5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Camera for Ten Bucks
Published on November 7, 2008 by J. Ogann

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay...
Published on October 18, 2008 by hyper_e

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Camera for Ten Bucks, November 7, 2008
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
I received one of these free with a more expensive camera from Amazon. I installed it on another computer (XP Pro/P4) and it really works well. Good depth of field, even in dim light. It's not as good as the $90 camera that I ordered but not bad at all for $10. I may give it to a friend so we can Skype. Don't install the software from the CD, just the driver. Also, sequence is important. Don't plug in the camera until you install the driver and restart your PC. Go to Control Panel, Scanners and Cameras and double click on the camera. This will start a wizard that will let you see the camera working. (Or single click on the camera and select get pictures.) Kimo

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay..., October 18, 2008
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
This webcam is okay. The software came without product activation key. I was able to download the driver and use the camera for chat and IM. Video capture is blurry (only if I move-lol). The picture, otherwise, is great. Its clear and bright; even in low light. I use it to keep in contact with my kids. I'm in seattle and they're in phoenix. I get to see their smiling faces and here their voices. Love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars mike, November 1, 2008
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
These labtech and logitech webcam 1200, 2200, 3200 do not have W98se drivers, as advertised.
The webcam 1200 uses the PAC207 camera chip from pixart (also known as Soc PC camera@ ), and will work using the "PCL-100k" webcam driver (install program) for W98se, available at [...] [the camera will have the name "Soc PC camera@ ",after installation].
This is probably also true for the webcam 2200, 3200 , and perhaps for other labtec webcams...FYI

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on people base your review on the price you pay, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
Some of these reviews I just don't understand. This webcam cost $7. For $7 it is GREAT! Picture quality is good, sound is good, and it connects quickly and easily.

If you wanted better quality, you should've spent more money.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY, January 11, 2010
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
I can not get it to work. I have tried on two different computers. I follow the installation process just as is says to do but the camera just won't work. Spend a little extra and buy a logitech camera, those are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect but..., September 12, 2009
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
It works well, very good image, very good sound quality, very easy set-up and installation...a very good device for such a cheap price........its just that when I bought it, I thought it would clip on my laptop...if you keep on moving your laptop, it wouldnt stay put, plus the cord is too short. I couldve given it a 4 or a 5 star, but those features irk me so much. maybe my fault too, should have checked it more. but if those features do not bother you, then by all means, i highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable webcam, May 9, 2009
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
I bought this webcam for my brother. So far he has no complaints. One thing you need to know, the "clip" doesn't move (not adjustable). So technically its not really a clip since it cannot be adjusted. The cam works well though.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, April 18, 2009
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
It's a bit grainy but does the job nicely however, the built in mic isn't exactly 'good.'

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, February 14, 2009
bmkd (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Labtec Webcam 2200 (Electronics)
My brother and I wanted to get webcams, so we can video call each other via Skype. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, since this is the first time I ever did anything like this. After much shopping around, I decided to give this webcam a try. I only paid $10 for it, so I figured there is not much to lose. The software CD that came with the webcam didn't work, but I was able to download the software directly from the company's website. The software is very basic. There is nothing fancy here. The webcam pretty much worked right away after I had the software installed. Just plugged it into the USB drive and it worked. It works really good with Skype. The picture and microphone quality isn't bad, but I really don't have anything to compare it with. My brother bought the Logitech Quickcam S5500 (he paid $40), and his picture quality isn't much better. For now, I will keep this webcam and don't see a need to spend any more money on another webcam. If you are looking for something basic that's easy to use, and you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would definitely recommend this webcam.

Labtec Webcam 2200