostly good, so I ordered one.

Out of the box, the mouse was smaller than I had expected. This was not what I would call "full sized," at least in comparison to my other Logitech mice. But I figured that things must have changed in recent years.

Windows 7 recognized the mouse and it worked right away. But I experienced curious results when using it. There were occasions when moving the mouse did not move the cursor on screen. And it lacked the fine precision I was used to. I replaced the batteries, just in case the ones that shipped with the mouse were old.

And I downloaded the latest Logitech software. That helped some, but the next day I received an error message from Windows 7 saying that the software had failed and no updates would correct the problem. Back to the standard Windows drivers.

Then, last night, 3 weeks after receiving the M510, the scroll wheel just quit working altogether.

The M510 has been a frustrating and disappointing product for me. Rather than exchange it for another M510, I'm going to try to pick out a mouse more likely to meet my needs.

Apparently, many customers have been very satisfied with their M510. Good luck!
11 comment21 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2014
This Wireless Mouse installed easily and worked very well. It was used in a benign environment, was never physically abused, never exposed to moisture. At 3 months it suddenly failed without warning. The previous unit (same model) I had failed at 6 months and I purchased this unit to replace that one. Now I find that there is no path to remedy the situation--the return period has passed and I can't even contact the seller.

Needless to say, I can't recommend this unit, it apparently has some sort of design defect that severely limits the installed lifetime.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2015
I don't have an issue with the mouse itself. However, I am extremely disappointed with Logitech's customer service. I received a defective USB receiver (tried it on 5 laptops) which I got a USB Not Recognized error. I submitted 3 support cases where I got email confirmations for. The first one was "lost" by Logitech so it no longer appeared in my Support History (I still have the confirmation email). The second one was ignored for two weeks until I manually checked their website. This case was marked as "Solved" despite me not hearing anything from Logitech. So I opened a third ticket and waiting to hear back.

I have 8 mice, two keyboards, a game pad and two headsets...all from Logitech. I've never had issues with any of their products until this one USB receiver. I'm fine with getting a defective device since I know this happens from time to time. But I am completely disappointed with Logitech's complete lack of support.

Until this issue is resolved, I'm keeping my review as one star.