1,017 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for podcasts, listening to music, internet telephone
Published on August 1, 2008 by Debbie Lee Wesselmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Good set but hurts my ears
I purchased this unit as my computer doesn't have a mic plug on the front, meaning when I switch between my speakers and using a mike I would have to crawl around behind the computer. I ordered these because of the promise of the usb plug (which Ihave on the front of the computer)

Published on June 11, 2008 by Mark Butler

3.0 out of 5 stars Good set but hurts my ears, June 11, 2008
Mark Butler (Northwest Washington USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390 (Black) (Personal Computers)

The units themselves are good solid construction with heavyweight usb plug and a microphone boom arm that doesn't look like it will break easily (like some do). Sound quality is good, with an acceptable amount of bass.

The usb thing works exactly as advertised on both XP and Vista. The sounds normally come out of my speakers. There is no software to load and when I plug in the headset, sounds suddenly come out of the headphones, it really is that easy.

I have noticed that when I am in a game such as WOW, that I have to exit the game and restart to have the game recognize the switch.

Unfortunately there is one thing that keeps me from giving it a 5 star rating. After about 2 hours of play I noticed my ears were hurting. The unit has a fairly tight tension and the old-style rubber earpieces and they started to hurt my ears.

The unit works good as advertised and looks like it won't break like so many others, but i will look for a lighter-weight unit with foam ear coverings that hopefully won't hurt my ears.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Sound/Bad USB connection, February 14, 2008
K. Richmond (Washington, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have had two sets - the USB plug came apart in both models. I repurchased because the comfort and quality of sound are TOP NOTCH! If you will use them on desktop you can't go wrong, but for laptop and travel the USB connection WILL fall apart. I look forward to a new model update that might fix the connection issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for podcasts, listening to music, internet telephone, August 1, 2008
I love the Logictech ClearChat headset. The ear pieces are nicely padded, with excellent noise canceling sound. The rigid microphone boom can be lowered or raised, according to whether you want to record/talk or just listen. They work equally well with both Windows and Mac OS X machines, with no driver software required. Because they connect using a USB source, they are strictly for computers, however, and cannot be used with stereo systems or iPods.

Within minutes of opening the box and plugging the connection into a USB slot, I was able to create a high-quality podcast on my Mac using Garage Band, part of the Apple iLife '08 suite. (To hear the sound quality of the podcast, email me or go to my Amazon Connect page on my profile.) My Mac immediately identified the headset as a possible input/output device, although I had to manually change the previous settings to use it. The mute button, located halfway down the cord, works instantly, without any clicks, although it's not always easy to tell whether the blinking red light means the mike is muted (it does) or whether it should be a steady red light.

The sound quality is excellent, although obviously the source and medium can limit the quality. Just as important, the headset is extremely comfortable; I was able to wear the ClearChat for hours without any fatigue or discomfort. The wire leading from the headset to the mute button seems like it might be fragile, so people who walk around while wearing their headsets might encounter problems. All in all, the Logitech ClearChat is an excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite headset yet!, April 27, 2008
I've had a lot of headsets, a lot of headphones, and a lot of microphones.

As far as computer use goes, this headset is my favorite. The USB technology is great because it delivers pure digital sound in one connection and one wire. My computer (Windows XP) instantly recognized the headphones and they began working.

One great thing about this headset is that if you want to go back to speakers, you don't have to swap the 3.5mm plugs; you just unplug the headphones and it defaults back to the speakers, and when you plug the headphones back in it switches back to headphones.

The inline volume/mute is useful and it's digital rather than analog.

Now about comfort: these headphones don't look as comfortable as some of the really big cup earphones, but trust me they are far more comfortable. Not only are they soft and plush (leather), but they are so light it's easy to forget your wearing them. I can wear these for hours on end without any discomfort.

On the sound quality: probably the best sound quality you can get for a headset (phone/mic duo) under $100. Because they are USB, the signal is digital rather than analog and there is NEVER any type of static or popping etc. The mic is noise canceling (background noise no longer a problem) and the headphones are very clear and have pretty good range for what they are.

