- Brand Name: Logitech
- Model Number: 961239-0403
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Hardware Platform: Mac, Pc
- Video Capture Resolution: 1280 x 960
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 640 x 480 video resolution and 1280 x 960 photo resolution
- Built-in microphone
- USB 1.1 interface
- Includes a full suite of camera utility software
- Compatible with Windows 98, 2000, Me, and XP; Mac OS X 10.1.5 to 10.2.6
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Now you can create amazing videos and shoot 1.3-megapixel still photos with ease. Or add live video to Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, and AIM while you chat. You can also make live video calls, set up a video monitoring system, or send photos and video with your e-mail. Enhance the way you communicate and animate your life.
Add live video to your favorite instant messenger: MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), Yahoo! Messenger, and Windows Messenger
|Product Features |
Set it up on any monitor
The flexible back lets you shape it to match your monitor's profile. Or use the camera with its base on any flat surface.
Send video greetings instantly
Record a video to congratulate your friend on her new promotion. Just click your mouse once to send her a video e-mail. Isn't that simple?
Automatic face-tracking follows your actions!
It's easy to stay the center of attention during your video IM or video calling session. It automatically zooms in and follows your movements.
Chat face-to-face online
Video-chat with your best friend or relative using your instant messenger service. The built-in mic lets you express yourself.
The Creative Way to Get Closer
- Video capture: Up to 640 x 480 pixels (VGA CCD)
- Still image capture: Up to 1280 x 960 pixels, 1.3 megapixels
- Frame rate: Up to 30 frames per second (with recommended system)
- FREE Logitech IM Video Companion
- Live video-enabled Yahoo! Messenger
- One-click video e-mail software
- Video broadcasting software
- Web album creator software
- Web camera software
- Motion detection software
- Animation software
Top Customer Reviews
1. I use windows XP on my home pc and it installed the drivers for the Pro 4000 simply and efficiantly & works great.
2. The picture you get from the webcam is very, very clear, even when lighting is to a minimum. I bought this webcam so i could use it to see family in the UK, my brother purchased a more expensive one and the Picture quality between the two is beyond comparison, the Pro 4000 outshines his phillips and my mothers logitech messenger.
3. I like the auto zoom feature and you can also manualy zoom as well, so you have the best of both worlds.
Here's the negative...
1. Yes the microphone is sensative and does pick up background noise, if your having a party or playing loud music it's gonna pick it up.
2. The USB cable is a little heavy and can move your webcam a little, depends on how much slack you have for the wire. But you dont have to be a rocket scientist to tape a little slack down at the back of your PC so it does'nt move.
3. Reviews have mentioned how flimsy the base is, but I have had no problems with that.
4. It should come with more directions. Installation directions are basic, but ok. Needs to have directions regarding the software that comes with it, the movie maker is fun but it's gonna take you a while to find out what does what, just be patient!
5. If you want this webcam to take quality digital pics then dont bother, pics turn out grainy & not at all good quality.
6.Read more ›
First of all may I suggest that you don't test it out, first thing in the morning, when you have bed head? The startling clarity and resolution might depress you, as it did me. Heh.
This cam's resolution and speed is remarkable. It's comparable to the laser sharp quality imaging you get with a digital camera ... crisp, clean and very responsive. Movement is immediate, there's no lag or delay, it's like using a video camera; it's that quick. On messenger chat, there is some delay, but that has more to do with the messenger server than the camera itself.
I had an old logitech webcam that was grainy in picture, but still acceptable for using in conferences and on chat. I decided to spend the money and buy the pro version as an indulgence. The contrasting difference between the old cam and the new one is amazing. I cannot praise it enough.
The software included with the camera is neat too ... offering a wide array of image recording from the single photo to video stream to setting up an online webcam. Roxio is another software program included in the package that allows you to later burn your video/images onto a CD (if you have a CD burner). The software also comes with something called face centering ... this takes tonalities and hues of the person in the image and makes sure it's evenly presented when a photo is snapped.
The camera itself has a little button on the top of it that you can press to take single shots, as well as a privacy guard to put down over the lens when not in use.
The only negative would be the lack of manual that comes with the camera. Logitech ships it with a single sheaf of paper, explaining how to install, but nothing about how to use the software in the package.Read more ›
1) Best image clarity on the market. I have Comcast High-speed Internet and use it with their "Video Mail" software to outstanding result!
2) Ease of set-up and installation for inexperienced and experienced alike.
3) Simple user interface (software).
(Note: all 'cons' are of a relatively insignificant nature, and in no way interfere with the actual performance of this webcam.)
1) "Flimsy stand"- Explanation: I think most users are referring to a small, screw-in piece, which connects the camera to the base. This piece has a tendency to loosen with movement, but like I said, "screw-in" -- solution? ==> tighten it back down! If you are one of those people who like to frequently move your camera about for better angles and such, a single droplet (and I do mean ONE DROPLET) of your favorite brand of cyanoacrylate adhesive (aka- "Krazy Glue" or "Super Glue") applied to the threads with the tip of toothpick should solve your woes. I say only one droplet because this piece is made to be replaceable, and allows for a wider array of mounting options, if you get too "krazy" with the "Krazy Glue" these options will no longer be available to you should you need them; or if you break the piece somehow, you'd have to buy a complete new stand from Logitech, rather than just ordering a new connector.
2) "The microphone is too sensitive." Explanation: Granted, the mic IS very sensitive, but is this really a problem? Depending on your application, it could prove beneficial.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
While it performed well as a webcam, i modified the camera to be used with my telescope as an autoguider. Very Good.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great for web chats and conferences. Ive had this for many years and it still works. Amazing.Published 21 days ago by Mr. Bond
Great camera for a computer and worked well ...took great pics!Published 12 months ago by Brenda S. Wingate
Works well.. sends a good picture.. plug and play means easy to hook up.Published 15 months ago by James G. Anastos TELLS THE TRUTH which is less helpful to sellers.
This camera is at least 11 years old. I'm not even kidding, I have one in my order history from February 2003. Skip this, and get something newer. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Nick
I bought this a hundred years ago. Does anyone use these anymore? It has been in a drawer for several years. It is free to anyone who wants it.Published 22 months ago by Richard Allen Pope
Family and friends love this product and it gets lots of use. I would recommend it to all I know. Thank you for fast delivery!Published 23 months ago by Beverly Mueller