4.0 out of 5 stars Good - Almost but not yet perfect, April 3, 2008
Peter Dykhuis (Grandville, MI USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Internet Handset - USB VoIP wireless phone - DECT\GAP - Skype (Accessory)
This is a really good effort by Logitech and Skype. The hardware is very nice. The phone is attractive, easy to use, good sound, pretty good range. The only real negative for the phone is that the battery life is fairly poor. Poor though is in comparison to what you expect. You can still talk for a couple of hours on one charge. The charging station is nice and small and the phone plays a little tone when set on the station.

The interface with Skype is good. All your contacts are listed and work well. The only part of the phone usage I did not like is the phone works just like Skype meaning you have to press country code etc just as if making an international call on every call out. I would think the phone could convert for you to remove that quark so maybe all you do is deal like normal once you enter your home area code into the phone. I am not sure but it is a minor gripe.

Very good device that has mad our Skype experience far more pleasurable and functional.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, November 6, 2010
This phone works well for the most part. The interface on the phone itself is not very intuitive, and it takes quite a bit of practice to find the sequence of keypresses needed for some pretty common tasks. The range on this thing is pretty impressive: I have my skype setup in my office in the front part of the house on the 3rd floor, and it works without static when I'm on the other side of the house on the 1st floor deck. I've even walked out to the mailbox about 50 meters away and it still worked although with some static.

The sound through the phone itself is not so great, but the speakerphone built in seems much clearer. I found that using a small 1/8-inch jack earphone (not included) with this worked best. I couldn't figure out how to attach the belt clip, even with the instructions.

Overall, this is a pretty decent phone that more or less met all of my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, June 3, 2010
not a lot to say; with skype installed on my PC, and the base plugged into USB, i honestly cannot tell the difference in call quality between this and a cordless home land line. i have the skype account that allows you to call any number in US/Canada for free ($35 a year?), and use this to keep in touch with a friend north of the border.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic VOIP phone, May 30, 2010
I bought this phone for my wife, who is talking on Skype with her parents every day, while she do the hoseholds. Being wireless was a must, and certainly this phone is OUTSTANDING! The installation is easy, the quality of the handset amazing, and the sound superv! The only CON is that it's not sold anywhere. I'm from Canada, and nobody could mail it to me here. So during a business trip down in Houston I looked around an nobody seems to know what a Skype phone was!! So I ordered on line to get it delivered at my hotel. As always, AMAZON did an excellent work and now I'm enjoying me phone. Even Logitech, for same extrange reason, is not selling or promoting this phone...who knows. But if you need a wireless phone, don't doubt, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Great Service, September 15, 2012
I love being able to use my Logitech Skype phone like a regular cordless. The quality is amazing and the phone is so easy to use. I also got great service from the vendor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Skype Phone --- BUT, February 2, 2010
Peter Snow (Ramsey St Marys, Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great Skype phone that is only now let down by Logitech. Ever since Microsoft released Messenger 9 there has been a confilct between the Skype Phone and Messenger. Well after repeated calls to Logitech I have given up. Logiteck do not seem interested in writing updated drivers for this phone.
It is a shame as I do like the Phone but I must now go and buy a different brand.

Rate and Discover Movies