Overall this headset is more what you'd expect to pay around $70 for. They aren't as good for music as my Skullcandy smokin' buds headhphones which I use to listen to my iPhone, but they definitely get the job done for Gaming, Internet Conference/Calling, and General Use (Casual Music Listening, Narrating etc.) for desktops/laptops. Audiophiles definitely won't care much for these because they aren't amplified or high definition, but the casual user will definitely enjoy these headphones.

I also have the Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones and the sound quality is about the same, but the comfort and convenience of built in mic makes this headset better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset, March 22, 2008
There's definitely some functions about this headset I like. The USB capability instead of the usual use of plugging in the mic and the sound in lines is very handy. If you just want to turn off your speakers-- to avoid waking the neighbors, significant other, etc.-- all you have to do is plug them in and restart the application.
The sound coming through is very clear and the earphones are very comfortable. The headband is adjustable so that the earphones are at the right height.
The mic boom rotates easily and isn't intrusive at all. However it is not adjustable; so you cannot move it closer to your mouth, and might have to adjust the pickup on certain programs. I'm looking forward to trying this out on Team Fortress 2, especially after my last one died and I didn't even realize that the people on my team couldn't hear my voice.
But overall a great headset and I'm definitely glad I picked it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 25, 2008
Length:: 0:26 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rosetta Stone, March 11, 2010
I purchased this headset to use specifically with Rosetta Stone and it works perfectly. They are comfortable enough to wear for hours at a time ,and they do a great job of blocking out the noise around you as well.

Although I have not used it with Skype or anything like that, I can definitely recommend it for Rosetta Stone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous!, May 16, 2008
I have now owned this headset for over 6 months. I am a heavy online game player <more than 30hrs per week> and I must say this headset is great! It interphases well with ingame sound systems. Truely comfortable on the ears, sound quality is wonderful! Durability is great! Clumsy as I am, have dropped it at least 10 times if not more on ceramic tile, my 10lb dog has walked on it several times, my 100lb dog has tangled up in the cord and pulled it full force <on the USB connection> 3 times :ps, large dog no longer allowed in computer room: and it is still working without a problem! The only fault I can find if you can consider it as that, is I sometimes sit on the volume control and mute myself or turn sound down, but think walking 2 miles a day may help that some <reduce butt volumn heheh>. I have gone thru 4 different headsets before purchasing this one. Paid well over $100 for one of them and normally over $60 for the others. This one surpasses them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so Great!... NOT ANYMORE, January 29, 2008
Okay, so 6 months later, after my sparkling review. i have to give this a thumbs down. at least my plantronics headset crapped out after 2 years
this thing didn't last 6 months and the microphone died.

i wouldn't really recommend this anymore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great microphone for skype, but even better for Dragon Naturally Speaking medical, March 8, 2010
XRADR (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using dragon for about 8 years now. Dragon recognition is very touchy to microphone issues. In particular, microphone sensitivity, background noise, etc. I recently discovered that the accuracy of dragon is sometimes hindered by high quality noise cancellation (active noise cancellation). Despite increased signal to noise ratio, the overall signal decreases with active noise cancellation, resulting in significant errors. I've used phillips speech mic (~ $300), buddy desktop mic, other logitech headsets, sennheiser headset mics (~ $150-200). So far, none of these compares with this simple headset mic in terms of voice recognition accuracy. It's not the most comfortable, and it certainly doesn't isolate like circumaural headsets. but, it makes up for it in really working well with Dragon. For skype calls, it works moderately well. When using 'skype out' (skype to land lines) quality is 8/10. When using skype to skype, it's 10/10. I have a feeling this is more related to VoIP protocol, rather than the mic itself. But, when making skype to skype calls, I can hear the most subtle sounds (including swallowing, etc). It's sort of odd at first, hearing someone's voice so clearly, but you get used to it. I would recommend this product to anyone who uses Dragon or skype. It's a lot cheaper than higher end headsets. For those into gaming/ hi fidelity, this is NOT the microphone/headset for you.

Rate and Discover Movies