1,581 Reviews
 (1,042)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the keys are in the right place.
Finally! A basic keyboard where all the keys are in the right place, the layout is familiar, and my touch-typing fingers don't have to learn anything NEW.

Published on July 24, 2010 by Kenneth E. Udut

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice, simple keyboard
This keyboard is a good purchase for the money, has good key response, layout and size, and thats about it.

Pro's
good "footprint" on desk
well spaced, well sized keys with good response and feedback
inexpensive
PNP install.

Con's
slightly cheap / flimsy feeling plastic
the "legs" on the bottom are cheesy and easy to...
Published on November 12, 2010 by Jacob McKinney

5.0 out of 5 stars All the keys are in the right place., July 24, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)

What's with all the wrist rests, bubble shaped gigantic keyboards that take up the whole desk? Give me a basic keyboard that WORKS. Logitech continues the tradition of the basic IBM style keyboards with the logitech K120.

When you're typing for years and years, you get tired of companies switching keys around on you. Some of logitech's other models I had to pass up on because they swapped the Insert/Delete/Page up/Pg DN section and made it vertical. But on this keyboard, everything is proper and right.

The price is right: There's no reason to spend $50 on a keyboard unless you want to use your keyboard 45 feet away from the monitor - which is rather absurd for most uses. (perhaps if you have a 60" LCD TV with your computer hooked up to it). But if you're an old fashioned, sit up close, task-chair (not the dreadful "manager's chair") kind of person, this is the keyboard you want.

It's not fancy. Nothing extra. No wrist rest. No "media keys". No programmable function keys. And thank goodness! The only thing the basic microsoft keyboard has over this is it has the "calculator" button, which would really be cool to have on this. But really, there was nothing wrong with the way keyboards were before, and there's nothing wrong with this one now. I love this keyboard, right out of the box.

It's surprisingly quiet too.

Why did I get this keyboard?

My new netbook (Acer Aspire One) doesn't have any ps/2 ports - which is fine 'cause they're not really used much anymore.

BUT - all of my old keyboards use PS/2 connectors. So while I DID order a PS/2 to USB connector from Amazon - it's going to take a couple of weeks to get here and I didn't want to wait.

And who knows? Perhaps when the connector comes in, my fancy keyboards from yester-years may be overshadowed by this new, basic, no-nonsense, works instantly keyboard that I picked up for $12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional keyboard that works, even with a Mac although with a few caveats, February 11, 2012
Length:: 2:09 Mins

I needed a cheap-o keyboard for an old iMac that gets infrequent use. I did not want to spend a lot of money, I just needed basic functionality. The Logitech K120 fit my budget perfectly and actually works better than I was even hoping for.

Logitech does not mention, either on the packaging or in the description that this keyboard would be Mac compatible. Technically that is true as a couple keyboard functions for the Mac are lacking such as being able to control volume and ejecting media from your DVD drive. But other than that it works just like you'd expect a keyboard for your Mac to work. And if you use a PC, you're good to go!

It's very lightweight, dare I say "cheesy" feeling and doesn't give you a feeling of quality. But I wasn't really looking for the ultimate keyboard. I just needed something inexpensive that would work and this is perfect for me needs. It actually has a fairly decent feeling in the keys and it worked right out of the box. One thing I do miss is the keyboard does not have any additional USB ports on it but that's OK for me.

It works and it's a great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a WRITER'S keyboard, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
I've had this keyboard for a few weeks now and I have to say, I love this thing. I'm a graduate student so most of my life revolves around writing papers and this is one of the better keyboards out there for pure WRITING. If you have to sit for hours at a time writing hundreds of words in an afternoon, this guy is the way to go. It's got that nice "clicky" feeling to it that my other keyboards seemed to lack. Hard to describe exactly what a keyboard FEELS like...but I think people who use their computer for heavy writing purposes will be pretty happy with this one. Plus it's uber-cheap.

Downsides: It's wired....but it feels a bit more responsive than wireless ones I've had before. Also there are no media keys on here. I'm not a big fan of having a row of useless buttons to assign to programs I don't need (like an EMAIL or a WEATHER button), but I wouldn't mind seeing some volume controls and a mute button on here. All in all, this keyboard will rock your face off.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice, simple keyboard, November 12, 2010

Pro's
good "footprint" on desk
well spaced, well sized keys with good response and feedback
inexpensive
PNP install.

Con's
slightly cheap / flimsy feeling plastic
the "legs" on the bottom are cheesy and easy to accidentally collapse or break off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this keyboard., December 21, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
I am a medical transcriptionist, so typing is my work. This keyboard is comfortable and very quiet. Very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value keyboard, July 15, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
I needed a new keyboard as we have our computer in the bedroom, and the old Dell model was driving me crazy when I was trying to sleep and my wife was typing up email after email...

I went with this model as it has the insert/delete keys in the standard set up, unlike the 'Classic' Logitech model. It is quiet and I expect it to work reliably for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Low Price, Above Decent Keyboard, August 20, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
This keyboard is extremely low priced compared to the many media and gaming ones out there. Yes, this lacks the features of macros and media keys, but for the average computer user, who only uses their computer for email, facebook, or typing reviews, this is a very affordable, durable, and quality made product from logitech. The reason why I got this keyboard was to hold off on a more expensive keyboard and mouse set up, but I'm starting to feel that may not be neccessary, because of the great quality of such a low price keyboard. The only con I can think of is that the keyboard does not really have a palm rest, but for about $5 you can buy one. This keyboard is great for computer owners on a budget, and functions just like you would expect from a logitech product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Basic Keyboard, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
Having grown weary of endlessly replacing batteries in my wireless keyboard, I decided to return to a old-school, USB keyboard. Actually, this keyboard was the SECOND attempt to replace the wireless keyboard. My first attempt was purchased from a major computer manufacturer who shall remain nameless (based in Austin, TX). Evidently, the nameless computer manufacturer shipped me a keyboard from the pile labeled 'for perfect typists only' since the backspace key was DOA out of the box.

Disappointed in my first attempt, I turned to Amazon and Logitech to provide a functional keyboard with free second day shipping (I am 'Prime'). Keyboard arrived, keyboard works, life is good.

NB: This is a BASIC keyboard, if you have grown accustomed to multi-media buttons, etc., you will want to upgrade to a more sophisticated model. However, this unit serves its function nicely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice But Not The Quietest Value Keyboard, May 17, 2011
D. Dooley (Lisle, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a quiet but functional keyboard for late night typing. I'm a touch typist who does a lot of work late at night and my main Logitech Wave keyboard is very loud. I was interested in this Logitech K120, and a Siig was also of interest. Both are offered here on Amazon, but I went to a local computer chain store and found both on display, which allowed me to test out the feel and sound of the keyboards.

The Siig JK-US0012-S1 is the better of the two. It's quieter than this Logitech and has a slightly better feel. It was also a similar price (Actually a couple of dollars cheaper in store) than the Logitech K120.

If you are a touch typist who types fast, both keyboards are still going to make noise, period. But Logitech advertises the K120 keyboard as "whisper quiet", and that's not accurate at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent keyboard for price, July 29, 2010
Feles31 (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Keyboard K120 (Personal Computers)
There is a lot to like about this keyboard: Well-made, standard key layout (not so easy to get with logitech!), great mid-rise keys (noise and feel between high-rise and laptop style), and an unbelievably reasonable price.

The only thing I could wish for is a built in, sturdy, quality wrist rest like the dinovo for notebooks.

Logitech Keyboard K120