- Model Number: 970055-0403
- Connectivity Technology: wired
- Color: Black
- Item Package Quantity: 1
Logitech Z560 4.1 Computer Speakers (5-Speaker, Black)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Five-piece system including powered subwoofer and four satellite speakers
- Satellite speaker power output: 53 watts RWS per channel
- Subwoofer power output: 188 watts RWS
- System frequency response: 35 MHz-20 MHz
- Total power output: 400 watts RWS
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Logitech's award-winning speaker system for premium sound. This THX-certified 4.1 surround sound system provides 400 watts of awesome power for PC games, music and DVDs. The brute force subwoofer design delivers huge, room-thumping bass while the satellite drivers enhance mid- and high-range tones.
- Five-piece system makes you feel like part of the action in games and DVD movies
- Patented M3D delivers realistic surround sound from standard two-channel stereo sound sources such as music CDs and MP3 files
- SoundTouch Control Center lets you fine tune your listening environment
- Home stereo style connectors use standard speaker wire so you can place the speakers anywhere you choose
- Five-piece system including powered subwoofer and four satellite speakers M3D technology for realistic surround sound for extreme gaming and PC desktop theater
- Brute force subwoofer design for huge, room-thumping bass
- SoundTouch Control Center with separate controls for volume, fader, and bass
- Also includes headphone jack
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, phase-aligned satellite driver technology and polished aluminum phase plug design for supreme tone quality
- 8-inch diameter "long-throw" subwoofer with wood enclosure, delivering thunderous bass performance for the ultimate audio experience
- Total power output: 400 watts RMS
- Satellite speaker power output: 53 watts RMS per channel
- Subwoofer power output: 188 watts RMS
- System frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 75 dB
- Input impedance: > 5,500 ohms
Top Customer Reviews
Let me start by explaining a little about myself. I am very into home theater and car audio, and I prefer a "bassy" system, with a powerful low-end, and the Z560's provide just that. They have very good mids and highs (although a tweeter would have been a nice addition), and really kick with the high-powered subwoofer. I've noticed a number of complaints about the subwoofer "blowing", and this is most likely due to the lack of the "break-in" period for the sub. As with all subwoofers (and speakers for that matter), these speakers must be properly broker in. You see, when the rubber surrounds are first used, they are quite tight, and have a tendancy to damage the voice-coils of the speaker/sub when high wattage is pumped through them. High end home theater systems usually recommend a 20-30 hour break-in, however, since the Logitech's are a bit looser than true hi-fi systems, a ten hour break in is probably plenty. What this means is that you should not crank the volume up past 1/3 for the first ten hours you use the system. I've also read that classical music is a good break-in music choice since it is very light and not too heavy on the bass.
So remember, when you first set up your Z-560's, DO NOT crank them all the way up and blow the sub.
I have been into great sound systems for almost 20 years now. Just to give you an idea of where my tastes run and what I consider to be high quality sound, let me tell you a quick story. I bought a pair of Infinity Kappa home stereo speakers - at the time they cost a $1,000 a pair - (the "baby" 3 way system of the line at that time - a 10" woofer, 4 1/2 midrange, and ribbon tweeter) - about 15 years ago - I still have them, they still work great - the rest of the original system has died. So I know great audio!
This system is dangerous for apartment dwellers! It has very deep base at loud volumes - watching DVDs with this 400 watt system is awesome! You will be making the neighbors very upset if you crank this system! The base will be heard and felt by all the apartments immediately above, below, and around you. This system sounds great with any type of music, and watching movies on DVD is great - it sounds better than most of my friends home movie surround sound systems!
Believe it or not the system is slightly underpowered for the 4 satellite speakers - the sound balance between the base and mid-range and highs is perfect - but when you are watching movies and really crank the volume, during really loud intense sequences - the amp sometimes - clips giving a very loud pop over the satellite speakers. I've did this several times watching the U-571 DVD battle sequences. The first day I got my system I tested it using the U-571 DVD. I was watching the submarine vs.Read more ›
To put it mildly - I was not dissapointed!
These speakers are amazing. I have them paired with an Audigy sound card, and if you turn them up all the way while you are right in front of this set, you will accomplish 3 things:
1) You will shake the foundation of your house, perhaps causing irreparable damage.
2) You will make quick enemies with your neighbors. If you live far away from the closest neighbors, you will then make enemies with the wildlife!
3) You will be checking yourself into a school for the deaf shortly thereafter, as your eardrums will not know what hit them.
If you don't belive me, that's fine. It will be your loss! Try them, if you don't like them, you can always return them. Or you can spend hundreds more for a marginal improvement that you won't be able to notice anyway!
PS - please pair these sepakers with a good sound card. You'll hurt their feelings otherwise ;)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Owned these bad boys for over a decade now. Crazy!
Owned since 11/23/2003, cost me a cool $139.00.
Still rocking perfectly! :D
i would like to say i purchased the sub and four sats at a goodwill for 25 buks and the controller was missing but took a chance anyway and boy i am glad i did , i ordered the... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Jack Portnoy
I have had my Z560 speakers for over 10 years. I had bought them when they were called "Klipsch killers," and they retain that title. Read morePublished on September 30, 2013 by sleet
Always check for the RMS total wattage. Peak wattage means nothing!
This set delivers, because it is rated at 400w RMS, including an 8" subwoofer at 200w RMS. Read more
I have had the Logitech Z560 for about 6 - 7 years now and up until last month I enjoyed the hell out of the speakers. Read morePublished on September 8, 2010 by Hector L. Rodriguez
This speaker system and every other Logitech speaker system I've bought - the main plug that goes into the subwoofer always goes bad. Read morePublished on January 21, 2009 by David J. Randall
I purchased Logitech Z560 over 4 years ago and have loved it ever since. There was one minor issue with it not long after I bought it, but Logitech was very quick to send me... Read morePublished on January 2, 2007 by T. Eaton
logitech now makes a 5.1 set(with more powerfull satelites), where they seem to have corrected the design problems of the z-560. Read morePublished on September 27, 2006 by Radio
Update 2010; Read my review of Z-2300's and this update to my 2005 review of the Z-560's ...its heading towards 2011 now and these speakers are still pumping out amazing sound as... Read morePublished on November 30, 2005 by C. Ruiz