5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Logitech Attack 3 Batman!
Published on August 1, 2005 by Gregory Hoover

3.0 out of 5 stars A good beginners stick.
Published on April 8, 2006 by freekill

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Logitech Attack 3 Batman!, August 1, 2005
Gregory Hoover (Santa Clarita, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
I needed a joystick, nothing fancy just something simple. I bought one that was a little too simple for about $16. I needed ANOTHER one. I found this Logitech Attack 3 one, for also $16. The caliber of the LA3 in quality and use is amazing. This joystick is fantastic. The stick itself is spring loaded but feels like it's gliding. The buttons and trigger are all on hair touches making for easy presses. And the throttle is a gliding scroll button that's very smooth and never leaves where you put it. One hand works the stick while the other works the bottom buttons and throttle. If you need a joy stick for some simple flying and dog fighting, (i.e. Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed) then the Logitech Attack 3 is perfect for you. Low price that delivers way more than it should. If you're a "sim" kind of guy then no, don't get this because it's not a sim stick, it's a joy stick, and it will bring you joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars logitech attack 3 joystick, August 2, 2006
Harry Wallace (Elk Grove, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
This joystick is solidly built & comforatable during long sessions. It's a pleasure to use. The 12 programmable buttons make it very adaptable ( good for MS Flight Simulator ). Plus, the reasonable price makes it easy to afford. Overall I would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, July 11, 2006
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
Unit installed in seconds with no false starts or headaches of any kind. The base is wide and heavy and when placed on a mouse pad doesn't move around at all, even when I get a little too "into" my flight sim games. One can't beat the price either. For flying prop planes, I am very saisfied with the performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Joystick, Heavy Base, Good Feel, Works Like It Should, June 23, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
I'm only writing this because I think the review, the only review at this point, is misleading. I have used the Attack 3 joystick for over a year now with WinXP and I haven't had one thought about this joystick working or not working, it just always worked. I think that it should have been obvious that there was something wrong with the system, not the joysticks, especially given that not one of the three they sent ever worked.
At least they were under warranty!
Anyway, I fly flight sims almost daily and have used this thing, no problems, and have been happy for two reasons: It has a comfortable solid feel and it doesn't skimp on the number of buttons. But because I use this for flying, I wish it had an eight way hat switch instead of the 4 directional buttons at the top so that I could not only look up, down, left, and right, but I could look up-left, up-right, and so on.
In summary, this joystick is a good value because for the price you pay you get the comfort, durability, and functionality that you will not get with joysticks from other companies. Logitech does not make products like the first reviewer describes or they would have been out of business a long time ago!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good beginners stick., April 8, 2006
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
I just purchased mine today and am quite happy with it so far. It works quite well with sp2 on xp pro and i didn't even have to reboot. Just plugged it in and away it went. The only criticism i have is it doesn't 'float' the way i thought it would. Moving the stick from one extreme to the other there is a noticable klunkyness to it. The base however is weighed enough and wide enough so it doesnt tilt.

Summary: If you are a beginner you should be thrilled with it. (It's nice not having to wrestle with a mouse to out maneuver the enemy.) But, like somebody has already said, it's not something for the seasoned stick users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for FS2002, December 25, 2005
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
As the title explains, this is primarily used for simple games such Microsoft's Flight Simulator Series, and I have never had a problem with it on my CPU. Most of the problems come from a CPU not being able to handle the strain of USB devices, which is why USB is not recommended for gaming devices unless there isn't anything else, but for easy going games such as simple flying games with no crazy dogfighting or anything else, this is a great buy. All calibration issues can be solved by calibrating the joystick once a week, even if it doesn't need it. Even though its not stated anywhere, I've done it out of habit and none of the joysticks I've had has been messed up.

But the joystick also lacks a rudder feature which can actually be a problem. That is the one of the two flaws I can find in it. The other is that it doesn't have a 360 degree turning so you have to use the keyboard to switch views.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Joystick Ever!, June 29, 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
This joystick is the most reliable, durable, and high quality joystick that a person could buy. I have had one for 4 years and have used it on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 AND X, Il-2 1946, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator,Star Wars Battlefront 1&2, and Aliens vs. Predator 2. On all of the games the joystick performs flawlessly with no interface problems and exceptional smoothness. On all flight simulation games this joystick is almost perfect, the only flaw being the lack of a hat switch. But the 12 programmable buttons pretty much compensate for all problems, because you can still use the numpad for view. On first and third person shooters, this joystick has more than enough buttons for the jobs at hand, and all of the main buttons are within an inch of each other at the top of the grip. The ergonomics on this joystick are as good as or better than some of the grips molded to follow the contours of the hand. Also, because of the symmetrical design, it can be used comfortably with either hand for quite a period of time. My personal record was 5 hours using this joystick nonstop, and when I finished, there was no soreness or blistering.(For the record and all of you folks thinking I'm lying and\or crazy, I fly HARD!) Also, there is a large amount of punishment that the Attack 3 can withstand. Mine has been dropped from at least 2 feet uncountable times, and it still works perfectly. Perhaps one of the best features is the fact that this joystick is plug-and-play for ALL operating systems. No, not just Windows. This Works flawlessly on every Mac OS I have ever tried it on, from 9.0 to X. It also works on anything between Windows 98 through Vista without any software installation. All in all, there is nothing that this joystick can't excell at, and for the price it goes for, it's amazing that more people haven't heard about it. This joystick is quite possibly the best money you're ever going to spend, and it proves why it's called a JOYstick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stick, November 25, 2007
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
The Attack 3 has been a solid sturdy joystick for me. I have used it primarily with flight simulators, but it could be adaptable to a lot of genres.

The lack of a twist function is the only thing that bothered me, as it could be used for ground steering and be a little more realistic. I have had a lot of no-name sticks that didn't last long at all, but if the Attack 3 stands up to what I throw at it, I have confidence it should work well for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Attack 3 Joystick purchase from TigerDirect, August 3, 2006
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
This device is just what I needed! It is a high-quality USB product and very responsive. I simply plugged it into the 2.0 USB port and it configured itself and was ready for action. I got an excellent price for the joystick and it arrived in 3 days after it shipped. I commend the vendor for his speedy service and exceptional packaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars careful, no twist, September 13, 2006
S. Warburton (flagstaff, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Personal Computers)
I haven't had this long enough to speak about durability, but if you're into things Mechwarrior, be aware this joystick has no stick twist capability, making it useless for games where this an issue.

Logitech Attack 3 Joystick