Other Sellers on Amazon
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone (Black/Silver)
|Price:||$129.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Advanced digital USB
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Power switch
- Adjustable microphone
Also Available in Frustration-Free Packaging
This product is now available in easy-to-ship, easy-to-open packaging optimized for our customers. See the Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging version.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:15 Mins|
I figured this would help you to see the difference in audio quality between the USB Microphone, a Logitech C910 Webcam Microphone, and a built in laptop microphone.
The USB microphone is far superior. Be sure to watch the video below, and if this review was helpful, THUMBS it up so other people can see it.
In addition to the sleek look-and-feel, feather-light design, on-off illuminated button (so you can keep it plugged in but not active or use as mute button while recording - see Customer Images), its best feature is the 8-foot long cord which allows amazing flexibility and range despite being anchored via the USB port to your computer. For me, that one simple design component speaks "volumes" about the overall design quality of this product.
This microphone is recommended for voice - not music - recording. But I found the music playback perfectly acceptable, especially as a background track.
The installation is as easy as plugging it into your USB port. Software is freely available via download.com and then by searching for EXPStudio Audio Editor Free 3.93, which features multiple track capabilities (background music with voice-over). Using your computer, the software and this microphone, you definitely can create your own in-house recording studio.
A cursory glance at Amazon reviews of the Logitech USB microphone immediately discloses that 21% are less than favorable (1-3 star rating) - a significant number - which, prudence dictates, should be considered. The following accomplishes that end and is presented in no particular order and assumes a properly functioning microphone, i.e., it is not defective. I run Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 in a custom machine.
1. Driver conflicts or faulty drivers. The Logitech USB microphone DOES NOT install any drivers, i.e., it relies on existing, native OS USB drivers. As a consequence, any lack of functionality, related to drivers, issues from one's configuration, which includes installed software.
2. Does not work with one's OS. As in number 1, above, this is always an issue which has its source within one's configuration, installed software, or conflicts therewith. By design, the Logitech USB microphone is simply a USB PNP device that handshakes with and operates via one's OS. On its site, Logitech lists the OSs and versions with which the microphone is compatible.
3. Have to have the microphone very close to one's mouth. This is always a function of one's sound configuration, either that found within Windows and integrated audio or related to one's sound card. This is especially true with Windows 7 whose default sound setup does not produce the best results with the USB microphone. There are ample discussions and suggested configurations of USB/sound setup on the Net related to various Windows and Linux versions pertaining to noise cancelling USB microphones.
4.Read more ›
I got this thing today, and my... let me apologize to reviewers below. This thing works beautifully!
I put this mic about a feet away from my mouth(bit more than a feet... right next to where I use mouse with my right hand), and spoked a few words in normal voice level(maybe a bit lower) while my air conditioner was making some noise. When I played the recording back, the voice was captured loud and clean. This mic is outstanding with reasonable price tag!
Sound quality is best at about 6 inches away, although tone is muted a bit. I was very impressed, however, at the complete absence of background noise - despite the fact that my washer and dryer were both running, and my wife and kids were talking and watching television only a few feet away. For my weekly podcast, this is the perfect choice.
Interweb research shows the next best microphone to be in the $60-$80 price range so the $20 price makes the Logitech USB Desktop Microphone a no-brainer.
As for that Service Pack 2 issue, it's possible that the difficulty was the result of another problem (such as a conflict), or it's possible an update has rendered the problem obsolete. In any case, mine worked right out of the box. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Looks alot like the 1 I have sitting on my desk for 6 years. But there is no way I paid $124. ... I think I paid $20 at best, its just a Mic not a headsetPublished 1 month ago by Guy Williamson
Best USB microphone ever. Never has a compatible issue with any windows version.Published 1 month ago by CoCo2581
I purchased this microphone back in January of 2010 and wound up receiving a good 5+ years of usage. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mike C.
Hi guys I have used this mic for recording my singing! I like it. I even made a detailed review of this product so as to help everybody decide.
so easy to use and handy. Read more
It still works after 8 years. It cost me way less than what the current price is. I paid around $23 for this. It was good for the price.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this for gaming then quickly retired it. My friends would constantly complain about the furious clicking that got broadcasted across the mic. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jeremy