Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard Folio Carbon Black for iPad 2 and iPad (3rd/4th generation) (920-005370)
- Beautiful protection, front and back. This folio-style case cradles iPad to protect both its touch screen and back panel, just like the cover of a book. A magnetic clasp keeps the folio closed when you move around. Because no part of your iPad should be left unprotected.
- Materials and finishes that suit you and your lifestyle. Make a statement before you type a single word. The rich, vibrant fabrics and colors of the FabricSkin Keyboard Folio make it unique yet thoroughly familiar and a great way to celebrate your personal style.
- Clever, magnetic stand. Hidden magnets hold iPad in your choice of two convenient positions. Upright with the keyboard exposed, iPad is at the perfect angle for typing. Laying flat with the keyboard hidden, you can browse the web, listen to music or watch videos.
- Seamlessly integrated keyboard. If you have trouble typing on the on-screen keyboard, we've got you covered. The Bluetooth® FabricSkin keyboard has full-size, keys seamlessly fused into the fabric of the folio to provide a comfortable typing experience.
- Built-in liquid resistance. Keep your iPad and its case looking brand new. Both the interior and exterior fabrics are covered with an intelligent, liquid-repellant coating that allows you to engage with iPad in new and expressive ways.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I have resisted buying a keyboard for my iPad for years. I didn't think I'd like the extra bulk nor did I think that I would find it overly useful. When the Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard was released, I liked the form factor and I've been watching co-workers use iPad keyboards left and right so I took the plunge. The verdict, I love it. I've been using the FabricSkin for over two weeks now and I like it more now than I did when I first got it. Now, every time I see someone using an iPad keyboard I can't help asking if I can type on it to see if I like it better. I've extensively played with my father-in-law's Zagg, I've paired my Bluetooth Apple Keyboard, I've used a co-workers Belkin and I'm finding a lot that I like about the FabricSkin and some things that are better about keyboards with real keys.
• Thin keyboard.
• The magnets. There are two sets of magnets, one set keeps the keyboard and the iPad securely closed while at the same time utilizing the built in magnetic power on/power off system. The second keeps the keyboard locked in the typing position. THE COOL THING IS that when you put the iPad in the typing position, the magnets trigger an internal switch that turns the keyboard on and immediately (2 seconds) pairs the keyboard to the iPad. Lifting the keyboard breaks the magnetic connection and powers off the keyboard. Very snazzy. I love it.
• I like the feel of the material on the outside of the case. It's tacky enough for a secure grip but smooth enough not to collect lint or drag on other materials it comes in contact with. I really like the feel of the leather-like molded keys.
• After a few days, I type as fast on the FabricSkin as I do my MacBook Pro.Read more ›
Cleaning and Discoloration: The white keyboard tends to discolor quickly in my bag. I'm a women who keeps my bag pretty clean but the keyboard still manages to pick up a slightly yellowish tinge on the edges. It cleans up pretty easily though. The black leather case also holds up pretty well, but after a month of toting it back and forth to work, it definitely began to show some wear. It's within the realm of expected, so I'm not deducting any stars on that account.
Near impossible to remove the iPad: I still cannot figure out how to remove my iPad from this case. It's not often that I want to because the case is so handy and useful, but as soon as I placed it in the case, I realized that I'm not sure I'll be able to remove it without some dedicated effort.
Heft: As other reviewers note, this case does add a bit of weight to the iPad. In fact, it only becomes slightly less heavy than my ASUS netbook I was trying to replace by adding the keyboard. The trade off is worth it to me though because the case is slim and makes my iPad much more productive since I can type full emails and even work on my dissertation without any noticeable hassle.
I'm still pretty happy with this case and I tend to recommend it to my fellow iPad users at work and on my university campus. However, it's not without room for improvement.
However, after that first month, some problems began. The keyboard got filthy. I work at a newspaper, and I use this folio for several hours a day. Part of the initial appeal to this case was the waterproof keyboard, which Logitech claims can easily be wiped down after use. That's a joke. I've tried just about everything to get the discoloration off of this keyboard, and it just keeps on picking up more dirt and grime.
Additionally, the fabric surrounding the keys gets loose as time goes on - while the functionality of the keys is still on point, the material has already garnered several snags and tears, making this expensive case look cheaper than some of the $24.99 models you can buy straight off of eBay.
The material of the front cover makes it hard to keep clean unless you watch yourself carefully, and while I admit that I put this keyboard to more use than the average person probably would, overall, I find myself very disappointed to be looking for a more durable alternative only three months after purchase.
It does add considerable bulk, though. Even as slim as they tried to make it, the case itself-- not counting the keyboard-- is a bit heavy and changes your iPad into something closer to a notebook in terms of weight and bulk. It's not terrible, but it's also not something I'd use around the house a lot.
I don't regret the purchase-- Indeed, I love the case-- but I find myself using it for travel only.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Although it doesn't pair at all with iPad Air 2. Its surprising that Logitech doesnt mention this fact on their site. I bought one and called support when I couldn't pair it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by NC
This is a great product if you've never updated your apple software since you purchased your iPad. Though it states that it works with all iPads generation 2-4, it clearly doesn't. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Addicted to books
I LOVE this keyboard and was lost without it! My other one had a problem with the magnet but I had used it a lot and was determined to get another. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Leslie Eaton
It said like new, not the case. Oily stains on the over and spent a lot of time cleaning what I could to get the dirt off the keyboard. Like the idea of itPublished 17 months ago by Laura Johnson
Soft touch feels nice, however, shows dirt/dust very easily. the plastic that holds the iPad in place also broke after maybe 5-6 months of use. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Jack Previte
This took some getting used to, but, fate using it for three weeks I reall like it.Published 17 months ago by Buz Dog