1,239 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound, small price
Hi,
I know that when we purchase budget speakers we would like to find a gem hidden in the clutter as these are low-engineered just to sell...I believe in all honesty that Logitech did something right with this particular model.

Published on November 30, 2011 by jose.lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor compared to earlier prodcuts
I bought these as a replacement for a previous pair of Logitech speakers I owned (Model #980-000048), which were also $20 speakers. Being the same price, I assumed I could expect similar sound, quality, and features. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Published 19 months ago by Jacob Wanous

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound, small price, November 30, 2011
Hi,

I read the pro and con reviews from my fellow shoppers and understand that one person's good experience is the antithesis to someone else's flop.
I just wanted something to connect my HD radio at work and felt these would be in line with Frisby (cannot recall which model as they are not labeled), I bought them some time ago and feel they are OK, with the caveat of no low end.

Wow! these little Z130 devils pack a punch that I could not believe when I connected them to the cable box to listen to music as a test. Granted, 5 watts is not a lot but in a small apartment they are both loud and deep (bass-wise). In the office I would get complaints from adjacent cubicles so they are staying home and the Frisby speakers have been relegated to office duty.
I connected the Z130s to the laptop and TV and highly recommend them. Once again, I understand that no matter what brand people purchase there will always be those cases where they malfunction for whatever reason (cold-solder joints, sub-par components, etc.)
Hopefully, these will last me for a while as I plan to eventually get a 3 piece to watch action movies and really rumble the house.
Enjoy your sound experience whatever you decide on...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bang for your buck, November 29, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
I've used these speakers for about a week and am impressed thus far. They are several times louder than my laptop and better quality sound as well. They do tweak out at 80% or higher volume, but below 80% is plenty loud. I would definitely recommend these speakers thus far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
I originally purchased the $10 logitech speakers from wal mart because of their great reviews on amazon- they had horrible interference on one side- I returned them to wal mart and got these. I have a Bose surround sound system for my t.v. so I am spoiled sound wise but I just wanted something really inexpensive to hook up to the computer to listen to internet radio when I'm working and I have to say these are not bad at all for that. They sound pretty good for only paying $25. If you are planning to crank them up really loud they aren't as good but at regular volumes they are pretty good. I'm enjoying the ability to listen to pandora- these are a good buy for the money- if you just want something inexpensive and you aren't going to pick the sound apart these are a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect desktop speakers, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
I wanted to have some small speakers for my desktop PC just to have sound. I always wore headphone which was annoying after a short time.
I am very surprised about the great sound. It is more than enought for a small room and for the games I play or videos I am watching. The stereo sound is great. It seems the sound comes directly from the monitor. I cannot localize the source only by listening. And they look precious.

The only thing I didn't know when I bought it that you need separate connection to the AC outlet. I thought it will only connected with USB. But this doesn't matter much.

I am happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for Notbook, February 18, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
With a reasonable price, delivers an acceptable clear sound. It's not made for playing games or blast your windows, but it's a great companion for a laptop. I'm happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great speakers for the price, February 28, 2011
Larry E. Gilbert "leghome" (Markleville, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
I purchased a new flat screen monitor and it did not have the speakers like my old one did so I went shopping for new speakers. The Logitech Z130 speakers have proven to be an exceptional value. The volume control on the speaker is a nice option that none of my others speaker sets have ever had. I am very pleased with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor compared to earlier prodcuts, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)

The first issue came immediately after the unboxing. I use two monitors and prefer to have the speakers on each side of them (not in between) so that I can have screens as close together as possible. Unfortunately, the cord between the two speakers was too short to allow for this, so I was forced to put one of the speakers in between my monitor. This was not an issue with the previous speakers, and it seems like a huge oversight on the part of Logitech.

Once I did have them hooked up, I was severely disappointed with the sound quality. The speakers have virtually no bass compared to the other speakers, which actually sounded really good. They don't handle louder volumes well, and I find myself avoiding using them for any sort of music or video (anything besides voice chat basically). I realize they're only $20 speakers so I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but these weren't even better than internal laptop speakers.

Additionally, these speakers no longer have an input jack like the previous speakers did, which was handy when I wanted to listen to something off of my smartphone. This was probably my own mistake for not reading the description closely enough before buying, but it's just another example of how Logitech cut quality & features while still charging the same price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent little speaker for those that aren't overly worried about sound quality, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
Pros:
- They're cheap
- Loud for 5W
- Small footprint

Cons:
- Distortion after approx 1/2 vol
- Mid range is as low as they go.

For a $15 set of speakers, these aren't too bad. My application is connected to a desktop in a home office. For this, I appreciate that these take up very little space. Even the power adapter is small (these are powered off of a wall outlet, not USB). Given that they are only a 5W pair, these speakers put out a lot of sound. Casual listening is about 1/4 volume (all volume points references are with the sound card output set at 100% and refer to the position of the volume knob on the speakers). At 1/2 volume, they can be heard in half of the rooms in the house. It's a good thing that you would never need to go past 1/2 volume, because that's where the distortion really kicks in. Nasty, raspy distortion. Below that point, the sound is, well, it's ok. These speakers have a fairly limited range with decent highs but really nothing lower than mid range sound. This leaves your music sounding a little hollow. If you're serious about your music, or want something for gaming, you'll want to pass on these. But for my application, I'm pleased overall with these given the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Economy speakers that sound GREAT!, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
I purchased these speakers for use in my office. My laptop speakers just didn't cut it.

Wow! I thought they'd sound 'okay', but the speakers sound EXCELLENT for a standard need. I can hear everything clearly, no odd vibrations or rattles. I've listened to voice, music, and a movie. The bass is about a 3.5/5, but still exerts a strong enough feeling not to be overbearing. Leans a tad on the treble side because of that, but I would definitely buy them again and recommend them unless I was wanting something to rock out shaking objects in my room with the sound.

AC powered. Medium cord length. Headphone jack. Volume control - medium on half way.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S OWN VOLUME CONTROL, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Logitech Speakers Z130 (Personal Computers)
These speakers work and look great! Having their own volume control allows you to turn the volume down real low if someone in the area is trying to sleep. I recommend purchasing a set with their own volume control. Having their own headphone jack allows you to plug in your headphones without first unplugging the speakers. Although pictured with an orange power light, mine came with a green light instead which is somewhat more appealing to the eye.

If I had to complain about anything it would be that the speakers and power cord appeared to be completely unpackaged and then haphazardly repacked with no written instruction or warranty and a roughed up box which was taped over. Nevertheless, the speakers appeared to be in NEW condition and work well. The seller was InnovSoftware.

Logitech Speakers Z130