4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not perfect.
I've owned this mouse now for several weeks. Not long enough to comment on battery life, so far, but I can say that for a mouse its performance is decent. This is, by definition, a portable mouse so it's somewhat small. I have large hands and I was worried that this would be an issue, but it turns out that it's not too bad at all.

With that being said, I'm not...
Published on September 22, 2008 by CaptainBG1

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better
Pros:
* Connects quickly and flawlessly with my Macbook laptop via the bluetooth connection.
* No USB connectors tying up precious slots.
* Good ergonomics. Some have claimed that the mouse is too small. I'm a fairly average sized adult man & have no problems.
* Seems to be solidly constructed with good quality.
* Love the right and left clicks...
Published on February 7, 2009 by Allan Ray Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, February 7, 2009
This review is from: Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (White) (Personal Computers)
Pros:
* No USB connectors tying up precious slots.
* Seems to be solidly constructed with good quality.
* Love the right and left clicks and the fact that the scroll wheel can also "rock" left & right for additional programmed actions.
* Uses standard AA batteries.
* Comes with a nice travel pouch (mouse house) to store it in when not in use or on the road.

Cons:
* As others have said the mouse goes into power saving (green) mode way too quickly. When you move it after just a few (~ 9) seconds of being idle it has to wake up before it reacts. I haven't found it too annoying, but it is noticeable.
* The scroll wheel moves the window way too slowly. And yes, I did adjust the scroll speed to the maximum rate under Preferences and yes I did load and update the drivers to the most recent version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not perfect., September 22, 2008
CaptainBG1 (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews

With that being said, I'm not certain whether all bluetooth mice seem to be jumpy, or if I've just been having lousy luck. After leaving the mouse still for about 10 seconds (or any amount of time longer) when you first move it it'll jump a bit. You'll have to do that "Ok, where's the cursor" thing for a second or two, but then you find it and it works fairly well. It does not perform well at all with the native Mac mouse driver, but once you install the Logitech software and play with the settings a bit, it tracks and scrolls much better and with an accuracy as good or better than any other bluetooth mouse I've used. I try to avoid installing unnecessary software but the Logitech Control Center makes a big difference here.

As for physical design, Logitech did a great job. It feels solid and well-built. The buttons and scroll wheel button give a nice satisfying click, with just the right amount of resistance. Of course, all the buttons are programmable. I honestly feel like I could throw it across the room and it'd come back for more - which is good since as a portable device it's intended to travel. Like I said before: the mouse is a bit small, but it's got a nice steep curve to it so it's easy to grip and I don't get cramps in my hand from trying to use it. You can tell that they definitely paid attention to ergonomics while trying to maintain portability.

Despite being all plastic, the silvery colored parts are intended to match the anodized aluminum of modern macs and their keyboards. This mouse matches my aluminum wireless keyboard perfectly. Plus, despite what the product pics show, the little light on top lights up blue - not green - to indicate a successful pairing or connection.

The only difference between this mouse and it's PC cousin is the color of the plastic, and this mouse works just fine on Windows.

This mouse may not be perfect, but I believe it's flaws are more from Bluetooth than from this mouse. I'm glad I bought it, and I'd do so again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Install the drivers, July 22, 2008
Typical Logitech quality. Includes all the expected configuration options for the buttons and wheel. Initially attempted to use the mouse as a plug-and-play on a MacPro, but repeatedly kept losing the Bluetooth link-up. Once the drivers were installed, it worked flawlessly. Nitpick: Prefer smooth-scrolling wheels, which this mouse does not have.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd look around some more., April 15, 2009
Used with a wireless mac key board and mac mini. Pros: Small footprint, pretty, has a mac-like look. Cons: Tracking is a pain, it takes a few seconds to activate when the computer wakes from sleep. The tracking for me is the major issue, even after adjusting the mouse settings it still moves either too fast and overshoots the target, or it moves too slowly. After you get used to it though it's not so bad. I'd keep looking to see if there's something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse for my MacBook Pro, September 26, 2010
The mouse is small enough to be portable, but big enough to used on a daily basis. The battery life is great; I'm still using the original batteries that came with the mouse after a couple weeks of daily use.

The only downfall of the product that I have noticed is that its response is slightly delayed upon waking my computer. This lasts for only a second and only returns when I wake my computer again from sleep mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Install the latest Logitech software!, March 31, 2009
Make sure you download and install the latest Logitech software for this mouse (for OS X) from the Logitech website. If you don't the mouse cursor speed and feel is awful and skittery no matter how you set it in the system preferences. When you install the Logitech software you get fine control over the mouse sensitivity and scroll speed and can dial in the feel of the mouse to your exact taste.

The only reason I don't give it five stars is because the Logitech software is not very intuitive, leading to some confusion as to how to tweak the cursor and scroll speed. Not a disaster of an interface, but not well thought out either.

4.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, October 13, 2010
Works as well as an old tech USB mouse but without the plug-in bother. I use this Bluetooth Mouse on my new MacBook and it works all the time which is a big improvement over my old Microsoft wireless mouse which worked only 50% of the time.

I had read on Amazon that several persons had trouble with this mouse, but it was usually because they decided to not install the software. I installed the software immediately and it was just go go go from then on. I do notice the pointer movement is a bit jittery for the first 10 or 15 seconds when my Mac is first turned on, but it soon settles down and works smoothly from then on.

I am glad I bought it. This white Logitech mouse is a perfect match for my white MacBook, and could not be easier to carry and to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Cursor Accuracy, June 6, 2010
B. Clark (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This mouse has attractive features. Bluetooth, vertical horizontal scrolling, plus a scroll button button that you can use for zooming. However the tracking and cursor movement are poor which makes it really frustrating to use. If you have to correct a movement more often when you are trying to click on something its not worth using a mouse. I would strongly urge you to check you bluetooth urge. Even though bluetooth is a sexy technology there are alternatives. Logitech has a Unifying technology that acts much like bluetooth, allowing you to use mulitple devices on some tiny usb dongle. I'm not sure what their deal is. Why not just make a decent bluetooth mouse? I just bought a Logitevh ANywhere Mouse MX mouse. I'm please with the movement and accuracy. Light years ahead of the v470. The v470 is on pare with wheel mice from the early 90s. The Anywhere Mx is very nice and has Darkfield laser tecnology that allows you to use it on glass. Pretty sweet. A little more but worth it you want a mouse that works well. If I had to buy again I might get one similar with a few more buttons as the scrolll wheel is dedicated to switching between two types of scrolling modes and can not be used for zooming. I'm returning the v470 what a gip. : (

2.0 out of 5 stars Died after 4 months of use. Slow response., April 16, 2013
Hiroyuki Ikezi (Rancho Santa Fe, CA) - See all my reviews
This was the first time I used Bluetooth mouse. I purched two of this, one for Macbook air and the other for Mac Pro.

The one used with Macbook air worked 4 months and suddenly died. The computer does not find it. ( I know the procedures to make connections. )

This mouse does not respond quickly, especially after a short pause of use. This makes the mouse unsusable for sound recording on my Mac Pro, which requires quick responses. So, I trushed both mouses. I now use $15 USB mouses which have quick response and make no connection problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mouse for my Mac, April 6, 2013
A great product that works on all surfaces, from my dining room table to my recliner chair arm. I love it that I don't have to dedicate a USB port (1 of 2) on my mac to an receiver for a mouse. I love Blue tooth.

Rate and Discover Movies