2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
|Price:||$66.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$13.00 (16%)|
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista, USB port
- Laser-etched backlit keys, Manual brightness adjustment
- Elegantly designed, Ultra-thin keyboard profile
- Logitech PerfectStroke key system, Soft-touch palm rest
- Full-size layout
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 B003VAGXWK
Logitech Keyboard K120 B003ELVLKU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||LLYtech||Better Choice Online|
|Connectivity Technology||Wired||Wireless||Information not provided||Wired|
|Item Weight||2.31 pounds||3 pounds||0.5 pounds||2.2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
Type comfortably—day or night.
Experience better typing—even in the dark—with this elegant illuminated keyboard. Each key is back-lit to help you type easily in any lighting conditions. The keyboard also features a soft-touch palm rest, full-size key layout and Logitech PerfectStroke key system to make typing more comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet.
- Laser-etched backlit keys
- Ultra-thin 9.3 mm (1/3 inch) profile
- Soft-touch palm rest
- PerfectStroke key system for comfortable typing
- Full-size layout
- Compatible with Windows 8, 7 or Vista
Bright backlit keys
- Sharp, bright laser-etched keys–type easily in low light and even in the dark
- Only the key characters are illuminated so they’re always easy to see and read
- Manual brightness adjustment with three illumination levels to suit any lighting conditions
Logitech PerfectStroke key system
- Distributes typing force evenly across the key surfaces
- Makes every keystroke stroke quiet, natural and smooth—even if you strike the edge of a key
Sleek and slim design
- Ultra-thin profile is only (1/3 inch) from frame to keys—keeps your workspace clean and uncluttered
- Elegant look combine classic black, a touch of orange to identify the FN functions and a transparent frame
- Easily navigate your documents—full-size keys and a number pad are right where you expect them to be
- Press the FN key to easily access the most often used functions like search or email
- Separate keys for quick control of volume, mute, back-light intensity and more
Built-in soft-touch palm rest
- Helps position your hands for more comfortable typing
- Soft, rubber coating for enhanced comfort
Windows 8 start key
Get back to the Start Screen with one easy touch.
What's in the box?
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740
- User Documentation
What you need:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- 1 available USB port
Top Customer Reviews
- 3-levels of illumination
- Extremely thin
- Stylish looks
- Reasonably comfortable
- Uncluttered key layout
- Quality construction
- 3 year warranty
- Small palm rest
- Some keys not fully lit
- F keys not lit at all
The first thing I noticed when I received the shipping box was how thin and light the Logitech packaging was to the LIK. Upon opening the outside box and sliding the inner box out, I immediately noticed the deep black cardboard boxing. Nearly all keyboards I have ever unboxed, have either had a white or brown OEM-type box. The black cardboard box reminded me a little of how iPods and other premium accessories are being packaged these days.
Installing the LIK was a breeze. I just plugged it into a free USB port directly to my PC. Within a couple of minutes, my PC recognized the new peripheral and the keyboard lit up brightly. I went to the Logitech website and installed the latest SetPoint software (4.60), which incidentally was the version in the included CD-ROM.
The key layout is pretty much what Logitech has been using for their keyboards of late. The DELETE key is oversized and takes up vertically what normally is the DELETE and INSERT keys. The INSERT key is now located above the DELETE key, in the F1-F12 row, where usually the PRINT SCRN key normally lies.Read more ›
*** Okay...I have wasted so much money in my quest to find even just a 'good' illuminated keyboard. Usually you cannot find an illuminated keyboard that contains the normal keyboard setup...you get a scrunched version where the delete key is combined with the number pad....or in some wild location elsewhere....home, page up, page down, end.....gone.
*** I resolved myself to the fact that I would have to settle for an illuminated keyboard that just would not have the normal keyboard layout. Okay...I accept it. Now...let's start looking. Seven keyboards and 4 years later, I decide to give it one more shot. I have been so disgusted by the performance of the only decent illuminated keyboards...sticky keys...loud, obnoxious keys...poor etching in the keys so that they letters and numbers are so poorly illuminated that it makes it worse than if they were just black.
I have tried them all. I have read reviews, bought them first-hand, second hand, well-known brands, obscure brands. Gaming keyboards to professional boards created for IT. None made it past a low-level of mediocrity.
NOW, FINALLY! HERE IT IS!
This is by far, hands-down, thumbs-up, smile-not-a-frown....ABSOLUTE BEST illuminated keyboard out there.
* The keys are fantastic! They are silent, well-padded, and the KEYBOARD LAYOUT IS STANDARD! WHOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEE!
* The illumination is by far the clearest and best on the market. The laser-etched letters on the keys glow well at every angle. Whether you type directly over the keys...whether you lean back and type...whether you have the keyboard set low or elevated...the illumination is PERFECT!
This is everything you want in an illuminated keyboard.Read more ›
First, many keyboards are wireless today. I have owned wireless keyboards for my other PC's, and I never find them as responsive as I would like. Wireless mice are fine and quite an improvement, but what's the point of a wireless keyboard? It's supposed to sit on your desk and not move. A mouse moves, so no wire is good. For the keyboard, I found wireless models tend to lose keys in my RF interference heavy office environment.
Second, the best keyboards (best key action) are tricked out gaming keyboards or multimedia keyboards. Gaming keyboards have so many special keys that I have no use for, and also have LCD displays to show you your hitpoints. These would be cool if I could customize the LCD with stock quotes or the weather, but no such thing exists. Multimedia keyboards give me hotkeys for e-mail, volume control, etc. You have to install all these new drivers, get everything working, and I never end up using them. I want a simple keyboard like a $10 OEM, but I want the key action of an expensive gaming keyboard.
Third, many top keyboards are just odd "ergonomic" shapes. I just want a normal keyboard, designed for the pure joy of typing.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Looked really nice, and I really liked the illumination feature and the keys were quiet. It was replacing an noisy and aging Logitech wireless keyboard I'd bought 4 years earlier... Read morePublished 1 day ago by RICHARD ROBINSON
I love this keyboard. There are heaps of detailed reviews you can read but I've been using laptops for the past 10 years and only just recently got a PC again. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Meteor
I've bought four of these over the past 3-4 years. Two for me and the rest as gifts. It works really well, the keys feel amazing and the back light levels are perfect. Read morePublished 1 day ago by JGtz
This is a very comfortable keyboard (I touch type) and the back-lighting works well, isn't intrusive and can be dimmed or disabled right from the keyboard itself. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Lando
I have now purchased four of these for my staff at work. Once one lady got one all the others love it and wanted one too. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Cain