4.0 out of 5 stars For the techie who has everything...
It is hard to get across the reality of this mouse in a review. Using it is definitely a different experience from a regular mouse, and some people will love it and some will hate it. It's the kind of thing you can't know until you have used it -- not just touched it in a non-working display or read its features.

In reality I would classify this as a hybrid...
Published on March 20, 2012 by art

3.0 out of 5 stars Very subjective mouse experience - just "OK" for me
It's a bit difficult to rate this mouse, since mice preference is so very subjective. Some people like them heavy, some like them big or small, some like tons of buttons, or few buttons.

Published on May 15, 2012 by B. Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars For the techie who has everything..., March 20, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)

In reality I would classify this as a hybrid touch mouse. While there are no buttons on the top surface, the mouse is not button-free - there is a single button on the underside, activated basically by pressing down on the mouse as a whole. Whether you wanted to right-click or left-click is determined by your finger's position on the surface of the mouse. This leads to a quite different, but not bad, click feel and it takes some getting used to.

Some of the best features:

- It just looks cool with the smooth surface on top and no visible buttons. People see it and are naturally curious.

- I love not needing to move my index finger to a central scroll wheel to scroll. I can just keep my finger in position on the touch surface and scroll. This is actually addicting and makes switching to a regular mouse difficult. It's what makes this mouse worthwhile.

- the scroll flow (smooth scrolling) software only works in web browsers (the 3 popular ones) but really makes scrolling smooth (kind of weird to use with a wheel mouse though!). Obviously, scrolling still works in other applications, it's just not made more smooth by that software.

- Being able to run on either one or two batteries to balance out your preference of weight vs. battery life is nice (I prefer using one).

- The unifying receiver is a nice feature, giving you some flexibility in mixing-and-matching peripherals (this is my only compatible device so far though).

- Like Logitech's other mice, it tracks well and operates smoothly. No complaints whatsoever where I've tried it.

Some of the downsides:

- right-clicking can be a pain because the "touch area" to register a right-click is small, and you have no point of reference as to where the correct area is to click. As I use the mouse, because it's so smooth, it usually rotates slightly in my hand and I eventually end up touching in the wrong spot for a right-click. Also, the "anywhere else" touch -- interpreted as a left click -- supersedes a "right-click" touch, so if you rest your left finger on the surface while you attempt to right-click, a left click will be registered instead.

- It would be nice if you could 'tap to click' instead of physically pressing hard enough to depress the button on the bottom of the mouse. That would reduce fatigue over long periods.

- originally this review said there was no middle-mouse-button functionality. The current version of setpoint has this -- it's a little odd to activate (double-tap the lower 2/3 of the surface) but at least it's there. Upgrade setpoint if you miss this!

- limited gestures & customizability - I would like for example to be able to scroll sideways instead of web page forward/backward. The new setpoint has more of this than the original version did.

- The surface of the mouse, while smooth and shiny and pretty, gets a little sticky feeling as your skin oil gets on it, which makes scrolling uncomfortable after a while (I applied a thin piece of Scotch "magic" tape -- the non-shiny kind - to the left click area, and that improves the feel tremendously). Not to mention fingerprints!

- I find it a little flat and low for comfortable use. I don't prefer a really "tall" mouse like Logitech's MX, but just something a shade taller than this one (my favorite mouse of all time is the Nano VX, which is a perfect size and shape for me).

So, if you want to be the first on your block (or in your boring office meetings) to have the cool new technology, and you're willing to get used to something different, and you don't require a lot of customizability/functions in your mouse, grab this one and try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimalist appearance, lightweight, and touch effects are actually pretty good!, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
After a failed attempt at trying the Microsoft Touch Mouse, I thought I'd give this a shot. I usually have good luck with Logitech, and the touch motions on the this one were more simplified. Plus it had a neat, minimalist look to it that another reviewer equated to a polished river rock. I agree. At this point I have only had it two days, so obviously not long enough to gauge battery life or durability. But here we go:

Pros:
1) This mouse is very lightweight, even with two AA batteries installed. By contrast, the aforementioned Microsoft was bizarrely heavy with one AA and didn't glide well at all on the mouse pad. The Logitech, by contrast, glides across it like a curling stone.

