Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on July 3, 2007
Had to buy one of these while in Australia. Ended up paying US$25 for it. Guess it's not much more than the regular price on Amazon.

It's lightweight. minimal padding for the ears. Boom mic swings almost 180 degress. Sound is good to excellent with Skype calling. And the headset's cord length is over 6 feet which is nice. The box it came in didn't give the length and you couldn't see it due to the package material hiding it.

edit 2008 - Dec
Sadly, my dog decided they looked tasty enough to eat when I wasn't looking. I mention it only because they were still working fine since I bought them.

Don't know why some people were having trouble with the mic or placement of the mic's swing arm. I write it off as personal opinion and user error.
0Comment37 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2009
My version of this headset worked just fine. At a good price, it should be worth the money. The cable is long. You can mute the microphone and adjust the volume directly. The microphone also swivels in/out of the way. I use this regularly with skype and it does the job.

Maybe the bad reviews refer to product problems. Mine works fine.
on November 13, 2009
The headset itself has a perfectly decent quality fit and sound. The quality of the outgoing voice from the microphone is also acceptable...when it works.

The "when" is the problem. This headset effectively operates the way a speakerphone does with a noise canceling feature that often cancels out MY voice as I'm trying to speak on the phone. Because the unit provides no feedback when you're talking, you can't tell what has been heard and what hasn't been heard until you figure it out from long pauses when the other party doesn't reply...or when they ask if you're still there.

If it weren't for the poor microphone/noise canceling design, this probably would have been a decent product.
on July 6, 2009
The sound from the speakers was good and voice recorded through mic was also quite clear.

Therefore, this would be a good product if the microphone had not died about 4 months after buying. I don't know why.

As others have also reported, this product is not durable.
on June 18, 2009
When my old Logitech Premium headset keeled over, I sought a replacement, and came home with these. My old headset was a favorite with good sound and adequate voice capabilities. Though comparably priced, the new Clearchat headset is uncomfortable and though music has good bass response there's no high end. I mean almost none. I'm returning mine. Seems like brand loyalty is just pointless now, with varying product quality.
on July 11, 2012
I wanted a headset for two reasons.
1. Audio input for hobby video projects (e.g., recording voice tracks, voice chat for collaborations on Skype)
2. Listening to music online without not bothering anyone else in the house

That's all I wanted, and this headset just got the job done.

I'm no audiophile, so I can't really comment on the sound. I have a fairly expensive stereo system in my room, so naturally the sound quality that this headset offers pales in comparison, but I wasn't looking for that. The sound quality is adequate, the recording quality is acceptable. The headset will pick up a lot of background noise when it records, but that can be easily remedied by a quick filter on audio software.

I think I bought the headset for $15 at Walmart. I've had this headset for about 3 years now, and it's also very important to me that this headset is durable. Other people in my house have sat on it, thrown it on the floor, and rolled over the cord with the chair, but it still works perfectly.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. =D
on June 6, 2013
I needed an inexpensive but functional headset with a USB plug-in. I was not being overly demanding, based on the VERY reasonable price being charged. That said, here's from the very first line of the product description - "USB plug-and-play connection, no drivers needed".

Received it promptly, opened the package and - no. It is most certainly not USB plugin. It's the old round "jack" style plug.
on August 10, 2008
This is a very solid headset for the price it is offered at. The sound quality is very good, with excellent bass.The only problem was that after a week of use, the microphone inexplicably proceeded to stop working.
on May 7, 2013
Let me describe to you the current state of my Logitech Clearchat Stereo Headset.

At this time, the right speaker is hanging off. It will still stay connected via the serrated plastic part that is used for adjusting the fit, but try to make it too big and it'll fall off and hang by the wire. The microphone lists to one side, as it has worn to the point that it no longer fits quite right in its socket. There is EXPOSED COPPER WIRING protruding from the top part that wraps around your head. I mean it when I say exposed. The rubber sheathe has worn away. It looks like it got in a fight with a grizzly and won. Barely.

Point is, it still works like the day I bought it 2 years ago (possibly 3? I've had thing this for a long time).

I told my online buddies about the state of the headset, and they told me they couldn't tell from the sound. Apparantly, it transmits sound just fine. I considered buying another, fancier headset, but decided that if I can get the rough equivalent of an indestructible terminator for this price, I'll just stick with it. I now have another one of these for the day when the old one eventually craps out. Maybe I'll give it a viking burial. Maybe it will never die. We'll see.
on July 8, 2012
I've actually been using this headset for over a year now and have not had one problem with it. I run a video review show on Youtube and it has worked great. The microphone part is really good, the noise cancelling is good and it picks up my voice very easily and the volume of my voice is the perfect volume to where I don't have to edit the volume like so many of my other microphones.

The only setback for this headset is the headphones. The sound from the headphones is awful. Everything just sounds more condensed and lower in quality through the headphones. I nearly thought the microphone was the problem but when I plugged in a different set of headphones, the mic recording sounded normal. So I always plug in a set of earphones and never use the headphones part of the headset.

So overall, the microphone is really good and is definitely sold at a great price but it would have been perfect if the headphones equaled the quality of the microphone.