Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on January 26, 2011
I've been using nothing but a Logitech corded mouse for at least 15 years. The M-125 is the only model I don't like.

PROS:
It's really fast, accurate, smooth and very controllable in pointer movement. Five star here.

Scroll wheel is nice, light touch easy to scroll but very positive, I like the clicks. Also 5 stars.

Feels sturdy and solid.

CONS:
Size: Way too small for a man's hand, and my petite wife didn't like it any better. Its for fingers & thumb only.

Cord: Flat cord curls badly, gets in the way,even after I stretched most of the curl out of it.

Shape: I personally don't like the indentations in the top to accommodate my index finger and middle finger. I have never had any mouse make my hand and fingers feel "tired" but that's what this mouse makes them feel.
It is too narrow at the back end of the mouse, & nothing to support the palm of my hand. That forces me to squeeze the mouse between my thumb and ring finger and I think that's what causes my hand to fatigue.

Spring loaded reel winds up the cord inside the mouse which is very convenient, but I've never seen one of these kind of reels last very long. I hope when the reel fails that the cord will still "hang out" so the mouse will continue to be usable.

Comparison: I have been using the Logitech M-UV94 Corded Laptop mouse for many years and loved it, but it's longevity was weak and it has apparently been discontinued. I went through 4 of that model mouse which was just enough larger than the M-125 to make it feel just right for my hand and my wife's also. I was hoping the M-125 would be a good replacement, but I'll not be buying a second one. I much prefer the round cord and the fool-proof manual winding of the cord around the slot in the base of the M-UV94.
44 comments16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2011
The problem of the curling cord can be completely avoided if, when pulling out the cord, it is pulled leftward rather than straight out.
22 comments13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2011
Mouse works well. Plugs right in no problem. The cord winds up and the USB connection folds nicely under the mouse, which is held by a magnet. It is compact and fits nicely in your hand with great comfort. I like not having to change batteries, I have been stuck with out a mouse because of dead batteries many times. My only complaint with this mouse is that the cord, if it is not fairly taut, it will curl up over the mouse buttons and get in the way. I suspect this is due to the flat cord, which allows for rolling up neatly but is subject to 'ribbon curl'. The USB port is right next to where I use the mouse, which may also contribute to curling, if it is stretched out longer this may not be an issue.
44 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
I can't be the first person to ponder this.

A few months ago, I bought a new laptop and a mouse with it. It was one of those cordless mice. You plug the tail end right into the USB port of your laptop or whatever and it installs right away and there you go--you're all set to do your pointer thing.

Well, being without a tail, one day the mouse slipped off the side of my desk and hit the floor. It didn't LOOK broken. I started using it again and, oh my, the left clicker went all sucky.

I cursed the tailless mouse and went on Amazon to find a whole and proper one and eventually arrived here. I ordered it and waited. Meanwhile, I angrily slammed the mouse-without-a-tail onto the desk and--the left clicker worked again. Of course, I was excited as heck! I went online to cancel my Amazon purchase but it was way too late. 'Shipping'. Oh dear, I had just wasted some money it seemed. I should have, clearly, taken another whack at it.

But then the mouse-with-a-tail came... and it's the one I use. Why? Because a mouse isn't a mouse without a tail. It's unnatural. Unheard of. Unbecoming. Plus, like the swinging monkey, it hangs from your laptop or whatever when your clumsy hand smacks it over the desk...
on September 4, 2010
I have gotten very disappointed with wireless mice over the years. I open a lot of tabs and need the center button to be very responsive. I just don't get that type of response with a wireless mouse. I used a corded microsoft intellimouse for years until my dog chewed up the cable. It was a full size one and sometimes my hand will cramp up from overuse. I was in need of a mouse that had a retractable cord so my dog wouldn't chew on it. this logitech one is awesome. the center button is very responsive. i can use this mouse on my bed without a mousepad and it doesn't skip. some wireless mice need to be on a mousepad for smooth scrolling. It's retractable and totally hides the cable; nothing sticks out. it's truly portable and fits into my laptop sleeve nicely. It isn't completely flat, but less bulge than most wireless laptop mice. Plus it will save you money on buying batteries. no software is include. Just plug n play!
on June 18, 2011
So I ordered this mouse because I was tired of putting batteries in my wireless mouse. The mouse itself is small, but not too small I feel like I'm still using a mouse if that makes sense. The retractable USB cable is nice, it easily is set to different lengths. The one complaint I have about the mouse is that the USB cable sometimes coils itself when drawn out and gets in the way of you moving the mouse forward. This is easily solved though if you shorten the length you have pulled out or if you have the mouse wrapped around something. Hope this review helps you guys!
on January 29, 2011
On the plus side, this mouse stores the cord internally, the buttons and wheel work smoothly, and it is a hand filling, comfortable size. But the crippling issue is the cord, which curls up very badly and you will find yourself getting the mouse tangled up in it constantly. I had been using a tiny Kensington mouse for a long time, but that mouse is uncomfortable for long periods as you have to pinch your hand up to fit it. For now I'll stay with a conventional corded mouse of standard size. I stay away from the cordless mice as I don't need battery failures or interference issues.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2011
This was a great mouse, perfect for me. I liked all its features. Easy to use and install. I liked the way the retractable cord worked. BUT IT QUIT AFTER JUST 5 MONTHS OF USE! Can't they make a mouse that works good and lasts anymore. I gave it a 3 because it was great while it lasted, but I believe a good product should last a lot longer!
on May 18, 2013
A regular size mouse was a bit too big and heavier to carry in a laptop bag. I decided to get a smaller mouse and this fit the bill. A big plus is a retractable USB chord.
I have had it for a few weeks and no issues thus far!
on June 13, 2013
One of the worst mices I've used in terms of ergonomics.
Completely backwards design. Slopes down at the front. High in the back.
Mouse is not long enough, have to claw.

Curling cord problem is annoying, but workable with fiddling and not extending the cord too much.

Bigges problem is that the clicky button are so low (like many other new mice these days)..

Classic cheap logitech shape or Microsoft intellimouse shape is comfortable. I hate these sloping things. Ergonomic disaster, you have to claw it like those flat Apple mice. Apple's Hockey Puck is a much more intelligent design by comparison (and the hockey puck isn't thought of as exceptionally ergonomic).