2) Hand feel: Very subjective, I know. I'm used to trackballs, so this was odd for me at first. It is slung low, but has enough of an arch to it for me to be comfortable. It is also wide enough to accommodate the width of my hands (they aren't huge, BTW) and give ample room to perform touch gestures. The clear plastic coating on top is fine, and you can slide your fingers across it, but it does get an odd 'sticky' quality to it. Not like it is coated in glue, but more like the sweat or oils on my fingers are creating some traction. It doesn't effect anything, mind, you, but I did not expect it.

3) The single, physical 'click' button feels solid, and sounds quiet.

4) The accuracy is very good. In SetPoint, you can change the speed, acceleration, etc. But out of the box I had no problems or hiccups while moving the mouse and getting the pointer to go where I wanted.

5) The tiny USB has great range and connection. The MS Touch Mouse, in my experience, got sort of 'wonky' when not in sight of it's USB transceiver.

6) Here's the big one: Do those gestures work? According to my title they do! Seriously, the gestures do work quite well in my experience, and in every program and browser I have tried. It is a matter of getting used to how you need to interact with the mouse. For scrolling, any finger on the top, when moved slowly, will scroll as you need, and in a nice and responsive manner. A slightly quicker flick will get the page rolling a bit longer. And a hard, sharp flick will usually take you from the top of the page to the bottom, depending on the length. Moving a finger left or right works quite well as a forward/back action. (In comparison to the MS Touch Mouse, I found the MS touch surface to not be as accommodating to the swipe motions. It had many more gestures which were cool, but it was too finicky and often performed the wrong actions. I didn't feel I could use it reliably).

Cons:

1) The simplicity of the gestures means there is less room for the mouse to screw up interpreting what it is you want to do. That said, a few other gestures would be interesting to try out.

2) Sometimes when I grab the mouse to work, the page will slightly scroll up or down. This hasn't happened much and is resolved by simply lifting my hand from the mouse surface until it stops. I can then resume like nothing happened.

3) This may or may not be a down side to some, but you should download SetPoint and the Flow Scroll programs (for free) from Logitech's web site. I find SetPoint handy, because what little customization this model mouse allows can be done there, plus you can check your battery life too.

4) As I write this, it is pricy! Microsoft's offering has dropped ~ $30 or so in the last week, while Logitech's remains high. This may change, hopefully to your advantage if the M600 interests you.

Finally:

1) Right-clicking: I use this mouse with my fingers essentially stretched all the way to the front. To activate right click, slightly raise your left finger (if you are right-handed of course) and physically 'click' the mechanical mouse button while touching the far right-front corner. I don't think I have missed a right-click, but others have had issues so I thought I would share what I do.

2) Please don't expect this to be a gaming mouse. Simple games will probably work OK, but trying it out on Team Fortress 2 would likely lead to frustration and multiple deaths :) Logitech makes other models that would probably be better suited to the task of sniping your friends across a server :) The M600 mouse is probably best suited for general computing and general usage.

I hoped this helped!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very subjective mouse experience - just "OK" for me, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I will say that if you are one of the 18 people in the world that made a switch from Mac to PC/Windows, you should probably get this mouse, because it reminds me a lot of the way the Mac mice work (which has always driven me crazy).

PROS:
1. Yes, it looks svelte and ergo and aesthetically cool (personally I could care less about that in a mouse)
2. It does include almost all the functions you need, believe it or not (excepting the middle mouse button)
3. Tracks well - I had no problems on a number of different surfaces
4. Awesome, awesome idea to be able to use one or two batteries to affect weight! Brilliant! More mice should have this possibility!

