- Brand Name: Logitech
- Model Number: 961410-0403
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Audio Input: Built-in microphone
- Video Capture Resolution: 640 x 480
Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Sensor - High quality VGA
- Video Capture - Up to 640 x 480 pixels 30 frames per second AVIs
- Still Image Capture - 1.3 mexapixels (interpolated) BMP, JPEG
- Field of View - 42 degrees horizontal
- USB 2.0 and 1.1 compliant
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The Communicate STX works with all popular Instant Messenger services, including AIM, AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and Windows Messenger (on XP). You'll get ultra sharp video IM, and the STX will let you know you're "live" with its vivid blue activity light.
Ready for the next level in Internet communication? The Communicate STX will take you there in style. Make live video calls and share photos seamlessly with Logitech's VideoCall for broadband. Communicate STX even lets you "go big" by taking your video full-screen, and makes it a snap to attach videos and photos to e-mail.
The STX is easy to set up, includes a free clip to fit virtually any CRT monitor, flat panel display, or notebook PC, and comes complete with all of the software you need for an outstanding video communication experience.
- Power boost your video. The Communicate STX uses high performance optics that captures great video, and snaps still images at an impressive 1.3 megapixel (interpolated) quality.
- Add video to your Instant Messages. Video-chat with your friends using MSN Messenger, AIM/AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), Yahoo! Messenger, or Windows Messenger (on XP). It's easy, fun, and far more personal than ordinary text messaging.
- Instantly attach photos and video to e-mail. Communicate STX comes with Logitech's easy-to-use QuickCam software, which automatically integrates with all popular e-mail programs. Take photos, record videos, and send them to friends in a snap.
- Make live video calls to friends and family. This is the next best thing to being there in person. Now you can make two-way, real-time video calls with integrated audio--the perfect way to stay in touch with the people you care about.
What's in the Box
Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX camera, a high-quality VGA sensor, a built-in microphone, a fixed-focus lens, a 6-foot USB cable, a round desktop base, an adjustable monitor clip, an installation CD (including a user guide, a quick-start guide, and bundled software), and warranty information.
Top Customer Reviews
I chose the Logitech for the following reasons:
- I didn't see much in the way of installation complaints in the reviews
- Several people had mentioned how good the low-light capabilities were
- I knew for sure it could attach to a flat-panel display, since I only have a laptop at home.
Overall, I think it's a good choice:
- The picture is very clear - surprisingly so. I wasn't expecting such good resolution. In fact, I have an 8x10 picture of a bunny on the far wall of my home office (~12 feet away) - if I move my head out of the way, the camera picks it up very clearly. Up close, it seems to be able to "see clearly" to about 6 inches. Anyway, none of my friends have nearly as good a resolution on their cameras, and all have commented on what a great picture they get from me.
- The installation was very easy - just pop in the CD, let it run, reboot, and plug in the camera when prompted (this is for Windows XP).
- As others stated in their reviews, the low-light filter is very good. My home office is fairly dimly lit, and I use the camera mostly at night. Without the low-light filter, this wouldn't be possible.
- The frame speed is pretty good - if you move fairly fast, like waving your arms or fingers at a decent speed, the image will blur. But normal movements - like moving your head around to look at different things, or reaching back to stretch, are just fine.Read more ›
The mic works perfect, I've been able to have full conversations with my friends while the video is streaming, and it does stream beautifully. My best friend who lives an hour away (we got them to keep in touch) was impressed with the quality. It's almost like television it's that good.
The camera also comes with 1.3 megapixel still camera capabilities. I've already used this feature and the shots are great. Much better quality than I would expect from a web cam.
The attachment that fits on my flat panel moniter pivots so I can point the lens where ever I need it.
All in all great web cam and as a first time owner of one I couldn't be happier with my choice!
This black orb is just bigger than an egg with a claw grip that you can bend around almost anything but is especially designed for LCD monitors, but has no problem with CRT or desks. In fact it has the same grip as the Quickcam pro model from Logitech and maybe if you look at this products photographs you can see it. Okay, so that is your stand. The camera itself looks like HAL from 2001. Pity the central camera lens doesn't glow red, ha aha. It even lights up blue on top when on. Very snazz camera, period.
The ball orb camera thing must click into the stand. The directions do not make this very clear and some may be inclined to just let the camera orb rest on the stand, but it clicks into place so that it can bend and rotate on its axis firmly attached to the claw grip. The cable is a direct camera to USB2 that runs about the height of an average person, so if you want it to see further you need a USB2 to USB2 extension. However the cable is adequate for most.
With XP driver installation is crazy at best. Do not use the windows drivers or the webcam may cause Windows crashing. Do not plug in the webcam. Insert the CD. Install the driver software.Read more ›
-Easy set up, as others have stated just run the included program from the CD. I checked the Logitech web site and found newer drivers and a newer QucikCam package and grabbed that. I had my dad install the full sweet so he could play around with different features and it worked perfectly. I didn't want the extra features and just extracted the drivers, works equally well but you don't get the Control Panel feature, you can only access the cameras fine controls from the application you are using (i.e. Video set up from within your messenger app).
-Awesome low ligth filter! As others have stated, it really works and makes a huge difference. My office is right off the living room and I use a lot of indirect light to reduce glare, this puts very little light behind me (i.e. in direct line of the camera lens). With other cams this has created a very dark picture, but the the Communicate STX and it's Low Light boost the image looks great and very well color balanced.
-Great Framerate! Again as others have stated, you get a pretty smooth framerate but it does depend on your connection speed. I have tested this cam on MSN Messenger 7.5 and the latest build of Yahoo Messenger, and I would agree with others, MSN Messenger handles video much better with this cam (and several others I have tried).
-Good sound quality. The integragted mic is adequate but not stunning, but does work well with no real tweaking necessary.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good when there was no built in web cams, wiggled around on computer sometimesPublished 19 months ago by Lisa Bain
Image quality seems to be good, I sent it to my mom to use for video chatting with the family, it's didn't come with the stand that's shown in the picture. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Brian K. Spence
I just bought a new desktop PC with Windows 8.1 OS to replace a Windows XP which I had to shut down because of lack of support from Microsoft. Read morePublished on April 17, 2014 by cjeagle