4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome size

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Tracking
Published 10 months ago by J. Jambik

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome size, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
Bought this for my dad, and I think I will get one for myself. It feels like the first time in years that I've used a mouse that was shaped and sized normally. By normally I mean actually as long as my hand, with some real height and width. Not sure why it's impossible to find a non-gaming mouse that fits in your hand, but aside from this, they are really hard to come by. Scroll wheel feels nice, not too clicky or smooth. Buttons do not feel like cheap microswitches. The finish on the mouse is just right, not too slick or sticky. From the short time I used the mouse, did not see anything wrong with it. If the batteries last as long as they purport to (2 years?), it'll be a sweet deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars 510 Mouse, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
Great mouse. Fits comfortably in your hand. Battery life is crazy. Last forever. Just remember, if you are going to plug the wireless adapter in a 3.0 USB port. The mouse wont respond correctly. You have to either use the 2.0 USB if you have one, if not, then you'll need to use a small USB extension cable to get the adapter away from the 3.0 port. Works great then

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME MOUSE, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
I fully recommend this mouse. I have a very small hand (even for a woman) and so I always used small mice because I believed they fit my palm the best. Boy, was I wrong. In terms of sitting at a computer all day, this is by far one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used. The unifying usb is a great if you want to use a logitech keyboard in addition to the mouse and yet only take up one usb port on your laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so far!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
I've only had it for a couple days now, so I can't speak about this product extensively. But it's been great for the first couple uses. I'll go over a few notes about my use so far:

1. It feels perfect in my hand. I was very worried about the size and feel going into it. With something like a mouse, it all comes down to personal preference. I went to Best Buy so I could find one that fit my hand well, but they didn't have any displays out to try. So I took a shot in the dark and bought this one off Amazon. I have small hands, but I'm a fully grown man, so I probably have pretty average hands for all users. It's big enough to use as a full size mouse but small enough to not be too large. The ergonomic place for your thumb is very comfortable. As an added note, I love the blue color. I decided to go with it instead of the plain black and I spent a little more but it looks great.

2. Another thing I was worried about was losing the dongle. In a perfect world I would leave it attached to my laptop. But I bought the mouse to use at work and I use a different computer every day, so I knew I would drop it eventually without realizing it. However, I found out there is a place to store it in the battery compartment. GREAT feature that isn't even mentioned in the description.

3. The buttons are solid yet easy to press. There is little resistance without having much opportunity to accidentally click or double click. I have not tried the two buttons next to the thumb space yet and probably won't put them to much use. They are out of the way enough that they don't cause a problem, yet are within easy reach for those who plan on using them.

4. The set-up (or lack of it) is idiot-proof, as my father would say. You plug the dongle into a USB port and it's ready to go. There's no software to install unless you want to use the extra two buttons, and you can flawlessly switch between computers.

Overall, I am incredibly happy with this purchase. I was trying to choose between this and the next step up, the slightly more expensive Logitech Marathon M705. If you are trying to make the same decision, don't think twice. Save a few bucks and get this one, which is also larger. (Note: I haven't ever used the M705 so I can't speak for that one. I'm just going off how much I like this one.) Very happy with my purchase!

Edit: 6 months late, I still love this mouse. I use it 40 hours a week at work and have yet to change the batteries. It's also surprisingly sturdy. I have dropped it on stone tile at work multiple times, and it still looks and works like new. But even if it did break, I'd immediately buy another. It's still extremely comfortable, and a handful of co-workers who have used my computer have told me they really liked using the mouse. Highly Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet clicks, lots of features, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
Nice mouse. Quieter than most mice when you click and that is one reason I bought it. Other reason is that it fits well with my medium hand size. Not too small and not too bulky. The USB is nice and small. I can see loosing it but I keep this mouse at home and use another brand (Microsoft combo mouse and keyboard). I bought this M510 so that I wouldn't wake the family up at night when I was working late. My wife has noticed a difference and my daughter doesn't wake up so this is good news. It also has other buttons to program, which is handy with Excel and PDF. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
After attempting to find a high quality Bluetooth mouse for a good price, I gave up and decided to stick with a wireless USB mouse. Logitech has never disappointed me and this mouse is no exception! So far, this mouse has been flawless. I wanted the blue version, so I paid $10 extra ($30 instead of $20), but this mouse has to be one of the best deals on the market! Customization of the buttons, solid design, good size, and Logitech's proven record of quality and reliability; can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favorite mouse to date., August 6, 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
My absolute favorite mouse to date. I love everything about this mouse. Trying to find anything to nit-pick, the horizontal scroll feature is a little hard to activate, but really, that's a good thing, because I'd hate to accidentally activate a horizontal scroll. By contrast, the vertical scrolling is easier than average to activate, which might be a bad thing if I were gaming, but it hasn't presented itself as an issue thus far, and there is enough resistance and distance required to scroll that I haven't accidentally scrolled during normal use. The browser back and forward buttons are also perfectly difficult to press, so I'm not bumping into them randomly, in case you were worried. I discovered that in addition to browsers, many IDEs support the back and forward buttons to switch files quickly, and so while I was originally going to remap the buttons to do something more useful, I've since opted to keep them.

The tracking is fantastic; it's everything I've come to expect from a Logitech mouse (one of my recent purchases had me worried). So if you're worried about tracking or range, don't be; I took the mouse across my house and into my bathroom, then placed it on a shiny tile wall and successfully moved the cursor to the other corner of the screen. So, it tracks well on shiny surfaces, and through some 25 feet complete with walls (I have similar luck with the M215, in case you are in the market for a compact mouse with a red LED).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good everyday mouse., September 8, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
The tracking is good, the battery life seems good (so far), good scroll wheel, good overall. I use to have a another Logitech wireless mouse, but the model was too small. This is a good size for my hand, but it's also not too big or too heavy. However this is not a gaming mouse, although it wouldn't be too far off. The nice features are the front/back buttons on the side and the side scrolling from the scroll wheel.
10/10 would buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Tracking, October 28, 2013
J. Jambik (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
I had been using an aging corded Microsoft Intellimouse until it started skipping around the screen. This Logitech M510 was meant to be its replacement but I hated it the moment I started using it. No amount of tweaking the settings seemed the ameliorate the main problem - which was that it had very poor "action". Coarse movements weren't a problem. But when I tried to hone in on small areas it seemed to jitter and stick. I gave myself several days to "get used to it" but its behavior never improved. Finally, in frustration, I returned to my old Intellimouse because, even with its faults, it was better than this Logitech.

The only reason I didn't rate this mouse a single star was that it worked as soon as I plugged it in, and the properties dialog also worked as expected.

If you require any degree of finesse in your pointing device this mouse will not provide it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wireless, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue) (Electronics)
I have never been a wireless mouse fan. I always had trouble and heard people complain about lag times when they game. This mouse works great, installed easy on Windows 8, works with the wireless keyboard if I want to use that on the same USB wireless adapter. I liked it so much I bought another.

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Blue)
$39.95 $29.95