CONS:
1. The surface gets tacky, even when used with clean hands...they really should upgrade the plastics used to a more residue-proof one. The biggest problem here is that when the surface is even slightly tacky, and you want to slide your finger to scroll, it jerks and stops, which is pretty annoying.
2. I am not crazy about the "push down the whole mouse" action. I just don't like the feedback it gives, and possibly causes more fatigue than simply barely having to click on a normal mouse's defined button area. Even that slight additional pressure required with the mouse makes a big difference if you computer all day.

Ironically, though, I feel like I have to be much more careful when using this mouse, not to accidentally click, since when you rest your hand on it, it tends to click - again, IMO a drawback of the design, and I feel that more typical left and right defined areas to click would be much better.

So overall, I have to give a "just ok" rating due to the (for me) uncomfortable mouse click action, as well as the non-ideal surface which tends to get sticky.

Still, it is unique (for the Windows world) in its design, and I think for those who value aesthetics as much as or more than functionality/practicality, it would be fine, because it does look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Seamless, Works with my Mac Mini, March 3, 2012
Angelique (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
Beautiful peripheral, if I can describe it that way. There is room one or two batteries, depending on how weighty you want it. I have only one battery as I liked it lighter. It came with a pouch you can also use to wipe fingerprints off your monitor or bring it with you travelling. I almost threw out the packaging with the pouch in it - so make sure you look carefully before tossing it. The unifying receiver is tiny, but it only works with some logitech peripherals, not all of them.

This mouse looks great with my Mac Mini set up:
- Samsung S23A950D 23-Inch Class 3D LED Monitor -Silver
- Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard (Black)

The hand gestures themselves are smooth as silk. Very happy with this mouse and the fact that it works just as well when I take home my Windows 7 laptop from work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breathe on it, and the Logitech M600 will open up another browser, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
Is there some adjust mechanism on this thing? Either I have a VERY heavy hand (fingers), or my Logitech M600 mouse is as sensitive as a colicky four-year old whose just eaten an entire chocolate cake.

This is the first touch mouse I've ever owned, but I've often used my friends' touch mouse and am very familiar with touchpads on laptops. However, I've never been so frustrated at how sensitive this mouse is. I'll be happily browsing a web page about Belize, for example, then my wayward pinky pad may cause the browser to open up several pages about denture cream.

Writing an email in a web-based program or buying something online are almost nail-biting experiences, though fortunately, most programs will ask me DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LEAVE THIS PAGE, or something to that effect. NO, I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THE PAGE, but my Logitech M600 mouse has apparently had enough of it and wants to move onto greener pastures.

The distinction between the left and right mouse "buttons" is not clear on this thing. I must touch either to the very far LEFT or the very far RIGHT, so that his Highness Logitech M600 will display the correct menu.

The only good things about this mouse is that (a) it looks cool (wonder how it will look at the bottom of my toilet); and (b)it really does work on any surface, except gravel.

While writing this review, I moved the mouse pointer slightly to the right and almost lost this review. It's as if the Logitech M600 mouse is possessed and knows I'm dissing it. Do yourself a favor, folks, get another mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Touch Mouse, a Good PC Answer to the Apple Magic Mouse, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a mouse for my Win7 desktop that would be comparable to the Apple Magic Mouse I use with my MacBook Pro (yeah, I know Apple haters, you think the Magic Mouse is terrible; whatever, I personally love it). For me this fits that bill perfectly. FWIW, what I was concerned about, aside from it being "Magic Mouse style" was that it be accurate, have decent wireless range, have good click action (i.e. it feels right when you press down to click), and that I could touch scroll vertically and horizontally. This mouse meets all those criteria in spaces for me (although you have to download the special software from the Logitech website to get the horizontal scroll functionality and some other stuff). I personally don't use a lot of other touch gestures, so that's all I cared about it and I got what I wanted. It supports other touch gestures, but I can't attest to how good they are. Oh, I take that back. I do use the "swipe right from the left edge" gesture that let's you switch between the current window and the last window that was active.

As others have mentioned, you do need to be aware that it sometimes doesn't differentiate correctly between a left-click and a right-click if you have two fingers resting on the device. But if you lift up one finger when you click with the other (which, it turns out, I apparently do 90% of the time anyway), it works perfectly.

And just for fun, and going back to my earlier Apple Magic Mouse comparison, I'll tell you the ways in which, for me, this mouse is better than the Magic Mouse and the ways in which it's not quite as good. Better About the M600: I like that it's lighter (although some may prefer the heavier, more solid feel of the Magic Mouse); I like the click action better, and I like the surface of the M600 better (as an aside, the M600 surface doesn't accrue "hand gunk" from the oil or sweat on your hands as fast as the Magic Mouse, but if you get hand gunk with one you're going to end up with hand gunk with the other). I like the curved shape of the M600 better. Better About the Apple Magic Mouse: It differentiates left and right clicks better, and its scroll action is smoother (also, the Magic Mouse is blue tooth and doesn't require a dongle, whereas the M600 does). Just for grins I tried the M600 out on my MacBook and while it technically works, the experience is just terrible (slow jerky mouse pointer, bad scrolling). Speaking of the dongle (which may be my favorite bizarre tech word ever), it's tiny and has great range; I've never had any issues with the signal at all.

Bottom Line: I love this touch mouse. I think it's the best PC mouse I've ever owned, although I don't need a lot from my mouse and I don't use it for, say, FPS gaming or WoW or anything like that. For me it's the closest thing to the Apple Magic Mouse on the PC, a very good touch mouse regardless, and the price on Amazon is definitely right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate myself for buying it, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
If you are a quick mouse user you will not enjoy this mouse. Frequently misclick. I had to disable the middle-click functionality because it is so hard to use correctly (without misclicking). I used to love middle-clicking new tabs open. I'm going to be buying a regular mouse again.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Middle click!!!, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
There is no way to middle click on this mouse! This of course eliminates the ability to hold down the middle button.

Also, you can't right click, without lifting your left finger from contacting the survace of the mouse.

And you can't right and left at the same time. (It just treats it as a left click)

This mouse is not good for drafting (autocad, microstation, etc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse Ever!, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
I have tried about two dozen mice. I can confidently say this is the best mouse ever! It combines style, super functionality, new technology, all at an extremely reasonable price.

1) It has touch for scrolling up and town.

2) It is very sensitive to movement and has excellent resolution.

3) The entire top mouse functions as the left-click button UNLESS you push the right half down, then it functions like the right-click button. The main advantage is that it is much more comfortable to click (it requires a very gentle push to click) and you don't get any clicking pains after thousands of clicks in a short period of time.

4) It is relatively small for a full-size mouse at about 4.5" long and 2.5" wide and has a low-profile at 1" tall. I wouldn't consider it full-size (mid-size is more accurate). I find the low-profile helps reduce wrist strain by allowing the wrist to be a flatter position and generally eliminates the need for a mouse wrist pad. I personally prefer large mice but really like this one and find the size is not an issue.

5) The price is very reasonably for the quality and technology you are getting. I would value this mouse at twice the asking price and pay that much for it!

It's very difficult to explain in words just what makes this mouse so great, but it is great. You should definitely give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

It's the best mouse ever!

Once you buy it, you may as well give your other computer mice away!

2.0 out of 5 stars would rate 2.5 if I could, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Touch Mouse M600 (Personal Computers)
Pros:
--No red glaring light from the bottom
--quiet clicking
--great vertical scrolling
--has a good glide and nice weight
--cheaper then the competition and more performs better then other competition of swipe mouses

Cons:
--No Middle Click! I can't get this thing to middle click.
--Right clicking is also tricky
--Acts as a MAC OS mouse the entire mouse depresses (I have accidentally clicked on so many many things just with the weight of my hand moving the mouse.)
--is not really ergonomic, the other logitech I own is better.
--Goes to sleep way too fast
--Does not swipe easily
--Not Linux compatible
--Defiantly NOT for gaming such as tetras or bejeweled or speed chess.
--Horizontal swipe functions do work but not well.

Conclusion: Technology needs to improve on the swipe/touch mouse overall. I have not found a performance difference in the more expensive ones.

Logitech Touch Mouse M600